Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
The cuts to their grandma looking disappointed in the stands was great.

I don’t know why DJ isn’t fired yet. The players don’t want him gone because he’s their buddy, but the team plays with absolutely no structure or accountability. They need to fire him and bring in anyone else to see if they can turn it around before the season is totally gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

bub spank posted:

The cuts to their grandma looking disappointed in the stands was great.

I don’t know why DJ isn’t fired yet. The players don’t want him gone because he’s their buddy, but the team plays with absolutely no structure or accountability. They need to fire him and bring in anyone else to see if they can turn it around before the season is totally gone.

How sick would it be to get paid $8mil and the coach just lets you chase around the puck carrier in the defensive zone all game long? It’s cool that the boys all have fun playing under DJ but it’c clear if there is a defensive system nobody adheres to it. 5+ years and way better players and the same mistakes get made every night

Too early to fire him though, even though Woodcroft and Evason had winning records

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Too early to fire him??? He's been there four years!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Arivia posted:

Like one timers

A weak tradeoff for fighting and blood!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

N: The Sabres exposed Igor Shesterkin as a fraud

V:

https://twitter.com/ginohard_/status/1729327718884352470?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

Turns out UPL is good, actually!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

how

do you hand out misconducts

to everybody on the ice

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

N: The Sabres exposed Igor Shesterkin as a fraud

V:

https://twitter.com/ginohard_/status/1729327718884352470?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

Turns out UPL is good, actually!

Also Kakko got turbo-injured and seems like he’ll be out for a while. I’ve seen a few people throw around “season-ending” but that feels premature to me

bring on Phil Kessel

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

OldSenileGuy posted:

bring on Phil Kessel

More like Patrick Kane Round 2

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
hold your tongue bitch

wait is puljujarvi healthy yet

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

shyduck posted:

how

do you hand out misconducts

to everybody on the ice

the people who set those rules are also the people who hand out the misconducts. they have all the power. THEY CHOOSE WHAT THEY CAN DO.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
https://twitter.com/hockeyfights/status/1729350848994795649

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

That's loving disgusting and should be banned immediately.

The vertical video, I mean.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

We should be talking about this potential save of the year:

https://twitter.com/sabresplays/status/1729319953575125245?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

https://twitter.com/sabresplays/status/1729320510251471343?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

Insane. More like Ukko-Pekka Rinne Luukkonen

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1729486847884062914?s=19

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Never seen a team in a playoff spot give up so soon

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

THANK YOU JESUS

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

THANK YOU JESUS

Yeah what a relief.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Friedman too, so I guess it's happening.

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1729487009465389462

Please just don't be a nightmare contract. If he's capable of skating to like a David Perron level, he's still an improvement on our top 6. If he's not, we can LTIR it and be fine.

[ed:] Rumor it's a 1-year deal. AAV doesn't matter for this season. Honestly, it's as safe a gamble as you can get. Too bad he's a poo poo person.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Just lol that NHL's version of "The Decision" was about a washed up dude coming off hip surgery that no fans actually want on their team

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Backstrom couldn’t do it, good luck.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I think it's safe now to put to bed the idea that Yzerman ever knew what he was doing.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
it’s been a while since we’ve had a good ol-fashioned aging vet synonymous with one team sign with the Red Wings. nature is healing

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

I really had a feeling the Bruins didn't learn their lesson and was gonna throw a contract at him, whew

still doesn't mean they learned their lesson

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Cool, Wings signed a washed-up loser vet, great, super.

So did he actually do those assaults he was accused of a few years ago? I've been putting up with washed-up loser vets on the Wings forever, that's no big deal, but it would be real difficult for me to tolerate the other stuff.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

glad we signed a rapist

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

This will be what pushes them over the edge into a dumpster

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

i hope his hip gets broken first game in a wings uni

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

MJeff posted:

Cool, Wings signed a washed-up loser vet, great, super.

So did he actually do those assaults he was accused of a few years ago? I've been putting up with washed-up loser vets on the Wings forever, that's no big deal, but it would be real difficult for me to tolerate the other stuff.

He did beat up a cab driver over some change. Apparently there was some complication that people use to justify the beating like the cabbie not being properly licensed or something, idk, I forget the details.

The sexual assault allegations and saga were all over the news but iirc the woman’s mother tampered with the evidence which caused her lawyer to quit and that was the end of it. It never went to court or even ended in a settlement. I think other women also alleged that he assaulted them, but nobody else tried to press charges afaik.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011
Why bother if you are the Wings? This is kind of a bubble season for them and they are cruising right now. Why throw a big ole distraction into the works?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1729184988716019991

scary!

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

First stride speed American goalscorers from the Central division have always thrived in Detroit.

Please bench him at 1,199 games.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
The Sharks earned 1 point in their first 11 games. Then they earned 11 points in their next 11 games. If that exponential pace continues, they will finish the season with 10.8 million points.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
you know I complained a lot about Matthew Tkachuk, and I thought he wasn't that great. I am willing to admit I was wrong and holy poo poo do I miss entertaining hockey from a team I like.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Didn't realize the Tkachuk bowl was a good game. Looked like the Panthers just slaughtered the Senators to me. But then I looked at the boxscore and it looks like Matt fought half the Sens line up and like 10 guys got thrown out of the game?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mennoknight posted:

you know I complained a lot about Matthew Tkachuk, and I thought he wasn't that great. I am willing to admit I was wrong and holy poo poo do I miss entertaining hockey from a team I like.

Enjoy Jonathon Huberdeau being on the Flames cause I do!!!

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Eric the Mauve posted:

I think it's safe now to put to bed the idea that Yzerman ever knew what he was doing.

It was safe when he made Ben Chiarot the highest-paid defenseman on the team.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

mennoknight posted:

I poo poo posted something along the lines of Tkachuk would be lucky to hit 100 without Gaudreau and probably won't even be a PPG player... Apparently I got that backwards.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Kane signing with Detroit is some weird vibes

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
gently caress gambling but Kane anytime goal against the Rangers tomorrow night feels like easy money. If he plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Go cats