Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
...yeah, that's a good point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

forkboy84 posted:

There's a reason why so many successful businesses are run by Pele who'd be classed as psychopaths

Pele catching stray bullets here

Oct 4, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

I loving love concrete.

Have you thought about moving to Plymouth?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Just Another Lurker posted:

As i have an extreme dislike of artificial strawberry "flavour" in any food :barf: i think i can relate.

Banana is another one.
And while not a fruit, I love coffee but hate coffee 'flavoured' things.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Had 30 mins to kill so I sat in on Laurence Fox being grilled in cross examination.

Legal summary: lol lmao

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

More foam bananas for me

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Necrothatcher posted:

I sat in on Laurence Fox being grilled
Was hoping for a Saint Lawrence moment for a second.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
You may have talked about it at publication, but just in case you didn’t may I recommend Babel* by R. F. Kuang to the thread?

In 1836 a Chinese scamp is told he’s a language wizard Harry and is whisked off to magic language university at Oxford. He makes other colonial friends, they suffer racist indignities, violent anti-colonial shenanigans ensue.

It is very good, very sharp and well worth your time. If you want a bibliography you’ll need the Waterstones exclusive edition, or a friendly goon willing to type it up for you (hi!).

*Its full title is Babel: Or the Necessity of Violence: An Arcane History of the Oxford Translators' Revolution, so you know it’s going to be good.

Pork Pie Hat fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Nov 28, 2023

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

OwlFancier posted:

More foam bananas for me

Lidl has got these, yes I know what they look like.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

His Divine Shadow posted:

Lidl has got these, yes I know what they look like.

They're good

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I admit I have never been a particular fan of putting chocolate on things because the chocolate is usually awful. But weird import German chocolate perhaps may be good?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mister Choc, tear down those bussy walls.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

OwlFancier posted:

I admit I have never been a particular fan of putting chocolate on things because the chocolate is usually awful. But weird import German chocolate perhaps may be good?

Banana is foul, artificial banana is fouler, and the cheap poo poo chocolate they put on foam bananas may be worse. But don't let that put you off.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

OwlFancier posted:

Lidl chocolate sucks poo poo.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

keep punching joe posted:

The Moser Roth choc at ALDI is kinda ok

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

The white chocolate is nice, :actually:

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

You are absolutely, objectively wrong on this.

All of it punches above its price point. And some of it outdoes boutique, artisinal chocolate.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Nov 28, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Necrothatcher posted:

Had 30 mins to kill so I sat in on Laurence Fox being grilled in cross examination.

Legal summary: lol lmao

Did he try to be careful with his wording or did he Twat Power through it?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

I like their basic chocolate & hazelnut bars and used to buy their chocolate covered marzipan bars at xmas but those are heading for £2 each nowadays. :eek:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Bright Bart posted:

You are absolutely, objectively wrong on this.

All of it punches above its price point. And some of it outdoes boutique, artisinal chocolate.

I think OP is right that the lowest tier LIDL stuff is kinda shitey. The rest is usually decent

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm kinda spoiled that I live not far from an actual chocolatier so I usually get some bits from there if I want anything more than a dairy milk.

They do chocolate covered marshmallows onna stick which are basically going to kill me one day.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Failed Imagineer posted:

I think OP is right that the lowest tier LIDL stuff is kinda shitey. The rest is usually decent

I use the Lidl Plus app when I shop and they give you also sorts of random coupons and electronic scratch cards with all sorts of random free stuff.
(A free useuable netting for holding fruit. Your choice of a free box of Jaffa Cakes or Oreos. A free pastry. Etc...)
I got a free 100 gram bar of the Lidl chocolate.
And it was really nice. A solid treat to have on your lunch break. Worth selling your personal data by downloading an app for.

Also when it comes to Lidl and chocolate the Lidl brand Nutella tastes the same as the branded stuff but at a quarter the price.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Tesseraction posted:

Did he try to be careful with his wording or did he Twat Power through it?

It's really more a KC digging inexorably into the point of what specific words he used mean, and what precisely his beliefs are.

e.g. He asserts that Black History month is designed to keep black people in their place and is racist. KC asks who he think it's designed by (Fox can't answer this), and why would those people want to keep black people in their place.

I just like seeing him squirm.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The Lidl Finn Carre chocolate is bad, worse even than chocolate from America.

Maybe their fancy 90% cocoa solids stuff is good, I don't eat that.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

The Lidl Finn Carre chocolate is bad, worse even than chocolate from America.

