Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
drat, even though I'd already read the text from it when leaks dropped, the end of the event still made me weepy. Good event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope a future catalyst character uses a whip. 2/3 Guys just punch instead of doing any form of magic casting motions so I'm hoping they keep getting more variety.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Just some questions that I should really already know the answer to:

Are sigils infinite? And do chests respawn?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

hiddenriverninja posted:

No and no, but there are more than enough sigils in each zone to clear out the stores/turn-in spots

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

hiddenriverninja posted:

Just some questions that I should really already know the answer to:

No and no.

There is one certain, uh, special location where a sort of spawn cycle occurs but it's not what you'd imagine.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

RareAcumen posted:

I hope a future catalyst character uses a whip. 2/3 Guys just punch instead of doing any form of magic casting motions so I'm hoping they keep getting more variety.

They should just do what HI3 does where the weapon is just independent of what you use. Like take Luna. Officially she uses a cross as a weapon. However that never appears on her model or in combat, she just uses an eviscerator chainsword. Or Kiana whose every suit uses dual pistols, but only one or two of them actually use pistols, the rest of the time she's doing kung fu or using a giant sword or a smaller sword and one pistol.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Just manifest the Arlecchino dual knife/whip leak.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

haypliss posted:

You best believe all my energy is going into that. I am down bad for her.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

No Wave posted:

It's not specifically for charlotte. It adds zoom to the kamera. Charlotte gets another feature though.

It's actually rather annoying if you wanted to actually use charlotte, though. So I guess it's getting switched off and forgotten for ages instead, rip.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

haypliss posted:

Her attack/skill animations should include pulling apart her polearm and forming a long chain whip (like in the Hoyofair 2022 House of Wolves animation)

Note Block fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Nov 28, 2023

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Every day I toil away at the Aranara questline so that after I pass away, my children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren will carry the torch to someday see its completion. The forest may remember what the hell is going on in this storyline and why I'm doing it, but I do not.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Note Block posted:

No and no.

There is one certain, uh, special location where a sort of spawn cycle occurs but it's not what you'd imagine.

Is it the tanuki up by the Narukami Shrine who pretends to be a treasure chest and gives my compass false hope every goddamn time?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Note Block posted:

Her attack/skill animations should include pulling apart her polearm and forming a long chain whip (like in the Hoyofair 2022 House of Wolves animation)

They can even borrow the trailer music for the best character of all time, the Almighty Herrscher of Sentience!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNP5tJj0oKE

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I hadn't really planned on this, but I might take the 50-50 on Ayato. The computer says I can probably (90+%) swing 4 other 5-stars between now and 4.5 even if I win.

I actually already have Haran, because I had some pity tied up from trying and failing to get a Xiphos' Moonlight earlier, and wanted to cash it out last time he was running. (Engulfing Lightning was what I actually wanted, but Keqing and even Ayaka can also make good use of Haran, which is why I picked that banner.)

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Vargs posted:

Every day I toil away at the Aranara questline so that after I pass away, my children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren will carry the torch to someday see its completion. The forest may remember what the hell is going on in this storyline and why I'm doing it, but I do not.

The memory of death has withered the land, creating blighted pockets that imperil anyone without a Vision to ward them off. A regular ol' ranger charged directly into one to rescue a kid from some loving Fatui kidnappers and got a big ol' snootful. It's cool, though, the aranara she adventured with as a kid has suspended her in a timeless sleep and it's not going to get any worse, but in order for it to get better you need a big dose of Aranara power, which is made out of good times with friends. So they're throwing a festival and want you to go out and make friends and have good times with them before you invite them back home.

If you just have a vague objective of "have adventures with Aranara" there's an aranadventurer's handbook in your key items that you can look through the various chapters of to give you an idea where to go next.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

I hadn't really planned on this, but I might take the 50-50 on Ayato. The computer says I can probably (90+%) swing 4 other 5-stars between now and 4.5 even if I win.

