Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kids should only have phones to post to Awful App

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Staluigi posted:

Yeah and if a student whipped out a 90s rear end camcorder and got on with filming their class without permission that would be extra weird and not ok and petty much any teacher would have stopped it even decades ago, with abundantly reasonable cause. it didn't change the privacy issue because the cameras became smaller and rectangular shaped

Kids used cameras during breaks all the time during school. Nobody is advocating for the use of phones or cameras during instruction.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Kids should only have phones to post to Awful App

:justpost:

Eletriarnation
Apr 6, 2005

People don't appreciate the substance of things...
objects in space.

Oven Wrangler

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I've already provided my own personal examples of why this doesn't work.

Yes, I read all your posts on this topic. I would characterize them as coming less from a place of "this doesn't work" and more "I don't like this", but if I try to find things that fit in the first position I have (bolding mine):

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I already posted what a sensible policy was, I'm not doing it again. Also y'all are putting lots of words in my mouth that I didn't argue. What I will say is that banning phones will just lead to the ban being ignored by students and parents, so having rules and enforcing them while allowing students to have access to their devices outside of class time seems more than reasonable.

So, this is basically just "you can't do this because people won't do it". To which I say first, it sounds like we haven't tried and don't know yet, and second, it would be pretty straightforward to make the penalty for bringing phones to school untenable for most offenders. Brought your phone? Cool, we're gonna take it from you and either your parent can come pick it up themselves or we will mail it back to you at the start of next week.

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Meanwhile, kids are going to have and use phones in the real world, and schools need to get their poo poo together to actually solve the problem with reasonable rules and enforcement of those rules instead of trying to wish it didn't exist and force everyone else to do the same.

As for my situation, my kid has had to call me almost a dozen times this year due to a missed bus, just no bus at all, or with info on someone else that lives near us needing transportation as well due to no bus or missing a bus. This is all after extracurriculars as well so nobody is in the office to let her use a phone. Even if the school had a policy to not bring a phone she would absolutely bring her phone, and the school can get hosed because they don't need to know or care if she isn't using it inappropriately. That doesn't mean I want her playing on her phone in class time or using it in other inappropriate ways.

The skills that kids will need to use with phones in the real world can largely picked up outside of school, but to the extent school needs to teach them it could be done with on-site school devices instead of using the students' own phones. It would probably be easier to teach things using devices that meet a common standard anyway, instead of whatever the student happens to walk in the door holding.

The second issue is actually a problem with the buses, not with phones, and if that's resolved the phone is unnecessary. If the students didn't have phones, it would be possible to change the policy so that a staff member would remain on site until they were picked up following extracurriculars (which was normal when I was a kid, and seems superior from a legal liability standpoint regardless) or at the very least a land line could be added in a spot that doesn't need a staff member to access (also formerly normal, and not expensive).

Eletriarnation fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Nov 28, 2023

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Man your reading comprehension is garbage.

Bans will not result in a better outcome, so do tell what your solution is.

Do you have evidence for this besides just saying it over and over?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Eletriarnation posted:

Yes, I read all your posts on this topic. I would characterize them as coming less from a place of "this doesn't work" and more "I don't like this", but if I try to find things that fit in the first position I have (bolding mine):

So, this is basically just "you can't do this because people won't do it". To which I say first, it sounds like we haven't tried and don't know yet, and second, it would be pretty straightforward to make the penalty for bringing phones to school untenable for most offenders. Brought your phone? Cool, we're gonna take it from you and either your parent can come pick it up themselves or we will mail it back to you at the start of next week.

The skills that kids will need to use with phones in the real world can largely picked up outside of school, but to the extent school needs to teach them it could be done with on-site school devices instead of using the students' own phones. It would probably be easier to teach things using devices that meet a common standard anyway, instead of whatever the student happens to walk in the door holding.

The second issue is actually a problem with the buses, not with phones, and if that's resolved the phone is unnecessary. If the students didn't have phones, it would be possible to change the policy so that a staff member would remain on site until they were picked up following extracurriculars (which was normal when I was a kid, and seems superior from a legal liability standpoint regardless) or at the very least a land line could be added in a spot that doesn't need a staff member to access (also formerly normal, and not expensive).

Lol at " if only they paid a teacher or bus driver to be present"

My man they won't even pay bus drivers enough to keep the buses running. What the gently caress are you smoking thinking they they will spend the money to do any of that poo poo.

