Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

he literally did not sound like he believed a single word he was saying.

wrestling is fake dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The promo was as strong as his convictions

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

You can see in real time as his last shred of dignity died.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I did not have 'Randy Orton completely outclassed CM Punk on the mic with basically the same material in 2023' on my bingo card, but here we are.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

JUNGLE BOY posted:

he literally did not sound like he believed a single word he was saying. not the guy who made me a fan 2 years ago. #notmyphil

what's swerve and jay white up to

Friend, what if I told you they are wrestling Wednesday night

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

a tiny part of punk died with tony khan under that pile of TV monitors

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

The promo was as strong as his bones

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Wow, what a MOMENT!!! 👀👀👀👀

Somehow more disappointing than I ever could have imagined. Just a phoned-in mirror image of his promo when he returned in AEW, and that at least felt real and also happened at the start of the show. Someone in the thread asked how long it would take until he, like Cody, like the rest of the roster became Just A Guy and I guess the answer was "one night" lol.

Shard posted:

I still remember how excited and affected I was when he returned in 2021. I like to clown on him but I wish he was still good and wasn't a giant loser.

Agreed. The jokes are funny but gently caress dude this really hammers in just how bad he's washed and how dumb this whole thing is. We're a long way from 2021. His coming back to wrestling felt like a miracle. Now it's clown shoes stuff.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Dimebags Brain posted:

A friend sent me this match with the words "HOLY poo poo!!! loving WATCH THIS!"
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5x713r

And how could WWE ever compete again?

gently caress man. This is a hell of a match.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

While I concur it was a bland promo, got a sneaking suspicion there's an intentional level of insincerity here meant to play out later

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

folks, they're calling him AI Punk

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MasterSitsu posted:

While I concur it was a bland promo, got a sneaking suspicion there's an intentional level of insincerity here meant to play out later

He's no Cody

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MasterSitsu posted:

Lol
Lmao

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don’t have USA, where can I see the full promo? Is it on YouTube? I also want to laugh at the dork.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

MasterSitsu posted:

dont even have the energy to make fun of you for this anymore

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MasterSitsu posted:

i watched this mf do hulk hogan poses for 3 months and cody wear a homelander costume I'm done with that kinda cope

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

MasterSitsu posted:

We thought that when he came back to Collision after his suspension.

Like sure, you might be right, but there's a time to sow seeds and there's a time to loving sprout already.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Dimebags Brain posted:

A friend sent me this match with the words "HOLY poo poo!!! loving WATCH THIS!"
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5x713r

And how could WWE ever compete again?

drat it, am I really going to watch this match I've seen a million times a 2nd time this week from a random link posted here?

Yeah probably

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

That is the look of a tired man who has to eat not one but TEN THOUSAND poo poo sandwiches knowing he deserves each and every one of them. Holy poo poo.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Have to imagine part of CM Punk coming back was "We script every part of your promo so you don't gently caress everything up" and you can see it in his eyes.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i watched this mf do hulk hogan poses for 3 months and cody wear a homelander costume I'm done with that kinda cope

Are you gonna change your av again

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MasterSitsu posted:

Cody is turning heel, MJFs jokes are bad on purpose, and Brawl Out is actually a work

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I'm (in need of money to make mortgage payments for my) home

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

That DICK! posted:

lol

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

his matches are going to be dreadful

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Also the true cope is that they're scripting him and once he proves he can behave and gets free it's gonna be on like donkey kong

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

Are you gonna change your av again

probably, gimme some recommendations shard

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Tonight we will find out that the “not all people are happy” line was him shooting at someone random….ummm, let’s go with Jey Uso and it leads to the backshit door being opened.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That DICK! posted:

lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

That DICK! posted:

lol

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

It would've felt more from the heart if he just came out and ranted for five minutes about property taxes on a $4 million house

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

also congrats to cody fans because i cannot imagine punk either putting out that work to lead to a roman/punk mania match or triple h seeing that promo and going 'that's my mania main eventer'

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

probably, gimme some recommendations shard

Swerve

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Open Marriage Night posted:

You can see in real time as his last shred of dignity died.

waiting for the simpsons cut to appear on botchamania

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Ganso Bomb posted:

I don’t have USA, where can I see the full promo? Is it on YouTube? I also want to laugh at the dork.

Found it, for anyone else interested

https://youtu.be/udeZKYWBfSE?si=qOWQ5j0ytjd5FiMX

Just starting this now and the building is packed but it doesn’t seem like anyone is really cheering when he comes out? It’s just the regular WWE crowd noise murmur so far. It’s weird.

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Nov 28, 2023

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

That DICK! posted:

:drat:

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Stop booing. I'm right.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MasterSitsu posted:

Stop booing. I'm right.

Toxx on it

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Cody is turning heel, MJFs jokes are bad on purpose, and Brawl Out is actually a work

Ask questions, jet fuel can't melt steel beams, how can the Earth be round if AJ Styles has been in a plane and not seen the Earth look like a ball etc etc etc etc......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Punk old, washed, can’t promo, broken down. Sounds like Tony not only dodged a flying monitor, but also a bullet.