Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rotinaj posted:

I was just rewatching lance archer vs marko stunt because I have a half-memory of him chucking marko into the crowd

Lance archer is rad and i do not get why he is booked so sporadically in aew

I think he was hurt for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Guillermus posted:

I don't know but I still like AEW. it's not perfect but I keep watching good matches and has a roster that I like. For me the best 4 straight years of wrestling ever. No nostalgia glasses etc.

Call me crazy

This is where I'm at. I'm not as excited about every show or PPV as I was a year or two ago. I'm not sure if that's because the stories aren't as interesting to me anymore or what, but I know I'm always going to enjoy the wrestling. I do honestly think the cloud of MJF/Cole stuff hangs over me a bit. Hangman/Swerve was the thing I was most looking forward to at Full Gear, and if that was the main event for the World Title? I'd have been counting down the seconds until the PPV started.

I think they rightfully capitalized on babyface MJF stuff at the right time, whether that was the original plan or not. I think that has since run its course. He's showing more of his old heelish tendencies lately – not like any of them really went away, mind you, but telling Joe he wasn't going to give him a shot he promised him feels different than the blatant cheating he always does.

I'd love to see the World Title picture get a shake-up for starters, and then for things to kind of materialize more clearly for guys like Hobbs and Takeshita who have been in the Jericho orbit that fights so hard to hang onto people. Though I guess Jericho has this arm injury now which I'm not sure is real or storyline, but his elbow definitely got hosed up visually at some point at the PPV. Maybe with the tag title shot hanging in the balance, Kenny & Jericho can finally move away from the Callis stuff completely.

All of this to say, even when the stories are stupid and I'm annoyed by them there's at least an 85% chance that the matches will be cool and good.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Shard posted:

How you just gonna post a shot of hangmans bare chest at me. I am a butt man!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gavok posted:

I liked when QT initially wrestled as Cody's random tag partner and got the crowd behind him in the sense that they were chanting, "CODY'S PARTNER!"

Then somebody here described him perfectly as "a regular guy who was possessed by the ghost of a luchador and is pleasantly surprised by what his body is capable of."

I was just coming to post this. My favorite version of QT is the guy who is shocked at what he pulled off. He would have been a great jobber to the stars that got a big win once in a while.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

rotinaj posted:

I was just rewatching lance archer vs marko stunt because I have a half-memory of him chucking marko into the crowd

He isn't injury-prone enough for TK to base months of booking around his availability.

Serious answer is that his character is best suited for short term "kill the monster" programs.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ganso Bomb posted:

Maybe with the tag title shot hanging in the balance, Kenny & Jericho can finally move away from the Callis stuff completely.

I would personally be quite annoyed if they couldn’t figure out a way to loving end the storyline and have a final match

Mostly otherwise agreedo, though

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

My best friend was the biggest tna mark back in the day. Love him. His favorite things in AEW right now are Christian, Joe, Jay Lethal and Double J. And he really wants AJ Styles to come to AEW or NJPW lol

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rotinaj posted:

I would personally be quite annoyed if they couldn’t figure out a way to loving end the storyline and have a final match

Mostly otherwise agreedo, though

They just had a huge Like A Dragon Street Fight, let that be the end of it. Hobbs slammed Tall Paul. Ibushi rode a bike. What more could you ask for?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Give me a Callis Family vs Luchadores Gang (penta, fenix, vikingo, komander) feud

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

it is wednesday my dudes

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

rotinaj posted:

He keeps getting hurt :(

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

His name is Anthony Khan. He's 41 years old, with a cute little-boy face and black, lifeless eyes. When those eyes look at you, you'd better start thinking the booking is good, because he'll make you put your money where your mouth is

good lord

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I still like MJF and the silly Adam Cole stuff :shrug:

I'm good with them moving on from the MJF reign though, seems like everyone but me feels its run its course

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
i think you could have MJF recover from the kinda dud feud with Jay, but if it's real that he's injured, I'd say it's a good time for him to drop the belts, maybe even pivot from Joe's current gauntlet into Swerve getting an upset win on Joe which then leads to Swerve vs MJF at World's End.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

That DICK! posted:

it is wednesday my dudes

best news i heard all day

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

That DICK! posted:

it is wednesday my dudes

Please give me your time machine

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That DICK! posted:

it is wednesday my dudes

Less and less people are saying this today

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
QT is a steady hand that was able to rocket up the corporate ladder due to right place, right time and right circumstance. I am a bit empathetic because that would cause delusion in most men.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Have MJF lose at Worlds End and then have him cut a promo after the match that he’s off to explore other options (bidding war of 2024 stuff) and then have him return a few months later as a surprise.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

have him drop the world title at worlds end and the roh title in the same show and then put him in a drat box and ship him to abu dhabi

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

QT was cool when he was getting murdered by evil Danhausen.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Are we gonna talk about the teeth

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

He keeps getting hurt :(

This is true, but he's been booked way more in NJPW this year than AEW and he hasn't even been in NJPW often.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

The World Champion I want is RUSH.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ill root for whoever dromal phrenia wants to win. hes a good guy who loves some freaking wrestling. three cheers for posting friend dromal phrenia. hip hip. hip hip. hip hip

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Ganso Bomb posted:

They just had a huge Like A Dragon Street Fight, let that be the end of it. Hobbs slammed Tall Paul. Ibushi rode a bike. What more could you ask for?

did Ibushi hit someone with the bike?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Sisal Two-Step posted:

no but Takeshita did, even did the spinning heavy attack

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Thanks to the Toronto Dark shows, my 8yo son performatively hates QT Marshall more than all other wrestlers, partially because it was so easy for him to start "QT Sucks" chants at the two Toronto shows and Forbidden Door (which were, at the time, almost as scandalously fun for him as shouting "Cowboy Bleep!" during cowboy poo poo chants). How can I break the news to him that his nemesis is gone?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Even better, someone hit the bike with Ibushi!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I hope WWE is able to collect all "two-letter first name" guys and put them in a stable.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Let👏the kids👏say👏“poo poo”👏

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sandman McMahon posted:

been saying this

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Lid posted:

Keith Lee and Lamce Archer hoss tag team run

With occasional team ups with Dustin call themselves The Texas Tornadoes.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lid posted:

Keith Lee and Lamce Archer hoss tag team run

Hey, maybe that’s who Keith was referring to in his Collision promo. Didn’t they already have some small interaction in AEW in the last year or so?

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

QT had his place in the first couple of years.

The lumberjack match with Dustin vs Butcher and Blade was pretty good from what I remember

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

El Generico posted:

I still like MJF and the silly Adam Cole stuff :shrug:

I'm good with them moving on from the MJF reign though, seems like everyone but me feels its run its course

I was fine with most stuff up until the pape. MJF trying to act like Jay loving White wasn't on his level and trying to get tofu over was really dumb. But the bullshit drama before the match really took me out of it. The match was good. But it could have been good without the bullshit before.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Sandman McMahon posted:

he came up with it himself, thought he was being clever

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Ganso Bomb posted:

For one thing, Don Callis' head is still fully connected to his neck, that's something that still needs to be changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

1glitch0 posted:

If you love their existence you have to recognize they need to do a serious big reboot and change directions. They are cold as poo poo and they have one of the best rosters ever. It's a creative problem. They're #2 and they have to stop acting like they aren't. They have to go punk rock with it like they were in the beginning.

Do they need to do a serious big reboot? I don't think any of their current problems necessitate that. Like what? MJF's championship run? That's an angle, bring it to a close. Feature the women more. Put a bit more heat on the tag division. Maybe don't do the "watch TV at a weird angle" thing. None of these require them to completely change direction.