Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

I like aew and am looking forward to dynamite on Wednesday

Aye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Sir Tonk posted:

me too :)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Sir Tonk posted:

That's controversial in this thread.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sir Tonk posted:

Dynamite rules, and the Continental Classic continues :woop:

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Sir Tonk posted:

Spitting fire here

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sir Tonk posted:

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Ay ee dub x2 (or even x3 if the crowd around me is real into it)

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
The Gold block and Blue blocks would also make baller trios tag matches.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Writer Cath posted:

The Gold block and Blue blocks would also make baller trios tag matches.

Tony do preview trios matches like NJPW plz

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Jerusalem posted:

Dynamite rules, and the Continental Classic continues :woop:

:yeah:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

swerve/switch is going to be some wild stuff no matter what

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I want to see jay lethal be reduced to a chunky paste by jon moxley

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

His promo was as strong as his convictions

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Apparently Punk’s promo on Raw was very bad, so maybe everyone in AEW who thought him showing up in WWE made them look bad will feel better now.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

Apparently Punk’s promo on Raw was very bad, so maybe everyone in AEW who thought him showing up in WWE made them look bad will feel better now.

It was basically a cliffnotes version of his first AEW promo. Only honest thing he said was after the promo when he said into the camera "I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to make money"

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That DICK! posted:

His promo was as strong as his convictions

hey thats my line

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFeoPFeWlg

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

Dax and (insert guy you are a fan of who isn't actually a big Punk guy and didn't leak anything but people might get mad if I type their name) will never feel better.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

All I know is that promo was as strong as his convictions

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I watched all of Raw, and I must say some people are a little too harsh on AEW and should not be throwing the WWE comparisons around so freely.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I watched all of Raw, and I must say some people are a little too harsh on AEW and should not be throwing the WWE comparisons around so freely.

You just made me horse laugh in real life holy poo poo. You're my favorite poster

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

:laffo:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I'm home

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
I'm here to make posts not friends

or money

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Punk is washed and QT has left to get some real back office people in charge. Things are looking up for AEW

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

:allears:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sometimes it pays to remind yourself exactly what wrestling was in America before aew. Tonight was all there used to be. Never forget that

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

back in my day you only had two options for wrestling and cm punk was on both of them. you'd try to switch to the one he wasn't on and he'd move to the other set like mr. burns and yell at you

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

JUNGLE BOY posted:

JUNGLE BOY I always loved you

Ganso Bomb posted:

Since I'm partially this, I'll re-iterate that I was pretty pleased with Punk going to WWE just so that his specter won't loom over AEW moving forward. It was bad optics short term, but grand scheme of things I think it's great and I'm happy to see him salt his AEW grave.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

no i dont think so shard i will not be watching that slime wrestling again!

Not when i can think about my TBS champion Julia whooping rear end!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

JUNGLE BOY posted:

:lol:

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

*Mild pop*

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
the c2 has me hootin an hollerin and cheering for my favorite boys to beat up the other boys and god drat i just love this kinda tourney done well and it seems off to a good start fuckin yahoo yall its good to be elite whooooos house

e tony do one for the women in the spring itll get everyone off your back for like half a year on that, also it'd fuckin rip

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Majinfoose posted:

*Mild poop*

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

shiksa posted:

the c2 has me hootin an hollerin and cheering for my favorite boys to beat up the other boys and god drat i just love this kinda tourney done well and it seems off to a good start fuckin yahoo yall its good to be elite whooooos house

e tony do one for the women in the spring itll get everyone off your back for like half a year on that, also it'd fuckin rip

Women's C2 please Tony. Get Yuka in it!!!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
For anyone ITT who cares, here's a video with a quick recap of the contents of Punk's promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRfy1yorkec

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Absolutely amazing.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I haven’t followed this thread for a week because I forgot to bookmark it but what am I missing here

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Whoever posted that Simpsons clip of homer crawling through the tiny door was pretty much right on. This is a defeated man. I wanted a 10 minute messy burial. I got a dude who was just going through the motions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Sydney Bottocks posted:

For anyone ITT who cares, here's a video with a quick recap of the contents of Punk's promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRfy1yorkec

that promo wishes it has one tenth of the emotion present in that level of Elite Beat Agents

All Elite Beat Agents