Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Truly hosed up that somebody would be forced to curl while sober

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/AbbyNews/status...ingawful.com%2F

when you PIT manoeuvre a giant tractor lol

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Admittedly, it's been a problem since 1873.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

quote:

When Global News went to the Shokers’ home, a woman who identified herself as his wife said Bill Shoker was participating in the “STOP SOGI 123” protest that was a scheduled “Road Rally” starting in Chilliwack and ending in Vancouver.

Manjit Shoker said Bill has been involved in many anti-SOGI rallies in the region.

“He is OK, but he is having surgery either today or Monday,” Manjit said. “I think they are saying his backbone is broken or something like that. I do not know when he will return home. There are still tests they are doing.”

Majit said the incident was scary for her, and she does not know how or why the police chase began or why Shoker chose to drive a tractor.

SOGI 123 is a resource package designed to help teachers and school administrators reduce discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity (SOGI) in their curriculum.

Manjit could not comment on the possibility of Bill being charged.

Global News obtained a video taken from inside the tractor taken by Bill, while he was driving on Highway 1 between Chilliwack and Abbotsford.

“We are just leaving the district of Chilliwack and going to be approaching the district of Abbotsford, B.C., in about 20 minutes,” he said in the video. “I would like all the parents watching this … if you love your children, please support this cause before it is too late. Thank you.”

Truly, Bill Shoker's motivations were a mystery.

ElehemEare
May 20, 2001
I am an omnipotent penguin.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Truly hosed up that somebody would be forced to curl while sober

They’re not monsters, they gave they Women a separate bar on the ground floor (which is also the kitchen, lmao)

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
He drove a tractor because it was cool

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Another Bill posted:

What are the odds this guy has no kids?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6827930514930912517

:slick:

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer
Hahah, my company sells stuff to this guy. What a Chud poo poo bag

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Another Bill posted:

The wife must be legally blind to miss that giant tractor all dressed up like that

Always impressive how quickly chuds disavow all knowledge and understanding of one of their own the minute they gently caress around and find out.

'Married? Yeah, technically. Never seen that tractor a day in my life' *stares vacantly across farm*

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Isizzlehorn posted:

The wife must be legally blind to miss that giant tractor all dressed up like that

Always impressive how quickly chuds disavow all knowledge and understanding of one of their own the minute they gently caress around and find out.

'Married? Yeah, technically. Never seen that tractor a day in my life' *stares vacantly across farm*

she might also be deeply embarrassed of him or in denial. i know a normal typical centrist type guy who was dating a woman that went full chud and it's pretty breathtaking how much he went in denial about it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Another Bill posted:

she’s not saying she doesn’t know why he went to the rally, she’s saying she doesn’t know why the car chase started. which is fair, if she stayed at home she doesn’t know about what happened at the rally directly.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

62,000 to 6,000,000 feral hogs

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Usually the police would handle these guys with kids gloves, wonder what was different about this guy...

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Fried Watermelon posted:

Usually the police would handle these guys with kids gloves, wonder what was different about this guy...

I can't white put my finger on it...

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

is that an indian farmers protest flag on the tractor

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Durf posted:

is that an indian farmers protest flag on the tractor

Dude probably caught the protesting bug in the summer and has been chasing the dragon ever since

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
Not sure why a farmer (I assume because tractor) lining up with Indian farmers would be weird. There was not a clear cut political divide on that protest. There's a big tent of beliefs that supported the Indian farmers protest: Pro-Farmer, Pro-Labour, labour solidarity, both pro and anti regulated market, anti-Modi, anti-india, pro-india, various religious and regional Indian political issues, people using it as a less confrontational proxy for domestic farming issues, some rural identity stuff because of the farming connection, and all sorts of other fun stuff.

On top of that, I don't know this guy's background but his wife's name is Indian, so has personal connections.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

T.C. posted:

Not sure why a farmer (I assume because tractor) lining up with Indian farmers would be weird. There was not a clear cut political divide on that protest. There's a big tent of beliefs that supported the Indian farmers protest: Pro-Farmer, Pro-Labour, labour solidarity, both pro and anti regulated market, anti-Modi, anti-india, pro-india, various religious and regional Indian political issues, people using it as a less confrontational proxy for domestic farming issues, some rural identity stuff because of the farming connection, and all sorts of other fun stuff.