Is there a calculator for this or did you just do the math yourself?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I am curious if early release assumptions of "batches" of chests going out over time, which answered a bunch of confusion on people opening new chests from areas they fully sweeped before was true or not

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Xun posted:

I wrote a script to do the math for me, yeah.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Glazius posted:

Is it the tanuki up by the Narukami Shrine who pretends to be a treasure chest and gives my compass false hope every goddamn time?

Glide down to the ledge above that meddlesome tanuki and then climb down directly onto the chest. Put your whole rear end on that chest then open it for reals.

Meowywitch posted:

I am curious if early release assumptions of "batches" of chests going out over time, which answered a bunch of confusion on people opening new chests from areas they fully sweeped before was true or not

Some unlock at certain AR breakpoints!

edit: oh and sometimes they straight up add new chests to existing areas, but it's not often and it's usually not many.

I made it a personal mission to fully complete every available chest in the game (not including those early event chests from like 1.6 and 2.2) so I have an unfortunately large amount of chest knowledge now. :xickos:

There have so far only been two chests that I would have NEVER found on my own even by sweeping the entire map manually.

Note Block fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Nov 28, 2023

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Vargs posted:

Whats-her-name has been in that bubble since 3.0 launch she'll keep a little longer.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I finished that whole questline in about a week.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Meowywitch posted:

Release had so many glorious rumors and delicious misinformation. It was like when Dark Souls first released. There were videos "proving" (read: not proving) respawning chests. Unfortunately we'll never get that again.

Edit: Oh, and one beginners guide I watched advised strongly to comb the map for every single chest asap, since they'd respawn at <insert rank here>.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Note Block posted:

There have so far only been two chests that I would have NEVER found on my own even by sweeping the entire map manually.

Do you happen to remember which/where? Would be interesting to see just how weirdly placed and hidden they are.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

My guess is it's in some tall tree in some dumb forest

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

valuum posted:

Do you happen to remember which/where? Would be interesting to see just how weirdly placed and hidden they are.
There are chests placed out of bounds in one-time domains you have to glitch into but those dont really count (they dont count for completion percent either).

There's one in sumeru you get by clearing a specific enemy camp four times, as in you need to do it across four daily resets. And there's the 1.0 liyue one where you have to use geo traveler E on the head of a statue near the water in liyue (that one is my vote for most nonsense/hidden).

And ofc there's the heart chest that requires co-op but at least there's an achievement tied to that one.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

valuum posted:

One of them is a buried chest in Liyue next to a fence that is literally not near anything else and also is one of 21 chests that count towards Mondstadt.

The other is the three buttons in Dragonspine. Like, COME ON. I found every other thing humanly possible there without a guide and those god damned buttons eluded me. I would have NEVER SEEN them either.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

There are chests placed out of bounds in one-time domains you have to glitch into but those dont really count (they dont count for completion percent either).

These don't count towards official completionist numbers. Some of the very early events do though! :sigh:

quote:

There's one in sumeru you get by clearing a specific enemy camp four times, as in you need to do it across four daily resets. And there's the 1.0 liyue one where you have to use geo traveler E on the head of a statue near the water in liyue (that one is my vote for most nonsense/hidden).

I found the geo hat common chest completely on my own :D

edit: Zhongli pillar also works for the chest, not just geo Traveler starfall.

quote:

And ofc there's the heart chest that requires co-op but at least there's an achievement tied to that one.

There are several co-op chests actually!

Note Block fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Nov 28, 2023

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Xun posted:

FractalSandwich posted:

I wrote a script to do the math for me, yeah.