Schools do not need to be policing communication devices outside of class.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Kids used cameras during breaks all the time during school. Nobody is advocating for the use of phones or cameras during instruction.

to get back to my anecdote, when i was a parapro one of my actual jobs was the "blanket ban" like i actually enforced it so i get to have a bit of fun with you insisting it can't work

It was necessitated by the sorts of facility privacy issues that are inherent to schools, they didn't go back and forth on it too much because the guidelines were really clear. district and state decided not to budge on the issue, so the Ban That Can't Work happened pretty quickly in response to some heinous filmed bullying and group stalking, and worked with multiple positive outcomes from policy. Students could bring phones and check them, or have them on their person with a monitored iep

I won't claim that a blanket ban is the only solution you could iron out over time that works but i don't expect most of the US school system to do anything that works rather than just give up and let phones degrade school environments further, because they're in a state of extended collapse and usually can't do anything but give up anyway

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

There was a guy who's mom threatened a teacher because they called her about his conduct with regard to his cellphone and not to bother her at work ever again. This was in 2004. I admire what teachers have had to put up with since then.

Eletriarnation
Apr 6, 2005

objects in space.

Oven Wrangler

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Lol at " if only they paid a teacher or bus driver to be present"

My man they won't even pay bus drivers enough to keep the buses running. What the gently caress are you smoking thinking they they will spend the money to do any of that poo poo.

Schools do not need to be policing communication devices outside of class.

If they think it's important, they might dedicate some money for it. That is usually how organizations work. Again, this was normal 20 years ago.

I don't think they need to be policed outside of class - if the kid can turn the phone off and put it away when school starts, ignore it all day long, and then take it out at the end of the day when they're waiting for pickup that's not a problem and I don't think it should be restricted. The clear problem is that kids aren't doing this. Maybe more of them would find themselves capable of it if that was the only way to have a phone after school, IDK.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Eletriarnation posted:

If they think it's important, they might dedicate some money for it. That is usually how organizations work. Again, this was normal 20 years ago.

I don't think they need to be policed outside of class - if the kid can turn the phone off and put it away when school starts, ignore it all day long, and then take it out at the end of the day when they're waiting for pickup that's not a problem and I don't think it should be restricted. The clear problem is that kids aren't doing this. Maybe more of them would find themselves capable of it if that was the only way to have a phone after school, IDK.

Yeah cool welcome to my position this entire time.

The reality is that schools are underfunded, understaffed, and already overburdened with responsibilities, but y'all just want to pile on more and just assume that every school will just magically be able to fit your perfectly spherical cow ideal scenario.

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 28, 2023

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I think the issue is your original statement of

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

It's not up to the school whether or not she has the phone on her person or in her bag during school hours.

To me, and I’m guessing most people, this reads as schools shouldn’t be able to not allow phones in classrooms. Better clarification from the start would have been good

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

The reality is that schools are underfunded, understaffed, and already overburdened with responsibilities, but y'all just want to pile on more and just assume that every school will just magically be able to fit your perfectly spherical cow ideal scenario.

Yes, that's why the people who are arguing with you are mostly teachers. The people with the least experience in a classroom. Obviously.

You've barely responded to any of the actual points except stamping your feet and insisting everyone else is an old (ignoring that many of the people are actually younger than you.)

How exactly are we supposed to argue with someone who has no relevant experience, qualifications or evidence, who refuses to address points of argumentation and who can only respond with personal insults. You don't even have a proposed solution! You just try to weasel and say that you want a "sensible" position ; ignoring that you don't actually have one except for doing the same poo poo on a different day.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

You have done an incredibly poor job of articulating your position, and the posts below *heavily* imply phone use during class: the comparison to mechanical pencils or graphing calculators, and the reference to voice recorders especially.

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Nevermind the myriad of useful apps like voice recordings, calendars, reminders, notes, timers, email, etc.

Geez why would a student ever need to use those things.

Some of y'all are showing your age and rear end on this.

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Well poo poo let's just get rid of anything else those dang kids don't need just because you didn't have it when it literally wasn't invented yet.

Should ban mechanical pencils too, what about scientific calculators, gently caress those computers can just gently caress right off. No need for my kid to ever touch a Chromebook again thank Christ.

Do you even hear yourself, and how ridiculous that sounds?

