Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Hey, if people want to stop posting psycho garbage from Bok and Stiglitz and the like I'm all for it.
bok is a worthless anger machine who makes nothing but "wouldn't it be terrible if this were real??" comics

"ooooh man! remember when biden said terrorists were his best friends and then loudly poo poo himself???"
"...no...?"
"but like...like imagine he had!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Twibbit posted:

Yes but she sometimes uses the Nib framing device of using a post-apocalyptic wasteland to mirror and mock current events which has long been declared a war crime.... For some reason

I think it's more that Lubchansky occasionally notes that things aren't good in this country for people who aren't overpaid computer janitors and suggests the ostensibly Good Political Party is somewhat partially responsible

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Nov 28, 2023

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I really can't wait to see Stantis explain why it's actually cool and good to slaughter 15,000 people through the medium of copy-pasted art and using the metaphor of loving desert hamsters.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Fister Roboto posted:

I really can't wait to see Stantis explain why it's actually cool and good to slaughter 15,000 people through the medium of copy-pasted art and using the metaphor of loving desert hamsters.

I doubt he gets that far into the weeds with it.
He's going to poo poo out a string of "Why are things bad? Perhaps things can be good? But only if people stop being bad." and at least one single panel where it's Winslow and Carmen hugging and asking why things are bad and not good.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

Oh my lord the other desert hamsters are shielding the terrorist faction with their bodies, just out of frame where I don't have to draw new art!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Oh, no, oh, my. Can one even imagine the nightmare of someone in the United States coming up or saying with an anticolonial slogan?
Branco, you are one reprehensible fuckwit.

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

DalaranJ posted:

Oh, no, oh, my. Can one even imagine the nightmare of someone in the United States coming up or saying with an anticolonial slogan?
Branco, you are one reprehensible fuckwit.

No but we did the white good kind of revolution and the imaginary Mexican Palestinians in my head want to do the brown bad kind of revolution.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

it would make a lot of sense if Allie quit and contract fuckery allowed Stantis to reuse the art he made before. So all the new comics are made by copy-pasting Allie’s art.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the ceasefire in Gaza – Despite the extension of the pause in hostilities between Israel and Hamas, peace still seems a long way off"

Telegraph:

Omid Scobie recruits ‘Sussex Squad’ influencers to promote his new book Endgame

Matt:

UAE accused of using Cop28 climate talks to strike oil and gas deals

Times:

Evening Standard:

Our Winter Survival Appeal hits £1m as Sainsbury's donates £500k and West Ham stars lend a hand

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Didn't expect Branco to acknowledge that "from sea to shining sea" is a celebration of genocide

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Interesting take on Manifest Destiny’s role in American history.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Labor and Greens reach deal on Murray Darling Basin plan for 450 gigalitres of environmental flows (Guardian). Environment minister Tanya Plibersek in the red overalls, Greens environment spokesperson Sarah Hanson-Young in the green.

Rowe:

Golding:

Lethbridge:

Wilcox:

Spooner:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

Pedro X. Molina

Jack Ohman

Lee Judge

John Branch

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Carlos Latuff

"Hello? Is this the Senate? Have you approved it yet?"

The hat says "Agribusiness". PL 1459 appears to be a bill making it easier to use pesticides in Brazil.

Randall Enos

Dave Whamond

Amjad Rasmi

Robert (R.J.) Matson

Adam Zyglis

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

An actual joke?

There's a clearly laid-out plan to get the emergency funding done but Republicans are hijacking it. AGC.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

You know there was already a Napoleon III, right Spooner? Oh what am I saying of course you don't.

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

An actual joke?

Barely. The joke relies upon supposing that the Democrats are making "ignoring the crisis at our Southern border" into one of their two key campaign issues. It's a nonsense setup to get to the punch line.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
listen

listen

listen

i've been following politics for a long time and there's one thing i can tell you that's more important to republicans than anything, bar none:

never starting any wars.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ugh.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

There's a clearly laid-out plan to get the emergency funding done but Republicans are hijacking it. AGC.

Kellies nomination: best AGC interpretation

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Ah yes Payne, clearly Hamas is the Goliath in this scenario and Israel is the plucky little shepard boy, David...

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Is he giving Biden a wedgie or checking his diaper?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Both Sides Have Blood on Their Hands…Sorta

Ted Rall posted:

“Very serious people” claim that the Israelis and Palestinians are equally cuplable in the Middle East conflict. Which is true unless you actually think about it.

First Dog on the Moon: Kids are rallying in the streets for justice like tiny juvenile firebrands! What is going on?

Five Year Plan
Feb 18, 2009

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

An actual joke?

The joke is the proportions of the nightmare head in the middle. Yikes.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Dude what are you doing, your team tries so hard to pretend it doesn't support evil out of self-interest and here you are just straight-up announcing what you actually believe

(also we'd vote for the most evil person imaginable if he does two things the President can't do by design, gently caress brown people harder, and not do something we used to love more openly until we saw how much poo poo W ate over it)

Edit: what do these people respond with when they try to use the ol' cheap gas under Trump own and you point out the actual reason why that happened? People around me here haven't been quite stupid enough to try and use that line.

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Nov 29, 2023

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

:fuckoff:

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Breen

Tom Stiglich

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Now, I may be mistaken, but for some reason I grt the feeling that the country that has control of their own borders and ongoing treaties with large, well equipped countries willing to sell them weapons, MAY have an easier time restocking their weapons during a ceasefire, rather than the group that were having to use old water pipes to make rockets.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/newcounterpoint/status/1729455542152708383

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

This is very good. I'm gonna say Kellies nomination good: best overall

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Is this supposed to be a drawing of someone specific, or just like... Branco's idea of what a cool black Republican looks like?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

Oh, sorry, I meant to say "give our students the skills to create future egalitarian spaces free from abuse." I don't know how that got messed up on my notes, it must have been purposeful but, who benefits from that!? It's a school!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
"School should prepare for the real world, which is cruel and unfair. Also, I like it that way"

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

These fuckin' kindergardeners and their fuckin' safe spaces, goddamned snowflakes is what they are

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

What is counterpoint and why are they fine with casual use of slurs in their political cartoons?

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Let me guess, the bear and "desert hamsters" are supposed to represent Hamas?

Looking at these and other cartoons on this page, they seem to be getting more and more vile. I assume this is because we're a year away from the presidential election.

God I'm not looking forward to 2024...

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Tibalt posted:

Is this supposed to be a drawing of someone specific, or just like... Branco's idea of what a cool black Republican looks like?

Pretty sure its just a racist caricature

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Randalor posted:

What is counterpoint and why are they fine with casual use of slurs in their political cartoons?

Calling people who don't appreciate rampant christofascism "close-minded" is possibly my most hated of the bullshit double speak the right does these days.

I can muscle through a lot of the others, but that one makes me stop and just scream "gently caress YOU" for a while.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

JamesBont posted:

Let me guess, the bear and "desert hamsters" are supposed to represent Hamas?

From the way he presented it, desert hamsters are ALL Palestinians and he walked it back awkwardly with a "....terrorist faction of the desert hamsters" last time. A phrase which makes me wonder about this comic's overall setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
both can be true. look at the backlash for sharks after "jaws"

imagine being just as reactionary as a person from the 70's and calling yourself the rational, intelligent one.