Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Jack Trades posted:

For example nurses are not legally allowed to strike which is why their working conditions are completely hosed and why something like 30-35% of them currently work outside of their profession.
It's been decided that we're allowed to exploit them.

Isn't it like in Norway where they technically can have a limited strike until the government steps in and sends it to a National Wage Board (Lønnsnemnd) where they always favour the employer? Especially when the employer is the government. At least that's what happens every time nurses or teachers try to go on strike here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Mail workers refusing to deliver mail to Elon is not a threat to society, refusing to deliver any mail would be a different matter.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Anders posted:

Isn't it like in Norway where they technically can have a limited strike until the government steps in and sends it to a National Wage Board (Lønnsnemnd) where they always favour the employer? Especially when the employer is the government. At least that's what happens every time nurses or teachers try to go on strike here

Yeah, that's more or less how it works in Denmark at least, and it sucked last time they did the limited strikes.

I really wish the unions for samfundskritiske jobs would just ally with the trash collectors, so the actual work stoppage was in trash collection, but paid for by the nurses. Trash collection strikes kick are awesome.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

BonHair posted:

Yeah, that's more or less how it works in Denmark at least, and it sucked last time they did the limited strikes.

I really wish the unions for samfundskritiske jobs would just ally with the trash collectors, so the actual work stoppage was in trash collection, but paid for by the nurses. Trash collection strikes kick are awesome.

That would be hilarious. And effective :sun:

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

I agree - we should just start to say "gently caress the lønnsnemd" and keep on striking. It's useless when it always favours the employers no matter how unreasonable their offering is

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

It's never gonna happen but it would be nice.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Jack Trades posted:

It's never gonna happen but it would be nice.

We're probably getting another conservative government here next year, and depending on how fast they're loving up poo poo this time I wouldn't rule out a general strike in the next decade

I wouldn't bet on it either though

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
The thing I hate the most about this Mosk deal is this guy is taking up space in my head.

https://x.com/nicklasnilsso14/status/1729090172409499690

What kind of weird Swede is an Elon Musk super fan?

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Dirk Pitt posted:

The thing I hate the most about this Mosk deal is this guy is taking up space in my head.

The Extremely Online and or very very dumb ones. We have plenty of both, as shown by SD all day every day.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Dirk Pitt posted:

Scratch a Tesla and a nouveau riche bleeds.

His userpic is giving Conrad Poohs and His Dancing Teeth

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The Institute for Human Rights released a new report detailing immigrant experiences with racism in Denmark and it's even worse than one would expect. Numbers are from the past year.

https://menneskeret.dk/udgivelser/oplevet-etnisk-diskrimination-danmark

quote:

Key figures from the report:
  • 84% of ethnic minority persons report that they've experienced discrimination or prejudice due to their ethnic background.
  • 65% report that they've experienced illegal discrimination due to their ethnic background.
  • 48% of those who've sent an application report that they've experienced having it rejected based on their ethnic background, particularly as it pertains to jobs, training, homes and banking.
  • 49% report that they've received worse service due to their ethnic background, particularly as it pertains to shopping, dining, healthcare and education.
  • 28% report that they've been denied entry to places otherwise open to the public due to their ethnic background, particularly as it pertains to nightlife.
  • 29% report that they've been stopped by police without any apparent cause other than their ethnic background.
  • 12% report that they've been subjected to violence or threats due to their ethnic background. Victims of violence report that bystanders rarely intervene.
  • 11% of victims of discrimination report that they've lodged a complaint afterwards, particularly because many don't believe it will make a difference.
  • 55% report that they've altered their conduct in public due to their ethnic background. Many adapt how they walk, speak or appear, or refrain from speaking their family's native language in public. Some report that they've changed their names or refrain from wearing religious symbols.
  • 38% report to some, high or very high degree that they've considered leaving Denmark due to their experiences with discrimination or prejudice.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Dirk Pitt posted:

20% of Swedes vote for a party founded by legit neo -nazis, swaztikas and all

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

SplitSoul posted:

The Institute for Human Rights released a new report detailing immigrant experiences with racism in Denmark and it's even worse than one would expect. Numbers are from the past year.