On top of that, I don't know this guy's background but his wife's name is Indian, so has personal connections.

looks indian

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

T.C. posted:

I admit I'm ignorant on the issue but was reading around after I saw people online suggest he was aligned with the Khalistan movement

which as far as I can tell was used in india to paint people with legitimate labour grievances as extremists or terrorists.

but in this case it's a dude aligning with fraser valley Qanon types?

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

The planned anti-sogi rally that we disrupted has a LOT of people of colour including some Sikh people. So even if the wider Sikh community appears to be rallying with the Khalistan movement there are definitely some people who are also a part of the anti lgbtq movement too.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Seems complicated, can we just categorize everything as either left/right or extremist/pragmatic?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

whatever the penalty for being a fascist is, it's not a broken back and I hope the moron is ok and decides not to be a fascist anymore

also these dipshits boosting their numbers by recruiting people they absolutely do not like is a bizarre phenomenon

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Durf posted:

but in this case it's a dude aligning with fraser valley Qanon types?
also poorly aligned with an RCMP squad car

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

flakeloaf posted:

whatever the penalty for being a fascist is, it's not a broken back and I hope the moron is ok and decides not to be a fascist anymore

Didn't realize the cop got hurt too :ohdear:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
ridiculous canadian lounge pants acquired for this years winter

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

ElehemEare posted:

Buddy of mine made a joke about how our curling club is adopting a new charter making all pronouns gender neutral, and it’s funny that it’s managing to be more progressive than a lot of dumbasses protesting this poo poo — they only started letting women into the bar upstairs in the 90s.

then they came for the ashtrays on the sheet and now this

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

flakeloaf posted:

also these dipshits boosting their numbers by recruiting people they absolutely do not like is a bizarre phenomenon

actually it is, gently caress em

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

mediaphage posted:

ridiculous canadian lounge pants acquired for this years winter

how'd you get out of your cage?

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

actually it is, gently caress em

how could you say such a mean thing about this brave patriot who was protesting for his rights to make children suffer and have them tortured!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Bilirubin posted:

how'd you get out of your cage?

opposable thumbs are plumb useful

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
We have reached peak Jesse Brown:

https://www.canadaland.com/podcast/is-jesse-a-zionist-editorial/

quote:

Canadaland publisher Jesse Brown has been asked to stop talking about antisemitism.

He’s also been asked whether he will denounce Israel, or if he is in fact a Zionist.

In this opinion piece, Jesse tries to clear things up once and for all.

TL; DR: Jesse admits his uncritical reiteration of IDF propaganda has resulted in a bunch of people canceling their Canadaland subscription. In response, Jesse points out that anti-Semitic events have occurred in Canada since Oct 7th, and so believes that Canadian Jews are being unfairly held responsible for Israel's actions. All of which amounts to a tacit acknowledgement of his actual Zionist sentiment (since he fails to engage with the question directly at any point).

Possibly one of the most embarrassing things he's ever published.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
it's pretty clear at this point that you can be as antisemetic as you like, so long as you aren't critical of israel it doesn't matter to anyone in power.

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011
What were his opinions about the entirety of parliament giving a standing ovation to an SS officer?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

it's complicated and possibly putinist propaganda clearly

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

A hosed up podcast maker? Well there's something you don't see every da- or, wait, actually

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
canadaland is definitely good in spite of jesse.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

every podcast sucks but especially canadaland

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

listen to sandy and nora instead of stinky jessie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i listened to it too; a few thoughts and I'll even try to be nice but it's not easy

he says he does not believe the vast majority of anti-Zionists are anti-semitic but likens anti-Zionists to children with playing with matches who have no understanding of history. this is pretty insulting tbh, as if the dangers of blowback (and the way Zionists weaponize it) hasn't been discussed at length amongst anti-Zionists

second, he says (or implies, I forget) that being forced to openly state his stance on the Zionist cause is anti-semitic. i think he's right that loyalty oaths have long been a way to marginalize and oppress minorities, including Jews. however, he does not acknowledge that the same has been frequently asked of pro-Palestine supporters with respect to Hamas. this has happened many times by people interviewed by the media, which is supposed to be his entire raison d'etre! (I don't think this is whataboutism in this case either, it's pretty relevant)

lastly, he ends by stating he's been called a self-hating Jew by Ezra Levant and a Zionist by anti-Zionists (which proves what, exactly?) and instead he deflects by stating we should think about the type of Jew that annoys us the most (!!!!) because he's "that kind of Jew". yikes.

the entire thing comes off as pretty arrogant and insulting to his critics