Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Paracelsus posted:

The Undying weapons are probably the least relevant/interesting selection they could have chosen to bring back, it's like someone is trying to crash the game with no survivors.

Well there might be some vex related stuff and possibly a GoS refresh, so it could be relevant in that way, but yeah, there's some absolutely stronger picks for weapons people would actually like to see back.

At the same time, I sort of get they might want to save Black Armory guns for a time where it makes a bit more sense, but looking at the TFS episodes, it feels like that time might never come.

ponzicar posted:

I am not sure why everyone is down on the leaf weapons. Sure, the originals weren't impressive, but all the other reprises have completely refreshed perk pools. There will be at least one gun with an incredible perk combo to lure people into fighting with the rng gods.
Good perks feel like they won't save the fact I don't really like any of those archetypes. High Impact Autos feel kind of meh (even if I liked Pluperfect in the past) and I'm not big on scouts aside rapid frames, dunno what another rapid void LMG will bring to the table. Maybe the pulse and smg might have something interesting.

I'm also assuming they'll be non-craftable like the returning reckoning weapons, which makes it harder for me to care about them.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Nov 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
How many people are screaming for black armory weapons to come back? Why on earth wouldn't they choose those? :psyduck:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Patch Notes.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Hm, don't see any mention of refreshed Strikes (I thought they said Inverted Spire and Exodus Down were supposed to be getting one this year?) nor anything about craftable GoS guns - the patch notes for Deep Called out LW craftables:

quote:

Last Wish weapons can now be crafted. Each week, players can visit Hawthorne in the Tower to acquire a pursuit to complete all encounters of the Last Wish raid. Completion will award guaranteed Last Wish pattern progress until all patterns are acquired. In addition, completion of the pursuit will unlock a vendor exchange on Hawthorne for that week where players can spend Spoils of Conquest to purchase 1 additional Deepsight weapon from a selection of Last Wish weapons they've previously obtained.

but it might be because the that was a new system at the time.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

holy

loving

poo poo

quote:

Last Wish
  • Fixed an issue in the finale of Queen's Walk, after depositing the heart, where VFX would appear in the incorrect location.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing Vault of Glass Oracle sound effects to play.

they made changes to last wish

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Obviously the oracle secret in Last Wish is now even more deeply and cunningly hidden

Also, an even more holy loving poo poo change:

quote:

Fixed a systemic issue where networked projectiles could predictively cause impact damage multiple times. This issue was made worse with higher framerates.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

haveblue posted:

Obviously the oracle secret in Last Wish is now even more deeply and cunningly hidden

Also, an even more holy loving poo poo change:

Only took them 5 years!

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
I can't believe we are going back to living with an artifact that has no special weapon anti-champ modifiers, and for an extended season at that. No specials means you can't do a generic "handle everything" outfit without using up your exotic slot for one of the limited number of specials with intrinsic anti-champ capabilities, which then means you run the exotic you have to run and not the exotic that you may really want. Basically stuck with Forerunner and Arbalest in the kinetic slot again. This really is Season of the Lost reborn.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I KNEW I heard those fuckers in Last Wish lol

quote:

Titan

Thundercrash
Reduced damage resistance vs. players from 53% to 25%.
Fixed an issue where Thundercrash was using the incorrect tier of damage-based energy recharger.

Lol one more for the road

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Nov 28, 2023

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/season-wish-launch-blog

some extra info, Dreaming City weapons refresh with origin trait, the Undying weapons don't include Pluperfect and the LMG, so big lol.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I can see people being more bothered by slide melees not triggering if you fire a shot while sliding. That's a brave choice.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I can see people being more bothered by slide melees not triggering if you fire a shot while sliding. That's a brave choice.

I just wish I knew that was a thing before it got removed. I never even thought to try it lmao

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

RBA Starblade posted:

I just wish I knew that was a thing before it got removed. I never even thought to try it lmao

It went around when Arc 3.0 launched because the Warlock arc sliding melee + dead messenger would delete opposing guardians, and became a fun meme with thorn and necrotic grips in pvp too.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

drat Bungie whyd you have to nerf my Osteo. Not cool

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2336910/Destiny_2_Starter_Pack/

Lmao

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

:psyduck:

Edit: The description, lmfao.
"""
Includes a supercharged arsenal for Guardians to begin their adventure. Experience the power of build-defining Exotic weapons by instantly unlocking three of Destiny 2’s finest: Traveler’s Chosen, Ruinous Effigy, and Sleeper Simulant.