https://menneskeret.dk/udgivelser/oplevet-etnisk-diskrimination-danmark

Or how this will be covered in Danish press: "Ungrateful immigrants blame racism for all their problems"

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Anders posted:

Or how this will be covered in Danish press: "Ungrateful immigrants blame racism for all their problems"
And in the right wing press, "We need to pump that last number up"

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

A Buttery Pastry posted:

And in the right wing press, "We need to pump that last number up"

"Innvandringsregulerende tiltak"

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Anders posted:

"Innvandringsregulerende tiltak"
It would be "udvandringsregulerende tiltag" in this case.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

DR is trying to delegitimize a professor of Middle Eastern studies under the guise of "editorial responsibility", obviously their coverage isn't sufficiently slanted in favor of Israel.

https://www.dr.dk/etik-og-rettelser/brugernes-redaktoer/klummen/dr-boer-deklarere-mellemoestforskeren-sune-haugboelles

His response:

https://www.facebook.com/sune.haugbolle/posts/pfbid02W1Xu6SF5QEXYaJaHpV1V5H3pZ8dRXNwkpaJT5QHBV6mFzHaDhsQyNQsXQLsVnXiil

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Eurovision 2024 tickets on sale tomorrow for Malmø.

Seriously thinking of going

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Rust Martialis posted:

Eurovision 2024 tickets on sale tomorrow for Malmø.

Seriously thinking of going

finland got robbed by the corrupt and rigged jury, boycott eurovision 2024 imo

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Eurovision is so expensive I hope Norway doesn't win every year

I had my shows cancelled by Alexander Rybak

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Voting for Israel to stick them with the bill

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

BonHair posted:

America will just foot half the bill

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

I'm thinking of renting out my apartment during Eurovision. Apparently people are willing to pay stupid amounts of money for lodging since every hotel, motel and hostel is gonna be fully booked.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Anders posted:

The darkly hilarious thing is that hospitals during strikes operates at the level it does during the summer vacation. So it's a danger to health and safety when people are striking but not when they're on vacation.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

teen witch posted:

America will just foot half the bill

BonHair posted:

LMAO goddamn

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Up to 17000th in ticket queue

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Haha no thanks

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
LoL I paid less for my Springsteen tickets for next year.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Rust Martialis posted:

Haha no thanks

:argh: Invandrare!!!!!1

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Potrzebie posted:

:argh: Invandrare!!!!!1

And a poor one at that! Can't afford extortion prices. Will probably mooch off the Swedish taxpayers by watching it on television like some kind of leech

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Ticketmaster can go gently caress a duck. First, they removed physical ticket sales, then they allowed one individual to buy 8(!!!) tickets, so naturally Blocket is plastered with Springsteen tickets for 2x or 3x the original price.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
They have automatically scaled pricing based on website demand before, so if scalpers drive up the rush around ticket releases that directly benefits them.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Capitalism: When astroturfing is the name of the game!

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0LcLasCQAa/

Jimmie literally throwing up a Nazi salute. Cool.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

Woebin posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0LcLasCQAa/

Jimmie literally throwing up a Nazi salute. Cool.

Well yeah, he's the leader of a literal Nazi Party, what did you expect?

God i hate this country for allowing this dipshit in any type of power.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.arbetsvarlden.se/regeringen-vill-se-strejkratten-inskrankt/

Wow, what a surprise.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Koorisch posted:

I didn't expect 20% of Swedes to vote for the Nazis though. At least Fremskrittspartiet started as libertarians who "only" supported apartheid

Super bad, but not literally Nazis

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Koorisch posted:

I mean yeah, I know they're Nazis and always have been. I just also know that they've been trying to rehabilitate their image and claiming (obviously falsely) to have zero tolerance for this stuff in the party.

In other words: I knew he was a Nazi, I just didn't expect him to be quite so obvious about it (not that it wasn't obvious to anyone with two brain cells already, but you know what I mean).

Guess it's time to start illegally going on strike.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Maybe someone should remind borgare that striking is the nicer, more civilized, alternative to what actually would have been :guillotine: instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

Maybe someone should remind borgare that striking is the nicer, more civilized, alternative to what actually would have been :guillotine: instead.

:hmmyes: