Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
You used to have to clear voting gauntlet with a unit of each color and colorless one, two, and three times, I think it's only once or twice now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
Yeah, you’re right. I guess I don’t really remember when they made the change because I only ever cared about the divine codes anyway.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

You used to have to clear voting gauntlet with a unit of each color and colorless one, two, and three times, I think it's only once or twice now

I noticed that too. Definitely used to be 3 and now it's 2. I had a much easier time completing them this time.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

It was like this last month too. I think that's when it started.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
shoutout to the goon? that keeps giving me their fully kit out Oliver

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

BlazeEmblem posted:

It was like this last month too. I think that's when it started.
Correct. Last month's VG was when they changed it so you'd get the 100 flags for each third battle with units of each color to now be part of the second battle's rewards.

Before you ask, no, there was no notification or message that this change got implemented. It just got unceremoniously dropped on us.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Well, cool. I got my wish for Young Marth! They just gave him his normal Rapier++ and the refine effects are neat. I'll consider slotting him back into my Arena team.

For Altena, man I lost the Hall of Forms Lottery big time on that one. I got her Atk/Def Unity and Quick Riposte 4, both of which are made redundant by her refine. :downs: I thought for sure she'd get guard on her refine! So I dug through my manuals and gave her the Atk/Def Stance 3 and Guard Bearing. That should do nicely.

I don't know what to do with Flame Emperor now. She gets guaranteed follow-up, which obviates most of the Fighter skills. Special Fighter would be an obvious choice. My instinct also says she doesn't particularly want to be a Save armor? With that refine, she looks more like she wants Armor Stride or that "Charge" armor skill, get right up in the enemy's grill and start throwing that axe around. I have some Armor Stride thanks to the last Double Special banner. Stupid Valentine Hana would not leave me alone.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Armor Stride is pretty bad as a movement skill because, like Armor March, you're at the whims of the starting layout for whether you can use it turn 1, but unlike Armor March, starting on a solo tile is way, way, way rarer than starting next to each other.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Pureauthor posted:

Armor Stride is pretty bad as a movement skill because, like Armor March, you're at the whims of the starting layout for whether you can use it turn 1, but unlike Armor March, starting on a solo tile is way, way, way rarer than starting next to each other.

You are correct, but I don't have that armor "Charge" skill going spare, so for now I made do with Stride.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

That particular skill is usable by infantry too, just fyi. It always tends to throw me off whenever it comes up, because yeah, it feels like it should be armor only.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

i miss the days of hoarding Armor March units for fodder because I loved me some omniphase tank teams

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Welp guess we have our Arcane Dagger now.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Yeah I would not have pegged this lady as a dagger user. She doesn't look like a dagger user.

She also doesn't look like a cav while we're at it.

FEH is weird.

I'm guessing we'll be getting her on whatever new heroes banner happens after the TT is over. "New Heroes and Void Lady" or whatever.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
Just got around to the Veyle MHB and I think that was the easiest abyssal in a while. Just threw Brave Corrin out there without trying and she tanked it all.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Young Marth is a bonus unit in Arena this week and holy poo poo mine is just destroying everything. You love to see it!

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status/1724985659243274743

FE7 banner
Ginnungagap, Isadora, Harken, and Attuned Nino. Isadora and Harken are 5 star only, but Wil gets added directly into the 3/4 star pool.

Far more importantly though:
https://twitter.com/Pheonixmaster1/status/1724989685275967514

Fargus is drawn by Ippei.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Wait, DAGGER Nino???

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

she's in the GBA assassin outfit, yeah. i think she even has jaffar's cape on

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
wtf Chelsea from Dead Meat voiced a fire emblem character now?!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

just wanted to share my first summon ring on this banner

(first and only lol)

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I got an Astrid (my third one overall) and a Wil.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
I got jack loving poo poo and don't even know who to spark, the dagger horse or Nino

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

I got jack loving poo poo and don't even know who to spark, the dagger horse or Nino

Newskillthing Nino seems way better imo, unless your fav is a dagger who really needs a new weapon.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

valuum posted:

Newskillthing Nino seems way better imo, unless your fav is a dagger who really needs a new weapon.

