Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Rick posted:

I think when we saw Cade with Team USA he definitely looks like a guy who can be a star.

yeah, but at least for me it was his defense that would put him over the top. that has yet to show up in the nba, especially this season. his offense today looks like the most likely outcome from his predraft days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

The Nuggets got so bored of beating the Clippers with Nuggets players that they decided to beat them with Clippers players.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Poole and Kuzma are living the dream. They both already have title rings and are well compensated on a team going nowhere. Every day they can go out there and just play Washington Generals basketball.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Harlock posted:

Poole and Kuzma are living the dream. They both already have title rings and are well compensated on a team going nowhere. Every day they can go out there and just play Washington Generals basketball.

The Generals play to win; they are just hopelessly outmatched. These two play more like a parody of the Globetrotters.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Jack's Flow posted:

I am actually stunned how bad Poole has been. I thought he could be, at least, a microwave scorer off the bench for the right team. Right now I’m not sure he’ll be in the league after his contract is up.

He absolutely could be a reasonably decent scoring role player in some capacity but he absolutely thinks he's the next Steph so yeah, he's going the way of the Jimmer.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Harlock posted:

If Kuzma was free I think most teams would take him. I dunno about Poole.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Cade is a star caliber player for sure but on the low tier end definitely not a superstar which is why he's not willing these pistons to near .500. The pistons not having enough players who can score vs the wizards is so absurd and disgusting I don't know what you can really say about him.

Jordan Poole is perfect the wizards have to let him cook all year

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Jordan Foole.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Squinky v2.0 posted:

https://i.imgur.com/1oFD0XJ.mp4

this possession ends on a Poole travel

He’s one of the best shows in the nba right now

what the gently caress

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
I’ve said it before, but Poole lobbing that oop off the glass to kuzma down 21 while the crowd rains down boos is a perfect snapshot of the 23-24 wizards and it’s amazing they got there on like the 4th day of the season.

Like, big picture it’s not even that outrageous, but it just completely captures the teams energy. The only way it could have been better is if he got denied by the rim.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Squinky v2.0 posted:

I just can't stop watching this. Do-si-do then lazily run in to opponents three times.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Squinky v2.0 posted:

I’ve said it before, but Poole lobbing that oop off the glass to kuzma down 21 while the crowd rains down boos is a perfect snapshot of the 23-24 wizards and it’s amazing they got there on like the 4th day of the season.

Like, big picture it’s not even that outrageous, but it just completely captures the teams energy. The only way it could have been better is if he got denied by the rim.

We are probably a week out from Poole stopping mid game to leave with some instagram baddie sitting court side

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The better question is how did the Pistons/Wizards win any games this season

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The better question is how did the Pistons/Wizards win any games this season

Pistons were one shot away from being 3-0 with two dominating wins out of the gate. Then injuries really started to pile up and now they clearly have a lot more than just personnel issues going on.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Poole is clearly some level of NBA player and will get an offer to keep playing for the Wizards, I just think that if it's not a max contract or some insane sweethart deal he'll reject it expecting some other team to swoop in and build a team around him, likely ending up a free agent and then getting the kind of offers that a good 6th man bench player would get.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Henchman of Santa posted:

Pistons were one shot away from being 3-0 with two dominating wins out of the gate. Then injuries really started to pile up and now they clearly have a lot more than just personnel issues going on.

Wait, the pistons' two wins were the first two games of the year? And they haven't won since? Ouch

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I swear I've seen that poole move when he was at the warriors. It hit different then but it happened before.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

pentyne posted:

Poole is clearly some level of NBA player and will get an offer to keep playing for the Wizards, I just think that if it's not a max contract or some insane sweethart deal he'll reject it expecting some other team to swoop in and build a team around him, likely ending up a free agent and then getting the kind of offers that a good 6th man bench player would get.

Poole is in year 1 of a 4 year $128,000,000 deal

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

temple posted:

I swear I've seen that poole move when he was at the warriors. It hit different then but it happened before.

Yeah I posted it above, him and Steph would run that play

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Wait, the pistons' two wins were the first two games of the year? And they haven't won since? Ouch

Second and third game of the year. They opened by coming back from down 19 to Miami and had the last shot of the game down 1.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/1729547410307760166

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Squinky v2.0 posted:

WhirlPoole

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Yeah, that’s the problem. They should have ran away from this core 2 seasons ago.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The fact that he brought it over from the warriors makes it even better

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Go jump off the Sears tower then

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

jordan poole is getting paid by the Washington Wizards to do Bits

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Gotta admit, our engagement with the Wizards is at highs not seen since the Gilbert days

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Never forget

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

Never forget

John Wall was a highlight machine but this is by far my favorite clip of john wall

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I also appreciate this one

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

Never forget

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Pray for Monty Williams. This pistons roster is the biggest tragedy of his life - and it’s not close

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

McGee walked so Poole could do si do

https://youtu.be/27-jM2NvBIc?si=0qo2NmmcA_D8srhI

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

no one hustles harder than jimmy
https://twitter.com/YahooSports/status/1729572038984294642

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Pray for Monty Williams. This pistons roster is the biggest tragedy of his life - and it’s not close

Jesus Christ

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/WBDSportsPR/status/1729561763866198133

I feel for my sport's coverage but this will be tremendous content.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Alaois posted:

jordan poole is getting paid by the Washington Wizards to do Bits

he's like a guy who joined the globetrotters but doesn't know how to play basketball

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Dexo posted:

If the NBA had said up front that the in season tournament was going to harness the combined powers of Charles Barkley and Stephen A Smith nobody would have doubted the idea

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Anytime I see a video with Charles Barkley I watch it.
And this one has Kenny to instigate, Shaq to follow up. And Stephen A Smith is there to bring his beautiful big ego and manipulative argument tactics.

I cant wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Dexo posted:

Tremendous content is an understatement, my god