Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Was Punk’s Raw return more 👀 or 🤯 in your opinion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Seams posted:

still waiting.....

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Seams posted:

Hard to say because unlike AEW getting it out of the way early to get the fans rocking they're saving him for the main event or somethign

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

First QT leaving and now this, really makes you think

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Intruder posted:

Hard to say because unlike AEW getting it out of the way early to get the fans rocking they're saving him for the main event or somethign

They are making the fans sit through an episode of RAW which seems awful

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

gonna put qt in a stump-puller on the cum truck

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

First QT leaving and now this, really makes you think

he already announced the Cyber Monday sale

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Okuteru posted:

Is NXT still depending on indie darlings to boost their roster? The only "success stories" from the PC that I can think of are Charlotte and maybe Tiffany Stratton

This is Bo Dallas erasure and I wont let it stand. He was an NXT Champion.

Some of us still BO-lieve.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is Bo Dallas erasure and I wont let it stand. He was an NXT Champion.

Some of us still BO-lieve.

He gave us cookies.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

1h40m into RAW and the 3rd match, a nia jax match, is starting, after the 2nd match was a double count out

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I'm more disturbed by the boner pill commercials than anything on raw. just a bunch of old men talking about how horny they want to get

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

1h40m into RAW and the 3rd match, a nia jax match, is starting, after the 2nd match was a double count out

I love when people say that wwe is good now and I check in and it has all the exact same problems it’s had for like a decade.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

JUNGLE BOY posted:

lmfao this rocks

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Yes, you're watching WWE

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
They make you feel all three hours for sure.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Yes, you're watching WWE

someone had to do it or else one of the regulars was gonna come in here and tell us it was full of bangers

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

someone had to do it or else one of the regulars was gonna come in here and tell us it was full of bangers

thank you for your service

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Begging you to let them cook

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Tato posted:

They make you feel all three hours for sure.

Much like how Rampage is the fastest hour in wrestling, RAW feels like it takes an eternity to sit through three hours.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

🫡

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Testekill posted:

Much like how Rampage is the fastest hour in wrestling, RAW feels like it takes an eternity to sit through three hours.

Everyone always gets mad at AEW for not letting things breath but I’m so happy when the show moves insanely fast instead of the slowest show of all time where nothing happens.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Testekill posted:

"I spent a week in WWE one Monday."

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

lol

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

When I was getting back into regularly watching wrestling shows at the start of the year I got genuinely into the Sami/Bloodline stuff through clips and thought I'd check out the PPVs, at least the Rumble, and I actually liked it a lot. I even watched Elimination Chamber, and also liked it. I liked it enough to want to see what was going to happen on Raw. I think this was around the time they rehired Dexter Lumis, too, and I was a big Sam Shaw fan and liked his NXT run as well.

I made it I think 80 minutes. It was utterly torturous television. It felt like every minute existed to be as depressing as possible. I'm not sure what exactly it was, but I think it was just how bright and artificial it all was, moreso than the PPVs. I felt myself getting tired as I watched it, and this was a show I chose to watch because I liked the product I had previously seen. It's truly wild stuff.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

When I was getting back into regularly watching wrestling shows at the start of the year I got genuinely into the Sami/Bloodline stuff through clips and thought I'd check out the PPVs, at least the Rumble, and I actually liked it a lot. I even watched Elimination Chamber, and also liked it. I liked it enough to want to see what was going to happen on Raw. I think this was around the time they rehired Dexter Lumis, too, and I was a big Sam Shaw fan and liked his NXT run as well.

I made it I think 80 minutes. It was utterly torturous television. It felt like every minute existed to be as depressing as possible. I'm not sure what exactly it was, but I think it was just how bright and artificial it all was, moreso than the PPVs. I felt myself getting tired as I watched it, and this was a show I chose to watch because I liked the product I had previously seen. It's truly wild stuff.

Raw is legitimately hostile tv. They’re really into never giving you what you want while also making it look as unappealing as possible.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

"bronson reed looked really strong and had a banger of a match. great promo from randy orton. really enjoying the funny skits with tozawa farting and r-truth hunting for snacks. not a bad raw overall"

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I dont even trust WWE to put on good matches at PLEs because like we just saw with miz/gunther apparently they're just running it back, again. every single feud seems like a best of 7 series

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Outside of that weird year of early NXT 2.0, NXT PPVs are where you're going to consistently get the actual good WWE matches. Or if Gunther happens to have a title match one week.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
That's a lot of words for "RAW doesn't have The Bloodline, so it sucks."

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

JUNGLE BOY posted:

"bronson reed looked really strong and had a banger of a match. great promo from randy orton. really enjoying the funny skits with tozawa farting and r-truth hunting for snacks. not a bad raw overall"

Fffuuucccckkkkkk lol

When AEW does three hour blocks it never feels like a slog, why is that?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Majinfoose posted:

Fffuuucccckkkkkk lol

When AEW does three hour blocks it never feels like a slog, why is that?

I don't know, those Adam Cole doing shenanigans at Roddy's house segments felt like 3 hours, especially that one week they played it twice.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MorningMoon posted:

The bloodline poo poo sucks rear end.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Fish Of Doom posted:

I don't know, those Adam Cole doing shenanigans at Roddy's house segments felt like 3 hours, especially that one week they played it twice.

I did scream out loud when that happened

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

MorningMoon posted:

No, no, you misunderstand - all weekly WWE programming sucks. It's truly bad TV on a fundamental presentational level.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

No, no, you misunderstand - all weekly WWE programming sucks. It's truly bad TV on a fundamental presentational level.

I heard the Gunther miz segment from last week was good so I checked it out and it was one of the worst things I’ve ever seen.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The_Rob posted:

The bloodline poo poo sucks rear end.

I was really into the clips when Sami was part of it and an honorary uso. I think I just like him orbiting around the usos and one hated him and the other loved him. Great dynamic.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

JUNGLE BOY posted:

*referencing thing from 25 minutes ago* Remember when Tozawa did the Jelly Roll?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

When exactly did watching raw or smackdown become a chore? I didn't think the were all the way up through 2010 - I stopped watching regularly because I got rid of cable and I didn't like the booking. But when did the shows actively become painful to get through?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Shard posted:

I was really into the clips when Sami was part of it and an honorary uso. I think I just like him orbiting around the usos and one hated him and the other loved him. Great dynamic.

Yeah that stuff was really fun. He added an interesting dynamic for the characters to all play off of, and it gave new life to the angle. Now it’s back to them just spinning wheels where people turn on Roman and then they’re back with him and no one moves up because Roman is never losing the title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Shard posted:

When exactly did watching raw or smackdown become a chore? I didn't think the were all the way up through 2010 - I stopped watching regularly because I got rid of cable and I didn't like the booking. But when did the shows actively become painful to get through?

Raw switched to 3 hours in 2012, it's wayyyyyyy too long but $$$