Fly between destinations in your new Exotic ship, race across alien planets in your Exotic Sparrow, and show your Ghost some love by equipping them with a state-of-the-art Exotic Ghost Shell.

And don’t hesitate to upgrade your favorite gear with the included 125,000 Glimmer, 50 Enhancement Cores, 5 Enhancement Prisms, and 1 coveted Ascendant Shard.
"""

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Nov 28, 2023

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Three exotics you can get from the kiosk, one prism and one shard. That is an insane rip-off. Wow.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Can't wait for the new players who buy the "Starter Pack" only to find they did not actually buy any of the game's content.

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

When you control the mail, you control information!

Maybe they should just give that for free to new players to encourage people to play during record low user counts. But hey what do I know

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

HelloNewman posted:

Maybe they should just give that for free to new players to encourage people to play during record low user counts. But hey what do I know

Look it, they can't just be giving away a COVETED, SINGLE EXOTIC shard and FIVE PRISMS all willy-nilly!

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 28, 2023

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

And a new bundle of 4 shaders in the store. AND a divinity shader bundle!

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
I wish someone at Bungie would learn the difference between a cloak and a backpack.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:chloe:

Sure Bungie.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Undying was my first season back after quitting during the first 3 months of D2 launch. So it kinda has a soft spot for me. Seeing it again does make me KINDA fuzzy.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

RBX posted:

Undying was my first season back after quitting during the first 3 months of D2 launch. So it kinda has a soft spot for me. Seeing it again does make me KINDA fuzzy.

Oh wow, the recluse. I still have it in vault for sentimental reasons

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

MJeff posted:

It literally seems like you think Savathun didn't exist until the Witch Queen expansion. Like, you fight Kalli, a being explicitly under Savathun's control, 20 feet away from the Wall, for God's sake.

I don't think that, actually.

Anyway there's a leaked cutscene now available that shines a little more light on what I'm talking about. We can circle back on the Savathun's Wish Wall in a couple months I suppose

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Sooooo is Bright Dust being retired or ... ?

150 new EV items and there's two exotic armor ornaments, two shaders, and one weapon ornament available for BD

It's about time. Condense to just Silver and have the Battle Pass give you that poo poo instead

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I wish Lance Riddick was still alive.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Paracelsus posted:

The Undying weapons are probably the least relevant/interesting selection they could have chosen to bring back, it's like someone is trying to crash the game with no survivors.

Yeah this honestly shocked me. Not only do they visually suck but their perks were largely forgettable I dismantled all of them pretty much the next season, which to this day is still one of the best they've done.

....Who was asking for Undying weapons to come back?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

el B posted:

I wish Lance Riddick was still alive.

At least he got an iconic role :unsmith:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

That being said, I am glad Breakneck came back to us and the dreaming city weapons getting a refresh. The new waking vigil and retold tale are fantastic.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Blind Well again huh

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i know people got mad about the undying weapons before the perk pools were visible but the smg gets voltshot + stats for all which uhhHhhHHHHHH

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Reiterpallasch posted:

i know people got mad about the undying weapons before the perk pools were visible but the smg gets voltshot + stats for all which uhhHhhHHHHHH

That does sound quite spicy.

I am super interested in the stasis trace rifle. Looks like it has a solid perk pool.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

no chill clip on it which is heartbreaking but not surprising

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Breakneck is back, and Onslaught is a random roll on both it and a world drop Void 600 AR. What a wild season!

Also, Titans, pull out Severance Enclosure and give the ol' Bonk Hammer a try again. Or just Severance Enclosure in general, really. The new explosions chains really well:

https://imgur.com/R9n5Ae4

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kith posted:

no chill clip on it which is heartbreaking but not surprising

Yup, can't have it all :smith:

My gut is telling me Demo+Headstone.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Mesadoram posted:

Yup, can't have it all :smith:

My gut is telling me Demo+Headstone.

Killing Tally is one of those perks that's rare enough to warrant a look, and for a Cenotaph warlock almost certainly worth picking up.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
No new Exotic armor this season, if anyone was wondering.

Riven's Lair is terrible but The Coil is very cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

EVGA Longoria posted:

Killing Tally is one of those perks that's rare enough to warrant a look, and for a Cenotaph warlock almost certainly worth picking up.

:hmmyes:

I can imagine a few fun builds I can make with that combo...