I don't think a policy of checking phones in at the beginning of the day and out at the end is terribly controversial, even if not universally lauded. Having phones available during breaks seems questionable to me too. Trying to pretend that you've been super clear about your position and everyone else is being unreasonable is pretty silly imo.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
My daughter’s school implemented a phone checkin program this year. You drop your phone into a specially made cubby at the front of the room and pick it up after class. No complaints from her so far, but she did let us know about the new system as she dug through the junk drawer for the Nokia 3310 she played with as a baby (as a joke, she doesn’t drop off a burner phone).

she let me know she wasn’t feeling well the other day and I drove over; I called the office from the parking lot, the office rang her class and sent her out the door to me.

Eletriarnation
Apr 6, 2005

objects in space.

Oven Wrangler

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

No, I'm not assuming any such thing. What I am assuming is that it will be more straightforward and effective to have a comprehensive policy to prevent cell phone distractions at the school level than for each and every teacher to find their own way to try to teach around their presence without support. Not a perfect situation, but better than what we have now. I'm also the last person to propose that public servants be asked to take on more responsibilities without being given the resources they need. If you're just going to shoot down any idea that requires additional time investment on the basis of "well, paying for anything additional ever is a nonstarter" then it's going to be hard to have much of a discussion that isn't "how do we keep doing the status quo".

Eletriarnation fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Nov 28, 2023

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

fischtick posted:

My daughter’s school implemented a phone checkin program this year. You drop your phone into a specially made cubby at the front of the room and pick it up after class. No complaints from her so far, but she did let us know about the new system as she dug through the junk drawer for the Nokia 3310 she played with as a baby (as a joke, she doesn’t drop off a burner phone).

she let me know she wasn’t feeling well the other day and I drove over; I called the office from the parking lot, the office rang her class and sent her out the door to me.

That was the system back when I was in school, but I do remember the feeling of embarrassment when they called your name over the PA when its lunch or something. It's kinda odd that this is popping back up, you mean kids weren't playing snake on their nokias back in the day? I remember teachers would grab gameboys too, though the ubiquity is the novel factor now.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

Eletriarnation posted:

Back in the hoary days of ~2000 I remember a teacher losing his poo poo over some Nokia’s ringing in class and confiscating all the phones in class, even searched backpacks. Bold moves for a vocabulary development teacher. Some bitchy parents ran that up the flagpole so fast and that teacher never complained about phones again.

Like in the abstract I get what you’re saying, just take the phones and ban them from class, even if it’s hard. But in practicality, the bandwidth for that extra measure is for the most part not there. I see Staluigi’s story about the extreme implementation working and that is interesting to me but it really feels like a school district has to hit rock bottom on the issue before both the parents and the administrators are fed up enough to act.

I know locally our superintendent has been triaging their energy to convince families that the teachers are already earning too much, so asking them to police phones and stop complaining about pay/work conditions is going to be a non starter. But the local issues may be different somewhere that the teachers are paid well, supported in the classroom and where every kid is held back by their phones vs *waves hand generally* everything else from food and housing insecurity to failed reading curriculums.

Eletriarnation
Apr 6, 2005

objects in space.

Oven Wrangler
Yeah to be clear, I am not proposing that teachers be asked to search backpacks or pockets. I think about it like when, as a kid, I forgot that I had a small knife in my pocket before going to school. I knew this was strictly forbidden, and if a teacher even saw the knife I'd be in a lot of trouble. I kept it in my pocket all day long, told no one, and acted like it wasn't there so it wasn't an issue. If kids have the self-control to do this with cell phones and then just take them out at the end of the day when they're necessary to call transportation or whatever, I don't see how that would be a problem.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

You're coming across as all over the place and I don't even know what you're arguing half the time. If everyone else is consistently misunderstanding your position, especially in light of the fact that you also clearly don't understand theirs (and don't seem able to differentiate between different people with different opinions) maybe the problem is actually your communication?

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 28, 2023

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Blue Footed Booby posted:

This made me curious, so I googled. According to the bureau of labor statistics:

I figure you're probably talking about the kind of job and not the precise number on the paycheck; I just find it interesting. The number is way smaller than I expected, even considering that some states have higher minimums.

In states with no higher minimum I still never got min wage. Even lovely restaurants and Walmart, even my very first high school busser job, and such offer more. Chitpotle started college age kids at 15 per, same as a my starting wage for United airlines which involved fbi and corporate clearance and much higher stakes. So did Twister Root which is a mall Five--Guys esque. Lowest offer I got anywhere for a second job was 12. And most places in the second "tier" of poo poo, like Chipotle, Target, etc have basic insurance. That was in the south, so it's not quite as miserable as it sounds compared to CoL. I also expect small business tyrants pay worse than chains.