There's even a recall on some of it at the moment

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Necrothatcher posted:

It's really more a KC digging inexorably into the point of what specific words he used mean, and what precisely his beliefs are.

e.g. He asserts that Black History month is designed to keep black people in their place and is racist. KC asks who he think it's designed by (Fox can't answer this), and why would those people want to keep black people in their place.

Oh definitely but I wanted to know if he was cowed while under oath or was his usual smug self. Guessing he's watching himself given what he espoused is dumb and racist and even his dumb arse knows that he's on the hook if he says what he actually thinks.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Tesseraction posted:

Oh definitely but I wanted to know if he was cowed while under oath or was his usual smug self. Guessing he's watching himself given what he espoused is dumb and racist and even his dumb arse knows that he's on the hook if he says what he actually thinks.

Sadly I don't think it's possible to dislodge his vast level of smugness.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Necrothatcher posted:

Yeah, people like that are always going to go to pieces when they can't do their usual thing of making vague but outrageous statements, then moving straight on. He can't edit it down to a short clip where he 'wins' that can be posted on TikTok, either.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

If it weren't Fox I'd feel a little sorry for him as having your internet posts from a few years ago dissected in court with hundreds of thousands of pounds of costs and damages on the line looks like a nightmare.

That said, it is Fox, so gently caress him.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

Failed Imagineer posted:

Yeah you might be right. Because Lidl is known by some gourmands specifically for their chocolate selection. Take a pack of the assorted J. D. Gross, shugfle them with a £20 box from the hippest place in town, and see how certain you are which is which. Certainly not 100%.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Skarsnik posted:

That's the one i like. :rubby:

Guess i won't be buying that tomorrow then if it's on recall. :shrug:

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

So the Greek side was like 'The Prime Minister of Greece is an important person held in esteem the world over. Greece is an ancient country, with a population of 11 million, and is the cradle of Western Civilization. You cannot completely snub the Prime Minister of Greece in such an arrogant, utterly bullying way.'

Maybe this was a mistranslation. Maybe they meant 'You shouldn't treat the Greek head of government this way'. Because as for cannot? Sunak definitely just did.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
You can edit all you want, but I saw you wrote "slub"

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

This dude is lying. I actually wrote 'shag'.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Skarsnik posted:

Don't I know it

Microplastics posted:

Today at the office i rewarded myself for a hard day's work by taking a bar of chocolate - which i had been saving for a special occasion such as this - out of my desk drawer and omnomnomming it like a disgusting pig. Delicious. I relished it. It was exquisite.

This evening i get an email from the supermarket saying it's been recalled :mad: too loving late i've eaten your poison piece of poo poo chocolate :mad:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Does anyone know if the £250 max per flat you can be charged for works to communal parts of a block before the landlord has to serve a S20 notice includes VAT or not?
Asked our lawyer and she wasn't sure!

Makes a difference if job price has to be capped at £3800 + VAT or £4750+VAT!

(We are our own landlords but still have to serve S20 if works exceed the legal amount, we just aren't sure what the legal amount is! Everything I've found just says £250 & doesn't mention VAT either inclusive or exclusive)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Microplastics posted:

Don't I know it

Obviously you need to go to the supermarket and vomit on the floor and demand they pay you for it.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Necrothatcher posted:

If it weren't Fox I'd feel a little sorry for him as having your internet posts from a few years ago dissected in court with hundreds of thousands of pounds of costs and damages on the line looks like a nightmare.

That said, it is Fox, so gently caress him.
His argument seems to be that when people called him a racist this was a horrible baseless accusation that lost him work and ruined his life, however when he calls people pedophiles its a fun lark and nobody would think he was being serious.

Its very funny to learn just how badly he hosed his career up tho, like maybe it was you going nuts about black history month being reverse racist that got you dropped by your agent not the people on twitter who pointed out you were being a racist prick.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

If you think you're being oppressed by minorities, especially very small ones with little power, maybe you don't have the critical thinking skills or honest approach to the matter you need to determine what role you played in your own downfall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Mr Phillby posted:

His argument seems to be that when people called him a racist this was a horrible baseless accusation that lost him work and ruined his life, however when he calls people pedophiles its a fun lark and nobody would think he was being serious.

Its very funny to learn just how badly he hosed his career up tho, like maybe it was you going nuts about black history month being reverse racist that got you dropped by your agent not the people on twitter who pointed out you were being a racist prick.

But he was set to play Batman, you know? Batman! And the wokesters took it away by forcing him to call them paedophiles.