Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cable Guy posted:

Thankyou big wet sack of poo poo for agreeing to stop any communication from a sovereign territory whilst we continue to genocide....

gently caress you Elon.... go examine a flame trench close up during a launch fail.

The grim undertone is he's gonna isolate Gaza, let Israel genocide it out of existence, and then pick up a bunch of new construction contracts when Israel clears out the rubble and bodies and moves into their new real estate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

It genuinely surprises me that a dude like Musk who is absolutely addicted to people liking him isn't willing to spend the (relative pittance) it would take to buy himself a near-infinite supply of goodwill by actually doing those things.

I think a key part of becoming insanely rich is being weirdly obsessed with never spending a dime on anything and having the same sort of neurotic cheapness that people who grew up during the great depression had. People like Musk are just constitutionally unable to make strategic purchases that would make their lives better. I bet he sleeps in low thread count sheets too, and there's all sorts of laughably uncomfortable poo poo in his life that could easily be fixed by spending a little money.

I know there's the billions he wasted on buying Twitter, but he did everything he could to weasel out of that.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The grim undertone is he's gonna isolate Gaza, let Israel genocide it out of existence, and then pick up a bunch of new construction contracts when Israel clears out the rubble and bodies and moves into their new real estate.

Elon stays winning

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

ben shapino posted:

Elon stays winning

It's spelled whining

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

Quality car manufacturing at its finest. Sweden is going to be so sad they missed out, the strike will end immediately once this photo is published

You can tell from this picture that the big monowiper is actually 2 smaller wiper blades on the same stick, and it's always going to miss a strip between the 2 blades.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Blastedhellscape posted:

I think a key part of becoming insanely rich is being weirdly obsessed with never spending a dime on anything and having the same sort of neurotic cheapness that people who grew up during the great depression had. People like Musk are just constitutionally unable to make strategic purchases that would make their lives better. I bet he sleeps in low thread count sheets too, and there's all sorts of laughably uncomfortable poo poo in his life that could easily be fixed by spending a little money.

I know there's the billions he wasted on buying Twitter, but he did everything he could to weasel out of that.

I work for a millionaire who buys things only on clearance and wears the same ripped up shirt/long underwear/overalls every day. He hoards lots and has barns full of newspapers, cardboard boxes, bags, and so on. To be fair it's a working farm and he does use these things, but has far more than he'll need in his lifetime. But literally everything I see him buy for the farm has a clearance sticker on it. He never ever ever pays full price.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Powershift posted:

You can tell from this picture that the big monowiper is actually 2 smaller wiper blades on the same stick, and it's always going to miss a strip between the 2 blades.

:laffo:

I've said it before, but how do they keep managing to take a stupid thing and make it stupider :psyduck:

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Captain Hygiene posted:

:laffo:

I've said it before, but how do they keep managing to take a stupid thing and make it stupider :psyduck:

It's the techbro way. Trains but stupider, taxis but stupider, juicers but stupider, etc etc for all eternity

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Powershift posted:

Is that a pizza box on the dashboard?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

that dashboard is so stupidly long

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
lol it’s whole a kitchen table

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

It genuinely surprises me that a dude like Musk who is absolutely addicted to people liking him isn't willing to spend the (relative pittance) it would take to buy himself a near-infinite supply of goodwill by actually doing those things.

Like he doesn't have to care, it can be an entirely cynical "See, I'm a GOOD billionaire" thing, but it would take a fraction of a fraction of what he spent on Twitter to fix Flint while requiring literally nothing from him except him being smug about sending a check.

If you care that much about what people think about you and have access to effectively infinite money, it should be loving trivial to buy goodwill.

Musk wants to be loved for being smart enough to invent novel solutions to problems. That's why he designed a poo poo submarine to save those kids in the cave rather than offer to buy equipment for the divers.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

“Come, sit…sit. We have such sights to show you.”

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Platystemon posted:

It reminds me of when my relatives got a Lumina minivan way back when. I thought it was the coolest thing ever when I was younger, then when I saw it after having experience actually driving, all I could think was well that's a shitload of awkward wasted space.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Platystemon posted:

loving the early-2000s dress shirt logo

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

poisonpill posted:

“Come, sit…sit. We have such sights to show you.”

As long as they're further than 10m in front of the car.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Elon telling on himself there.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Captain Hygiene posted:

It reminds me of when my relatives got a Lumina minivan way back when. I thought it was the coolest thing ever when I was younger, then when I saw it after having experience actually driving, all I could think was well that's a shitload of awkward wasted space.