It's not great but it's better than people have been gone for a while expect, I think. I suspect most people on federal minimum are either quite rural, high school or desperate and being exploited- like say, ex cons who everyone turns down.

Also a bad tip day still only gets topped to federal if you're one of the people on the server exception. No idea what they're pulling but I prefer living wage and no expectation of tip, tbh

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

A lot of the people posting for full phone bans or at least banning them from classes seem to either not realize or are ignoring that phones are being coopted by teachers as instructional tools. As a former teacher, I can tell you there's no way, no how there's gonna be a full ban, and with trying to manage every other dimension of classroom behavior, the phone issue must be ceded. As the cliche goes, "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em"--in my last couple years of teaching I had students use apps like Poll Everywhere to do quick formative assessments to see if the content was landing or not. We didn't have computers in every classroom, computer labs and laptop carts were frequently occupied so if students needed to do research, they have their phones on them.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Judgy Fucker posted:

A lot of the people posting for full phone bans or at least banning them from classes seem to either not realize or are ignoring that phones are being coopted by teachers as instructional tools. As a former teacher, I can tell you there's no way, no how there's gonna be a full ban, and with trying to manage every other dimension of classroom behavior, the phone issue must be ceded. As the cliche goes, "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em"--in my last couple years of teaching I had students use apps like Poll Everywhere to do quick formative assessments to see if the content was landing or not. We didn't have computers in every classroom, computer labs and laptop carts were frequently occupied so if students needed to do research, they have their phones on them.

I mean, sure, this is all anecdotal, so it's likely that for every school that has moved to 1-to-1 chromebooks, there is another using app-based teaching tools. I don't see that as a reason to throw up our collective hands and give up on something that apparently leads to poorer outcomes for students.

The opinion piece posted earlier mentioned keeping them out of schools entirely, which is probably pretty difficult, but it's not some massive unsolved problem just to have them stored away during instruction. A couple friends of mine work in a middle school and high school that have been doing that for years. Kids drop their phones in numbered pouches that hang on the wall, and after a bit of prodding at the beginning of the year, all it takes for each class period is a glance over at the pouches to see if anyone is trying to break the rules. Obviously they have the occasional issues with kids who claim they forgot theirs that day, or bring old phones to turn in, and there's a bit of classroom management necessary to prevent a mad dash for the pouches every time there's a momentary break in instruction, but overall they say it works really well compared to other districts they've taught in.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Baronash posted:

The opinion piece posted earlier mentioned keeping them out of schools entirely, which is probably pretty difficult, but it's not some massive unsolved problem just to have them stored away during instruction. A couple friends of mine work in a middle school and high school that have been doing that for years. Kids drop their phones in numbered pouches that hang on the wall, and after a bit of prodding at the beginning of the year, all it takes for each class period is a glance over at the pouches to see if anyone is trying to break the rules. Obviously they have the occasional issues with kids who claim they forgot theirs that day, or bring old phones to turn in, and there's a bit of classroom management necessary to prevent a mad dash for the pouches every time there's a momentary break in instruction, but overall they say it works really well compared to other districts they've taught in.

Do your friends talk about theft being an issue? That is what immediately jumps out to me as a problem with the pouches or drop boxes. Phone theft was a multiple-times-a-day issue at the school I taught.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

No. Futility arguments are not valid. You should not ever use them; they are a thought-terminating brainworm, a reactionary talking point dressed up as insight.

The idea that laws do not effect behavior or cannot exist because of some innate defect causing people to violate them has never been valid and has always been an excuse to not consider the possibility of change. Making these specific counterfactual appeals as the basis for refusing to consider the possibility of change amounts to a principle of inactivity.

Albert Hirschman identified "rhetorics of futility" as one of the three core framings deployed to ruin the consideration of change, from the French revolution to Rush Limbaugh: "arguments that are in effect contraptions specifically designed to make dialogue and deliberation impossible." These arguments seem appealing, but in fact function to avoid thinking about or dealing with specific information about the context of the proposed change. To quote my media lit thread writeup:

If you want to try to prove your claim that phone bans are futile, you're going to have to go a hell of a lot further than just asserting it, you're going to have to prove it- and you're making a categorical claim, so you've already got a problem: multiple users have described how phone bans and restrictions exist and function in other contexts, and that other far more onerous changes can and have been implemented. It is absolutely possible, and there is no innate defect or drive that would make it impossible.

