Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i won a victory royale for the squad last night with a gray pistol and a green shotgun after getting brought back in the storm with 1 other team left. fortnite ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Buck Wildman posted:

god they absolutely do, periodically I break out my neo geo pocket just to play that

jealous, the stick on those i hear are amazing

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Ohtori Akio posted:

fortnite is insanely good...

Can confirm

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i won a victory royale for the squad last night with a gray pistol and a green shotgun after getting brought back in the storm with 1 other team left. fortnite ftw

Nice! First win of the season?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
definitely the first one I brought home by myself

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I saw someone wearing the original Samsung galaxy skin last night.
https://fortnite-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Galaxy_(outfit)
It was a skin that required you to purchase the new Samsung galaxy, so it was a $800-$1000 skin and is very rare.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I’ve had $7 in my PlayStation wallet for a while and decided to buy the first thing I saw for $7. I purchased tormented souls. seems bad two minutes in.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
https://www.eurogamer.net/bethesda-responding-to-negative-starfield-reviews-on-steam

quote:

Bethesda's customer support team has been responding to negative Starfield reviews on Steam.

Starfield had a strong start, becoming the "biggest Bethesda game launch" of all time. Those numbers rose over the first few days of release, with Starfield's concurrent player count previously beating Skyrim's concurrent player record on Steam.

But despite these initial player numbers, Starfield currently sits with a 'Mixed' review status on Steam. At the time of writing, 69 percent of the game's 80,365 reviews on the platform are positive. The rest are, obviously, less generous.
Our video team chatting all things stealth in Starfield.

Perhaps in a bid to turn these negative Starfield takes into a positive for the game, members of Bethesda's customer support team have started responding to certain reviewers on Steam.

As spotted by social media account JuiceHead, the team has taken the slightly unusual step of explaining to the people leaving these negative reviews that the game is good, actually. It has then asked them to consider the amount of effort that went on behind the scenes to make a game of such scale.

In response to one user that called Starfield's story "generic" and the gameplay "boring", one member of Bethesda's customer support staff replied with a post highlighting everything players can experience in the game.

"You can fly, you can shoot, you can mine, you can loot!" it wrote. "Starfield is an RPG with hundreds of hours of quests to complete and characters to meet. Most quests will also vary on your character's skills and decisions, massively changing the outcome of your playthrough."

It then suggested the reviewer gives the game another chance, but this time tries different characters with different backgrounds.

"You will feel like you are playing a totally different game," it said. "Put points in different skills from a character you've previously created, and you are now faced with completely different decisions to make and difficulties to encounter."

Meanwhile, when another user lamented the amount of loading screens, the support team replied imploring the reviewer to "consider the amount of data for the expansive gameplay that is procedurally generated to load flawlessly in under three seconds".

In response to a reviewer that appears to have suggested they found Starfield's planets empty, the Bethesda team said this was "by design" and "not boring".

"The intention of Starfield's exploration is to evoke a feeling of smallness in players and make you feel overwhelmed. You can continue to explore and find worlds that do have the resources you need or hidden outposts to look through," it wrote.

Bethesda is responding to negative Starfield reviews on Steam. Absolutely bizarre if you ask me and despite media attention this hasn't stopped, the last response is from today pic.twitter.com/ay589tg8cc
— JuiceHead (@JuiceHead33) November 28, 2023

In Eurogamer's Starfield review, our Chris gave the game three stars.

"Starfield pairs near-impossible breadth with a classic Bethesda aptitude for systemic physics, magnetic sidequests, and weird vignettes, " he wrote.

"But in sacrificing direct exploration for the sake of sheer scale, there's nothing to bind it together."

horns.aiff, bethesda responding to negative Starfield reviews with suspiciously AI sounding comments

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Mad Wack posted:

https://www.eurogamer.net/bethesda-responding-to-negative-starfield-reviews-on-steam

horns.aiff, bethesda responding to negative Starfield reviews with suspiciously AI sounding comments

maybe they should spend 8 years and an unlimited budget not to make trash

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
starfield isn't trash, it's just one of the most unfinished games i've ever seen being sold as a full game. say what you want about fallout 4's writing pacing etc. at least it appears to be a full, completed game

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

lol the dnc strategy of "if it's bad, then why do I say it's good?" is seeing widespread adoption and critical acclaim

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The voters gamers just don't know that the dementia president game is good, actually

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Look I really like Baldur's Gate 3, I would vote for it for game of the year, but I just don't know if gamers find it electable enough for game of the year. I'm sticking with a strong candidate with broad appeal like Starfield.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Mad Wack posted:

You know the game is good when the developer busts out the Amazon Fulfillment Center pod-people to run PR interference

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Look I really like Baldur's Gate 3, I would vote for it for game of the year, but I just don't know if gamers find it electable enough for game of the year. I'm sticking with a strong candidate with broad appeal like Starfield.

i think Baldur's Gate 3 should stay out of the race this year to build up political capital

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Starfield has pedigree
it shares DNA with a long line of GOTYs

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

baldur's gate 3: redemption!