Elon reinvented “cab forward” design from 30 years ago

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

It's true. You can line children up against a wall but as long as you're laughing hysterically while doing it, you're morally in the right.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Leon Sumbitches posted:

I work for a millionaire who buys things only on clearance and wears the same ripped up shirt/long underwear/overalls every day. He hoards lots and has barns full of newspapers, cardboard boxes, bags, and so on. To be fair it's a working farm and he does use these things, but has far more than he'll need in his lifetime. But literally everything I see him buy for the farm has a clearance sticker on it. He never ever ever pays full price.

Because then they would have Less Money and they might need it one day!! (It's all tied into the hoarding mentality)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I remember a couple years ago I was googling for some tip or guide regarding Diablo 3 (I think) and I clicked on an article that IMC had written in like 2013 lol

I don't recall it as particularly helpful

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Further Reading posted:

Musk wants to be loved for being smart enough to invent novel solutions to problems. That's why he designed a poo poo submarine to save those kids in the cave rather than offer to buy equipment for the divers.

Did he actually "design" a submarine or did he just happen to have one built that could maybe be repurposed to do the task? I can't remember, I wasn't really paying attention at the time.

It's one thing if he had a submersible that Tesla or SpaceX had made for some reason and he was trying to make it relevant even if it was a bad fit. But if his response to the urgent need of kids trapped and dying in a cave was to ... kick off a design and R&D effort for a brand new project, uh

And you can just imagine being the various governments involved going, well er okay yes sir Elon that's very well sir but ... and you know, just tiptoeing around so as not to suggest they have anything less than the utmost confidence in the unfathomably wealthy super genius whose mind obviously works faster than any of theirs and they dare not incur his wrath or scorn or imply that he is anything less than the savior of humanity, because then he will not strew his largesse upon your country when the time comes to reap the rewards of being aligned with him, visibly part of his loyal retinue

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So I guess that Woke Mind Virus is the new name for Woke, which was the newer name for NPCs, which was the the newer name for Social Justice Warriors, which was the newer name for Political Correctness.

Time is a flat circle.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Data Graham posted:

Did he actually "design" a submarine or did he just happen to have one built that could maybe be repurposed to do the task? I can't remember, I wasn't really paying attention at the time.

Neither

It was basically a napkin drawing

And every cave expert said was either a total deathtrap or simply impossible

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

maybeadracula posted:

Neither

Or, you know, would take weeks or months to build even if it were possible.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Data Graham posted:

It's one thing if he had a submersible that Tesla or SpaceX had made for some reason and he was trying to make it relevant even if it was a bad fit. But if his response to the urgent need of kids trapped and dying in a cave was to ... kick off a design and R&D effort for a brand new project, uh

And you can just imagine being the various governments involved going, well er okay yes sir Elon that's very well sir but ... and you know, just tiptoeing around so as not to suggest they have anything less than the utmost confidence in the unfathomably wealthy super genius whose mind obviously works faster than any of theirs and they dare not incur his wrath or scorn or imply that he is anything less than the savior of humanity, because then he will not strew his largesse upon your country when the time comes to reap the rewards of being aligned with him, visibly part of his loyal retinue

it was made out of real* rocket parts op

maybeadracula posted:

Neither

nah he fly-tipped it at the cave entrance

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Data Graham posted:

Or, you know, would take weeks or months to build even if it were possible.

JARVIS could have it done in an hour, tops

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

why do they keep repeating themselves

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lmfao

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sir Tonk posted:

why do they keep repeating themselves

Trying to imagine being one of these sycophantic dickriders who he keeps replying to and just regurgitating exactly what you said using the exact same words. What goes through your mind? “Wow, I must be a genius too! Elon Musk is echoing me like a trained parrot!”

Do you at some point maybe think “uh wow this guy might actually be some kind of non-sentient life form”

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I hope that dumb rear end gets cancer and it sucks all the toxins out of their body and the massive resulting tumor crushes them.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

kazil posted:

and here it is, the "if I'm antisemitic, why would I meet with Netanyahu?"

Yep, not worshipping israel is antisemitic. Thanks mr krassenstein

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rE8Xbe7V0w

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1016443130017505280

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

maybeadracula posted:

Neither

lol he got the idea from the James Bond submarine car he bought

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Darchangel posted:

Yeah, I have a friend who follows the launches. He thinks Elon "has issues" but for some reason still thinks he's a smart guy and a good engineer.

There's stupid-but-harmless, then there's that dangerous, aggressively stupid big brain.
The replies are filled to the brim with other homeopathic "doctor's bad", "big pHARMa" twats, too.

I feel like this is one of those problems that solves itself, for some people at least

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Oh wow I didn't realize anything was actually built

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
With this simple modification we can turn this child-size space coffin into a child-size aquatic cave coffin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

maybeadracula posted:

Neither

There were parts of the cave that were above water and you had to crawl through, I don’t think the submarine would have worked