Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

reminds me of that old jewish joke. what's the difference between an antisemite and a philosemite? they both hate you, but atleast the antisemite is honest about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

zerocool redder

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

musk should marry the libsoftiktok lady

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
also it's insane that her photo is still that USA today story, the interview is incredibly damning. qanon anonymous did an episode with the reporter and it's a good listen.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

yes elon crush all of your posting enemies!!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1729350478465523720?t=XaJG2TldpUxp_kvbZLK28g&s=19

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

shyduck posted:

yes elon crush all of your posting enemies!!

How do you think Ian Miles Cheong got rid of his ants?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

"Soros was ratioed by a rando"

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

you cannot prove the ant thing

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

zerocool redder

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1729366283370512685?t=C8uRRns-FouoxYsDb1vyrg&s=19

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Imagining a world where musk directly calls zuck a pedophile and gets the poo poo beaten out of him in the coliseum

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Yes Elon, if the internet has proven anything it is that people care about accuracy in the information they consume

This plan is flawless

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Is Elon trying to say the company he bought for 44 billion is not a Big Brand

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
X is a plucky little startup

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

well it used to be but then he blew up all that branding to call it X The Everything App which is not a brand it's a command: click on the X to quit

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Sir Tonk posted:

musk should marry the libsoftiktok lady

*three children of various ages suddenly appear*

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1729512960937042038
"pizzagate is real" will make the advertisers come back

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Community notes revealing the truth of the matter regarding a social media account called 'Dead Spin' definitely makes it feel like the community have spent their time wisely.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

You can scroll the replies for half an hour without finding a single opposing voice, its hundreds and hundreds of blue checks agreeing and cheering on Elon

I suppose thats exactly what he wanted when he spent 44 billion on his favorite website

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I like the blue checks that hide their check but they still filter with the blues so hiding the check does nothing

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
"this thing here is the collective mind of humanity. and look how they love me and how they all agree with me"

"its just like mama said: humanity loves Elon"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1729519796478251470?t=iIbCyHwesyiwmGRz1u-KPQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1729520459371155814?t=DfxYEve0P_AqWAO4_qSSag&s=19

The loveliest echoes

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Lol, he really, actually went full qanon.

I thought the Nazi side was inevitable, because billionaires and Nazis are always pals, but I didn't foresee this

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

nobody talks about woke irl

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I can only learn history through plaques affixed to pieces of stone in a single building

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

ikanreed posted:

Lol, he really, actually went full qanon.

I thought the Nazi side was inevitable, because billionaires and Nazis are always pals, but I didn't foresee this

i did

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

shyduck posted:

Yes they do and they run for state school board

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

shyduck posted:

my boomer dad does because they won't shut the gently caress up about it on the news

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Same. All I needed to do was think, "What is the dumbest possible thing that could occur?"

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

alright I stand corrected normal people don't talk about woke

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

and thankfully all the M4L assholes got shithoused in our recent county elections

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Spergin Morlock posted:

starting to see snippets of CSS showing up in clear text lmao

Same. Also about 25% of the time I get the previous twitter link I clicked on, even if that tab was closed.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Lmao and people want to develop AI, can't even get a stupid BBS site working right.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Nice job getting mad at something that happened back in 2021.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Malloc Voidstar posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1729512960937042038
"pizzagate is real" will make the advertisers come back

Possibly the best part of this is that there is an author by the same name who wrote about Pizzagate in a book on conspiracy theories. Elon (or more likely, the person who actually made this stupid meme) got him confused with the ABC guy.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i envy the nordic unions every day god drat

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1729513051852886120

full article:

quote:

Union chief warns of Tesla threat to Sweden’s model
Marie Nilsson says joint decisions by employers and unions are at the heart of country’s prosperity

Tesla’s refusal to sign a collective agreement in Sweden risks undermining the long-term future of the Swedish model that has underpinned decades of economic success in the Scandinavian country, according to the union leader taking on Elon Musk’s carmaker.

Marie Nilsson, the head of the IF Metall union behind the strike against Tesla, told the Financial Times that the famed Swedish model — developed in the 1930s — was at the heart of the country’s prosperity, with employers and unions taking joint decisions on the labour market.

“If you look at this in a long-term perspective, it could be a threat to the Swedish model. It’s really important for us,” she added.

The dispute between Tesla and Swedish unions has escalated in recent days. What started last month with about 130 mechanics in Sweden going on strike after years of trying to make Tesla accept collective bargaining, spread to postal workers, dockers, and cleaners taking action against the carmaker.

Postal workers’ refusal to deliver registration plates for new Tesla cars led the US carmaker to file twin lawsuits against the Swedish state and postal service on Monday asking judges to allow it to collect the licence plates directly from the Swedish Transport Agency. Musk, Tesla’s chief executive, had called the postal workers’ actions “insane” on Friday.

Tesla scored an initial victory when it won an interim judgment on Monday forcing the state to allow the carmaker to collect the registration plates for its new cars directly from the agency. 

However, in its separate case against the national postal service, the carmaker suffered a setback on Tuesday when a separate Swedish court ruled that it could not gain immediate access to any registration plates held by PostNord. The postal company will have three days to respond to Tesla’s arguments before the court makes a decision.

The so-called Swedish model was developed in 1938 between unions and employers, and means that labour market conditions in Sweden including wages are set by the two parties and not the government. Both union and corporate leaders credit the system with a low level of strikes and believe it is crucial for the success of Sweden, a country of 10mn people and home to manufacturers such as Volvo Cars, Atlas Copco and Northvolt.

Nilsson said one big threat to the Swedish model was a new EU directive on the minimum wage, which would impose a level rather than leaving it to an agreement between employers and unions. Sweden won a derogation that the directive would not apply to countries where more than 80 per cent of the workforce is covered by collective agreements.

In Sweden, one of the most highly unionised countries in Europe, about 90 per cent of workers are covered by such deals.

“If Tesla shows it’s possible to operate in Sweden without a collective agreement, then other companies could be tempted to do the same. We have a successful model in Sweden. We have tried to explain it. It’s very seldom this type of conflict arises,” Nilsson added.

Union leaders say they have enough funds to support the striking workers — who currently receive about 130 per cent of their pay from unions to cover holidays and pensions as well — for decades as the emergency fund used for payments is rarely tapped. “We can carry on for a long, long time,” said Nilsson.

Tesla did not respond to a request for comment.

Wraith of J.O.I. has issued a correction as of 18:19 on Nov 28, 2023

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

Precambrian Video Games posted:

How do you think Ian Miles Cheong got rid of his ants?

cinnamon, he's just covered in it now

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
no wait i think cinnamon just messes up the like pheromone trails that ants leave behind and they follow the cinnamon instead so if he covered himself in it he'd be even more of an ant man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
laughing at Woke. not scared at all