Now slightly cleaned up and available here, for any interested parties with a Python installation.

e: Fixed a bug that made it calculate the number of remaining Abyss resets slightly incorrectly.
e2: For real this time.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Nov 28, 2023

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I went hunting! Trip report:

No Wave posted:

And there's the 1.0 liyue one where you have to use geo traveler E on the head of a statue near the water in liyue (that one is my vote for most nonsense/hidden).
This one, can also use Zhong and probably any other geo: https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/jc3i00/this_statue_spawns_a_chest_if_you_use_geo_mcs/

Note Block posted:

One of them is a buried chest in Liyue next to a fence that is literally not near anything else and also is one of 21 chests that count towards Mondstadt.
Didnt find this one specifically, but jesus there are many bullshit chests in Liyue. Several of them here, and also for some reason some very obvious ones: http://genshin.gamea.co/c/jpppnt8a

Note Block posted:

The other is the three buttons in Dragonspine. Like, COME ON. I found every other thing humanly possible there without a guide and those god damned buttons eluded me. I would have NEVER SEEN them either.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GenshinImpactTips/comments/kjw0r2/touch_3_of_these_buttons_underneath_the_railing/ - I had already done this one!

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

Now slightly cleaned up and available here, for any interested parties with a Python installation.

e: Fixed a bug that made it calculate the number of remaining Abyss resets slightly incorrectly.
e2: For real this time.

Ooohh, thanks!

Actually can I add this to the genshin servers bot?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Xun posted:

Ooohh, thanks!

Actually can I add this to the genshin servers bot?
Sure, go nuts.

It does have a couple of limitations: it doesn't take timezones into account or help with the weapon banner at all, and the sim class keeps track of a bunch of stats that aren't used in this case.

Kale
May 14, 2010

haypliss posted:

That sounds both like some fanboys dream kit and something that could easily happen in a Hoyo game at the same time.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Glazius posted:

aranadventurer's handbook

:golfclap:

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

valuum posted:

This one, can also use Zhong and probably any other geo: https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/jc3i00/this_statue_spawns_a_chest_if_you_use_geo_mcs/

Didnt find this one specifically, but jesus there are many bullshit chests in Liyue. Several of them here, and also for some reason some very obvious ones: http://genshin.gamea.co/c/jpppnt8a

https://www.reddit.com/r/GenshinImpactTips/comments/kjw0r2/touch_3_of_these_buttons_underneath_the_railing/ - I had already done this one!
Most of the pressure-sensative puzzles in Liyue can be solved by Amber's Baron Bunny, Yaoyao's Yugei, or Ninguang's screen but all three of those are so finicky to aim that sometimes it's easier to just swap to geo MC so you can aim

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Tampa Bae posted:

Most of the pressure-sensative puzzles in Liyue can be solved by Amber's Baron Bunny, Yaoyao's Yugei, or Ninguang's screen but all three of those are so finicky to aim that sometimes it's easier to just swap to geo MC so you can aim

These are ridiculously obscure chests, not signified in any way. "Plop a geo construct on this statue's head", "go near this spot and a chest spawns", "remove this tiny spec of hay" and such.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Yeah after doing all of Liyue's chests twice now the ones I remember the most are just the weighted puzzles because they were always so annoying to swap in characters for. For some reason Starfell Valley is the only area in both accounts I haven't gotten 100% at and I honestly have no idea what I'm missing at this point without pulling up a guide

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
You can go well over 100% map completion for the chests/seelie/timed trials, just fyi.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
They massively buffed Navia's skill damage last week, and that change seems to have survived into the next build. I still have no idea how I'm supposed to build a team around her, but if they want to make her just do a stupid amount of damage so I can easily brute-force it, I won't complain.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

valuum posted:

How fun! I love sweeping the map and hunting content! I also use the unofficial Genshin Impact Interactive World Map for keeping track of progress post-hunting or in the rare cases where I absolutely needed a guide because my total numbers were off.

There are 1131* chests in Liyue and precisely half of them are bullshit. Here's a blog article from hoyolab regarding some of the weirder aspects of max chest counts, including the Liyue chests that count towards Mondstadt as well as other oddities: https://www.hoyolab.com/article/3639745

*the grand total is actually 1148, with 15 that are event locked from 1.3 and 2 that are event locked from 2.2 :ssh:

Note Block fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Nov 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Up to 1120 on the counter with those last few ridiculous ones. Unless they merge our data with the interactive map it'll probably stay that way.

..then again I'll likely randomly run into a chest sitting plainly in the middle of a road or something.