There are certainly cases where laws do not effectively compel obedience, due to being some mixture of "wildly unpopular" and "difficult to consistently enforce". Prohibition was already cited as one example, and I'd say that speeding laws are another.

I'm not sure how we got there from school cellphone policies, though. Those are fairly easy to enforce, assuming the school actually has the will to enforce them in the face of parental resistance. It's not like it's rare for schools to have to confiscate contraband from kids.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Main Paineframe posted:

I'm not sure how we got there from school cellphone policies, though. Those are fairly easy to enforce, assuming the school actually has the will to enforce them in the face of parental resistance. It's not like it's rare for schools to have to confiscate contraband from kids.

There's the rub. School boards are elected, and who elects them? Among others, the parents of the children in the school district. This is part of why blanket bans are a non-starter, it becomes an electoral issue should the matter be pushed far enough. You're right about contraband, but there's a difference between something like a phone (potentially useful for academic and non-academic situations at school) versus, say, a kid's vape pen.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Misunderstood posted:

Yeah it's not shootings - it's the "never talk to strangers" thing. In the 80s and 90s the way we introduced kids to the world was to say "absolutely every person you see is trying to get you, to [worst thing child is able to imagine at that age]," an attitude it turns out some people are unable to shed as they move into adulthood.

They're gonna stop me playing Streets of Rage 2? :ohdear:

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Judgy Fucker posted:

Do your friends talk about theft being an issue? That is what immediately jumps out to me as a problem with the pouches or drop boxes. Phone theft was a multiple-times-a-day issue at the school I taught.

They keep an eye on the pouches as the kids file out of the room, and apparently that's enough to prevent theft from being an issue in their school. I could definitely see it being a bigger issue depending on the school though, so fair point.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ms Adequate posted:

They're gonna stop me playing Streets of Rage 2? :ohdear:

They're going to force you to play to completion 3 non-Disney movie licensed NES games.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Agents are GO! posted:

They're going to force you to play to completion 3 non-Disney movie licensed NES games.

Cruel and unusual punishment isn't constitutional.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

You can really tell which posters have kids currently going through the public school system in the US and which ones don't.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

D-Pad posted:

You can really tell which posters have kids currently going through the public school system in the US and which ones don't.

Just like it's very obvious who here has ever tried to teach a class.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
as someone who doest have kid but wants to bitch about school issues., my biggest gripe about high school was that we read classics and other good books but were terribly taught them. the system teaches books that teens won't appreciate because they dont have the life expirence or they are taught shaekspear by reading it out of the book with little context. worse in my opinion, they focus fully on "look for symbolism and write about the symboles. just look for key words and dont actually read the book as book, and if you come to some kinda weird or interesting opinion about the book, your wrong, just talk about the symbols and whatever harold bloom wants. I was in highschool in like 08 so hopefully its better now, because it took me until recently to appreaciate reading classic or lit again. same with art honestly, but i feel in love with that in college

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Xiahou Dun posted:

Pray tell?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

D-Pad posted:

Yeah, the “better things aren’t possible, make no rules to improve education” are the ones with kids in school.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

D-Pad posted:

Xiahou Dun posted:

This is dumb and if you have points please make them.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Baronash posted:

This is dumb and if you have points please make them.

I was mocking that argument for being dumb.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Xiahou Dun posted:

You mean how the two teachers who posted here said full bans aren't realistic?

Judgy Fucker posted:

litany of gulps posted:

Speaking as an American public school teacher, the phones are absurd, but that’s a long lost battle. Anyone with a computer is just as distracted. Our school computers come with Microsoft Teams installed and the kids can just text each other on that as easily as on any social media app. The ESL kids that used to write garbled pseudo English responses now just write AI generated responses. The end result is unfortunately worse, they learn literally nothing from copying AI generated responses versus having to have some kind of productive struggle writing their own thoughts. Private schools have much smaller class sizes and actual accountability in ways that the public schools can’t match, so you don’t have the same issues there. The rich kids learn while the poor kids get to play on their screens.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

D-Pad posted:

You mean how the two teachers who posted here said full bans aren't realistic?

Do you have an actual argument?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

How the heck did we even get to phone chat in the first place

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

A study was released arguing that unchecked phone usage by kids and teens severely hampers academic progress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

Alexander Graham Bell is responsible, I think. It's just part of the modern existence. Everything wrong circles back to being able to talk to each other immediately and share our opinions on the internet without getting bullied for our love of anthro furry hentai.