Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

If Luke Getsy were the crypt keeper he’d be calling way too many SCREAMMMM plays ehehehehehehehheehhe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I hate to say it but this kind of looks like the ideal version of what this defense should be. Really like the way they're mixing it up with the simulated pressure/blitzing on passing downs

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

xbilkis posted:

I hate to say it but this kind of looks like the ideal version of what this defense should be. Really like the way they're mixing it up with the simulated pressure/blitzing on passing downs

Flus is like a legitimately good DC.

But an abysmal coach.

And seemingly can't do both, as Defensive stuff like rotations fall through the cracks since he has to do both jobs.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I haven't really been watching Bears games this season, but I'm shocked by how bad the playcalling is and how bad Fields looks as a passer whenever he does get to throw past the line of scrimmage. This is brutal.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

surf rock posted:

I haven't really been watching Bears games this season, but I'm shocked by how bad the playcalling is and how bad Fields looks as a passer whenever he does get to throw past the line of scrimmage. This is brutal.

It really can't be overstated just how much DJ Moore and to a lesser extent Kmet are bailing Fields out on some truly hideous throws this year.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Field goals y’all

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Timby posted:

It really can't be overstated just how much DJ Moore and to a lesser extent Kmet are bailing Fields out on some truly hideous throws this year.

Of course it can because it's not true lol

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Look, without watching some of them again I don’t know I’d blame all the turnovers tonight on Josh Dobbs, but when you have 4 of them in a game you’re gonna get blamed for all of them

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Lol watch out vikings...might make this a 12-3 game.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
Man Josh dobbs loving sucks

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I'm watching a game where Dobbs has thrown four interceptions (and should've thrown a fifth) and I still believe the Bears will find a way to squander this.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
More like asstronaut imo.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

ZombieCrew posted:

Lol watch out vikings...might make this a 12-3 game.

Nope nevermind.

CodFishBalls
Jul 1, 2023

TowerofOil posted:

Man Josh dobbs loving sucks

more like both QBs loving suck

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

surf rock posted:

I'm watching a game where Dobbs has thrown four interceptions (and should've thrown a fifth) and I still believe the Bears will find a way to squander this.

So…….what’s the lottery numbers this week?

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I would like for KOC to consider calling a designed QB run or bootleg pass or something because Dobbs in the pocket every single play ain't it

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Tuned in for the 4th quarter after I got out of work, this game is a thing of beauty. Pure NFC North.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Tonight we’re all fans of the NFC North. I’m buying my shirt right now.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

Bread Liar
wow josh dobbs is actually amazing

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Getsy might legit get fired if the Bears don't score again

He basically wasted 2-3 quarters of evaluating Fields when the team only has 24 quarters left. There's an actual tangible benefit to getting him out of there and telling his replacement "No matter what, let Fields let it rip"

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Fields is fumbling his way off this team.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Up until tonight I had a positive opinion of Fields, but now I’m wondering if the commitment to the screen pass is because they don’t trust him to do anything else.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

If you're Chicago, you've gotta fire Getsy tonight so that your fanbase doesn't commit mass suicide, and you have to tank as hard as possible to max out your draft capital.

And tanking as hard as possible means starting continuing to start Justin Fields, who might legitimately be the worst starting QB in the league right now. Tommy DeVito would look better than this.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Up until tonight I had a positive opinion of Fields, but now I’m wondering if the commitment to the screen pass is because they don’t trust him to do anything else.

I mean, it's definitely partially because they don't trust him, but even that is insanely self defeating because you're telling him "Hey do something you're not particularly good at that's also extremely predictable." Just guaranteeing failure in a way that feels comfortable because it's not "risky"

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Which team? :lol:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I think Minnesota is actually gonna lose this.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

Bread Liar
Correction it is in fact KOC who sucks, absolute cowardly playcalling

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lmao when they miss this field goal

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Dexo posted:

lmao when they miss this field goal

:hmmyes:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
What an ugly game.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Congrats Bears, Eberflus lives on.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Personally, I never doubted da bears.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
lol hell yea

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Oh, Vikings! :allears:

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

surf rock posted:

If you're Chicago, you've gotta fire Getsy tonight so that your fanbase doesn't commit mass suicide, and you have to tank as hard as possible to max out your draft capital.

And tanking as hard as possible means starting continuing to start Justin Fields, who might legitimately be the worst starting QB in the league right now. Tommy DeVito would look better than this.

This is all still true, but also: thanks for worsening your draft position and giving the Vikings a sixth loss, Bears! Your game was a living nightmare that will haunt me forever.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Lost by a hair

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Hell yeah Da Bears.

Let’s go Da Bears, baybee.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
A Justin Fields game winning drive!