Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

AEW is so back, it’s like it never actually left.

Very interested to see what goes on with MJF for December and how they keep interest up in the devil stuff and the Joe match. Although I guess just have Joe come out and do cool poo poo for the 2nd part of that equation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

You know who I miss? Jamie Hayter.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Never heard of him.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
CM Punk should have went to TNA to give Bobby Fish the Iggy

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

The Stroker Ace posted:

Yo same

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

The Stroker Ace posted:

hell, same

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Stroker Ace posted:

she was really good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i miss PAC so much

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

My 2024 wishlist

Omega as champ
Swerve as TNT
Death Triangle as trios
Hayter as champ

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

The Stroker Ace posted:

:yeah:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

I have heard from many, many people, some of whom did not know that this was happening, and most of whom did, so it was not a secret. Some have known for weeks, some have known for months. People have talked to him. He’s expressed his frustrations. There have been things that have happened. QT had a very well-paying job, he was a Vice President of creative and talent. He’s no longer doing the formats, but he did those for years. I think there’s a lot of things that have been said. One thing with QT, and it’s a big one – QT wants to be a wrestling star. And it wasn’t gonna happen in AEW. I know he expressed frustration to a lot of people about that – feeling he’s had good matches but he’s not been positioned to be a wrestling star there. Of everyone that I heard from, not one had anything bad to say about QT. And most were sympathetic towards him. A lot of talent tweeted it, but a lot of talent privately, very supportive of QT and understanding his position

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

He got pushed very high for a guy who was never gonna be a mega star.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Always bet on yourself, good luck QT

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I'm not sure what company would actually make QT a star as a wrestler but I hope he finds it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lamuella posted:

I'm not sure what company would actually make QT a star as a wrestler but I hope he finds it.

AAA or TNA.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

QT Marshall will run AAA. I believe in him.

It's a shame he left before we could get that Ahmed Johnson match :(

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

GenghisTron posted:

My 2024 wishlist

Omega as champ
Swerve as TNT
Death Triangle as trios
Hayter as champ

https://i.imgur.com/ayHUa6C.mp4

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I like QT.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

QT absolutely fits into AAA and will probably have an insane ladder match or something with Psycho Clown by the end of 2024.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
QT will return AEW in 2029 after becoming a huge star and he will finish the story (QTV).

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

The Stroker Ace posted:

big time

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
QT could have an Emi Sakura type career if he tries to engage the audience on their terms but that's his ceiling

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kennel posted:

QT will return AEW in 2029 after becoming a huge star and he will finish the story (QTV).

AEW won’t be around in 2029

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

QT is a shawn spears type for the boys good fundamentals nice snap worker. Go spread your wings and fly, QT. @Billy could use a good hand

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the devil starts appearing very large and Joe-like all of a sudden, we're all cool with it

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

the devil should have been qt

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cody is gonna get repackaged as Kerwin White Jr and he needs a caddy

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

QT holds an ambulance match victory over Penta, That man is a star.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

completely delusional lol

this is a guy who made someone who actually has the potential to be a star, will hobbs, look like a fuckin goober

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He saved Hobbs from the book. All of Hobbs worst ideas have obviously come from Hobbs

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

blunt posted:

QT holds an ambulance match victory over Penta, That man is a star.

That match was drat hilarious and I wish he got to do an actual Rampage storyline with the greatest Mexican champion gimmick. The first promo they did was a lot of fun.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Can I get a summation of why AEW is supposed to be so bad now? Is it all the MJF stuff?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Maybe VoW will back it up but I don't think being a wrestling star is a huge motivating factor for QT. Seems at odds with some other things but it's possible.

Yaramund
Jul 22, 2015

The face of a killer
in a ghostly design
QTV was only worth it for Harley Cameron evolving into a fun and dumb singing character with the 'roll the footage govna' and for getting the 'he's gay' chant for Bowens.

Everything else like QT inserting himself into the Hobbs v Wardlow feud and Aaron Solo being a void of charisma were pointless.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

QT and Cody having that blood feud that involved a figure 4 on top of a bus was loving wild, in hindsight.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

kinetic77 posted:

Can I get a summation of why AEW is supposed to be so bad now? Is it all the MJF stuff?

Jimmy Jacobs is going all Grima Wormtongue on Tony Khan.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Maybe VoW will back it up but I don't think being a wrestling star is a huge motivating factor for QT. Seems at odds with some other things but it's possible.

Joe was hinting pretty strongly about it being Create-A-Pro related but it'll be talked about Thursday #Podcasters

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

kinetic77 posted:

I think it's mostly how the wrestlers look at the TV screens in the back. Really breaks me out of my temporary suspension of disbelief. Like, ew.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Pylons posted:

Jimmy Jacobs is going all Grima Wormtongue on Tony Khan.

I get the metaphor but how does this actually play out on the shows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i just watch wednesday wrestling and try not to worry about it too much.

This is the correct way to do it.