They're both p good but Nino does seem more busted

I've already un-rearmed Ginnungagap to give Lynja Lethality and Fatal Smoke 4

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Yeah I guess I'll get cold belly girl since the arcane dagger will probably show up on other banners

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Genuinely had a bit of a jump scare when Lloyd's washed out, pasty rear end showed up in forging bonds.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Cattail Prophet posted:

Genuinely had a bit of a jump scare when Lloyd's washed out, pasty rear end showed up in forging bonds.

Same but Rebecca and her ugly-rear end face.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

Cattail Prophet posted:

Same, I thought it was supposed to be his ghost.

Got myself a Nino, but Guinan was the target and I had to spark for her. Felt like a required pull for my Kronya to be maxed out, but I could inherit everything so it was a good option. Guinan with BRobin buff hands out lethalities, so she’s a nice unit too.

Nino’s X skill might be nice for the DR on Kronya but I’ll probably keep holding on to those for now.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Three hopes and Engage are on sale. The former is a musou and the latter is a "normal" SRPG right? Is either worth getting?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Three hopes and Engage are on sale. The former is a musou and the latter is a "normal" SRPG right? Is either worth getting?

Yes, yes, and yes!

Three Hopes is fun and a great "alternate universe" sort of retelling of Three Houses. Engage is exactly what you've been waiting for if you've wished the series would dial back on the dating sim aspects and just concentrate on the SRPG part. At which it excels.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Ok you've convinced me

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
What's the best value special to give to fallen chrom so you can inherit it along with arcane devourer and maybe attack speed clash 4? Ruptured sky? I was hoping for vital astra but I guess horses can't learn that

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

What's the best value special to give to fallen chrom so you can inherit it along with arcane devourer and maybe attack speed clash 4? Ruptured sky? I was hoping for vital astra but I guess horses can't learn that

Probably Ruptured Sky. IS seems to be adding more movement type specific specials though so who knows, maybe cavs will get something similar to Armored Floe/Vita Astra in the future.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Z6SqP3ZeY

It's only been a month since the end of the book, and we can already make a full Seidr emblem.

quote:

Incipit Kvasir (cav red tome):
Slaying
+5 Stats
Penalty on Foe's SPD/RES= 15% of Kvasir's speed
NFU
+1 cooldown on hit
Panic smoke 3
If first combat that turn, 70% DR on first hit

Light is Time (5 charge special):
boost damage by 60% ATK
offensive tempo
If unit initiates and special triggers and Kvsair survives then
EITHER Grants another action to ally within two spaces with highest HP (restrict movement to 1 if ally is ranged)
OR if no allies within two spaces or allies have tied HP then grants "allies within 4 spaces can move adjacent to unit" to Kvasir

ATK/SPD Catch 4

Lull SPD/RES 4

Incite ATK/SPD: basically rouse ATK/SPD + omni-clash as a visible buff

quote:

Quietus Gullveig (cav colorless tome):
Slaying
+5 Stats
+ATK/SPD = 15% of gullveig's SPD
NFU
If unit initiates 70% DR on first hit + heal 7HP after combat + self-refresh (cannot activate two turns in a row) + self-gravity

Time is Light(3 charge special):
boost damage by 45% SPD
offensive tempo
self-refresh + self-gravity

Flared Sparrow

Occultist's Strike: Basically Poison Strike 4 but for mages only

DEF/RES Smoke 3

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Thank you for translating that word vomit. I was going cross-eyed!

As for the VG, they have Emo Hair lady (Eitr, that's her name) paired with Freya. That's interesting. Did it actually come up in the TT that she's young Freya? I honestly don't remember.

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Nov 28, 2023

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
It explicitly came up in the conclusion of the last TT; head to the event viewer and review Nihility and Dream 5

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Pretty insane banner, I think the only duds are Caeda and Guinevere

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pretty insane banner, I think the only duds are Caeda and Guinevere

annoyed Guinevere is there, obviously I'm gonna pull her three times gunning for Gullveig

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I think I remember something about Eitr and Freya now that you mention it, yeah.

Also I might be able to spare a spark on one of the current banners. If you could choose ONE of the following, which would you pick to burn a spark on?

Arcane Dagger and Attuned Nino
Double Special Banner
Legendary/Mythic Banner with Gullveig and and Friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Unless you want Ginny or new Nino's echo skill for something specific the best value is probably the mythic banner.

Though if you sit until we get a calendar at minimum, there's a possibility it's availability will overlap with December seasonals or the new book banner, so you can shunt the decision down to when there might be stuff you're actually excited for