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=925241

quote:

In Patch 4 we introduced a fix that would prevent the Scrying Eyes in Moonrise Towers from immediately calling the guards on you when stealing, even if you were sneaking, or invisible for example.

This fix had the unintended consequence of causing unnoticed thefts & acts of vandalism to remain stuck forever within the ‘did anyone see me’ pipeline, rather than timing out and moving on, as is intended. Essentially, your ‘DM’ - in a real-world sense - constantly thinks about the acts of theft & violence the player keeps doing, without ever moving on or verbalising them. Mulling on it ad infinitum.

These unnoticed and eternally-active acts of theft & violence eventually bogged down the game. The more a player commits those acts, the more the game is trying to keep that all up to date and in memory, and so the more slowdowns start happening. Essentially, the ‘DM’ eventually becomes unable to operate. By Act 3 this caused slow-down issues, which after some sleuthing we’re extremely happy to say we’ve solved in Patch 5, which is in testing and scheduled to release this week.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

lmao so the game bugged out because it couldn't keep up with all the stealing i was doing. next maybe they can figure out why the inventory was so hosed up and lovely

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

RandolphCarter posted:

I’ve had $7 in my PlayStation wallet for a while and decided to buy the first thing I saw for $7. I purchased tormented souls. seems bad two minutes in.

20 minutes in I can safely say this is a very bad game

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hatebag posted:

lmao so the game bugged out because it couldn't keep up with all the stealing i was doing. next maybe they can figure out why the inventory was so hosed up and lovely

hmm...

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

RandolphCarter posted:

20 minutes in I can safely say this is a very bad game

you could'a had Sniper Elite 4 or Mad Max instead

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

you could'a had Sniper Elite 4 or Mad Max instead

I already have those

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Hatebag posted:

i'm guessing they're probably related as all the stolen items in inventory would still be marked as stolen and the game is stuck running code for who may have noticed it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I noticed this happening too. You never really "get away" with a theft. I stole some armor from Dammon, he didn't notice, I left to do other quests, then I came back later and had to apologize to him.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i'm guessing they're probably related as all the stolen items in inventory would still be marked as stolen and the game is stuck running code for who may have noticed it

yeah i figured that might be the case. the inventory was by far the worst part of bg3 but it was still a drat fine game.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

the Eminem skin set will cost between 5000-6000 v-bucks. lol or $45 USD

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
oh so eminem has been entertaining you his whole life but thats too much money to buy his fortnite skin?

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Most of Fortnite's player base wasn't alive the last time Eminem put out a good album.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

is there gonna be a Stan skin too

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

buy eminem's fortskin for 45$

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

alarumklok posted:

More info It will be 2 bundles at about $40.

I have 3500 v-bucks so I will buy 1 bundle

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

alarumklok posted:

thread title

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

alarumklok posted:

Mad Wack posted:

thread title

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

man I really wanna play bg3 but I'm too poor to have a modern console or pc.

i did it on a 10 year old pc. got as far as act 3 and well yeah that's kind of the braking point.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

So what's the sell on Save the Princess? Because the presentation makes it look like it's for creeps but goons seem to love it and hmmm

But seriously, can anyone explain the appeal without spoiling it?

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gumball Gumption posted:

the presentation makes it look like it's for creeps but goons seem to love it and hmmm

not seeing a contradiction here

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

woke operator posted:

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

So what's the sell on Save the Princess? Because the presentation makes it look like it's for creeps but goons seem to love it and hmmm

But seriously, can anyone explain the appeal without spoiling it?

It's for people who thought that Doki Doki Literature Club had too much color.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

lol bethesda is responding to negative reviews on steam

quote:

In response to a reviewer that appears to have suggested they found Starfield's planets empty, the Bethesda team said this was "by design" and "not boring".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

woke operator posted: