Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

I always find myself gravitating back to Legion, not because they're good or anything but because their default gimmick is to reduce everyone to one health state and I've always hated that hitting a survivor for the first time in this game gives you all sorts of cheap bonuses. To the degree survivors will run right into you knowing that getting hit once is to their benefit

Of course MFT kind of hosed *that* plan too but well, at least that problem is going away

MFT is going to hose it even harder for Legion because it'll now only work with deep wounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
THANKYOUFOR60M code live at noon EST for 1 million BPs and something like 2,000 Iri shards.

Medullah fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 28, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So wait, is Chucky today or not?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

So wait, is Chucky today or not?

Yup, noon EST.

Edit - They're live going over some things.

https://www.twitch.tv/deadbydaylight

https://twitch.tv/deadbydaylight

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I mean the only time you should be chasing someone in Deep Wounds as Legion is if you've managed to tag a survivor in Frenzy all off on their own and no one else is pinging on Instinct. Seems like the change would mess with Deathslinger more than anything, he *does* need to be going after people in Wounds

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

They'll be going over future content and updates after the Chucky-specific content in today's livestream.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DeathChicken posted:

I mean the only time you should be chasing someone in Deep Wounds as Legion is if you've managed to tag a survivor in Frenzy all off on their own and no one else is pinging on Instinct. Seems like the change would mess with Deathslinger more than anything, he *does* need to be going after people in Wounds

While yeah, it'll kinda screw Slinger and Legion, the truth is it's not going to be used very often at all these days. While it's good for them, it's awful against most other killers who literally can't put you in deep wound unless you've got endurance.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Just saw in one of the Discords they're reverting the Batteries Included nerf? (So it'll once again function in endgame)

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

THANKYOUFOR60M code live at noon EST for 1 million BPs and something like 2,000 Iri shards.

I got 6k shards from this, for the record. Extremely worthwhile code.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Chucky is now purchaseable on Steam, but I guess the update that includes him isn't out because he's not in the game.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Chucky is now purchaseable on Steam, but I guess the update that includes him isn't out because he's not in the game.

You may have to restart steam for the update to show up.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Yeah I am in game with the new update now.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Pyrolocutus posted:

Just saw in one of the Discords they're reverting the Batteries Included nerf? (So it'll once again function in endgame)

Patch notes are up and seems like this is not the case.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Pyrolocutus posted:

Not according to the patch notes

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Can't wait to unleash the Chuckster.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

otz chat is saying it'll be a hotfix in a few weeks

Kwolok posted:

Not according to the patch notes

Relyssa posted:

Patch notes are up and seems like this is not the case.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Apparently this was the roadmap from the stream.

They're remaking The Onryo again? WTF.
"Solution to three gens" sounds kinda crappy. I swear to god it's going to gently caress killers over super hard if (when) they don't rebalance the game in any way to account for the fact it's going away.

E:

"The 3 gen mechanic seems to work on some sort of detection system that detects if the killer is playing for a 3 gen or not, but won't affect normal gameplay"

Yeah. Cool beans. Can't have a situation where survivors can't just genrush in two minutes flat without a care in the world.

E:

Oh and Save the Best For Last "updates". Wanna bet that's gonna mean "nerfed to the loving ground"?

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Nov 28, 2023

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
also no touchin' slinger. I played for the first time in a long while the other day, and played one game as Deathslinger and it just felt super bad.

I can't check for a while, so gonna dare to ask: how much does Tiffany cost?

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

L.U.I.G.I posted:

I wish to point out that you have a divided by zero error in Red Forest and Dvarka Deepwood.

That's because I never got sent there, so the column doing the map offering math is doing it with a bunch of zeroes.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Their solution will definitely be more stuff like Badham where the gens are all separated across the map and on different floors from each other

Edit: Or that, that's fun too

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 28, 2023

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Did they say what the three-gen solution actually does? Is it just detecting it for data purposes or does something happen?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Apparently this was the roadmap from the stream.

They're remaking The Onryo again? WTF.
"Solution to three gens" sounds kinda crappy. I swear to god it's going to gently caress killers over super hard if (when) they don't rebalance the game in any way to account for the fact it's going away.

E:

"The 3 gen mechanic seems to work on some sort of detection system that detects if the killer is playing for a 3 gen or not, but won't affect normal gameplay"

Yeah. Cool beans. Can't have a situation where survivors can't just genrush in two minutes flat without a care in the world.

E:

Oh and Save the Best For Last "updates". Wanna bet that's gonna mean "nerfed to the loving ground"?

Sadako needs another rework. She just slaughters pub groups and even does work on SWFs. I haven't had less than a 3k since the change, she's way too OP.

And yeah, STBFL is gonna get nerfed to oblivion. Will be interesting to see what Shadowborn is once the FOV slider is in place.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Medullah posted:

Sadako needs another rework. She just slaughters pub groups and even does work on SWFs. I haven't had less than a 3k since the change, she's way too OP.

I don't necessarily disagree, but it's a big comical that they keep doing this. It's not more than a few months when it shockingly turned out that "killer who is only good at camping a 3 gen" was good at camping a 3 gen and that wasn't fun, so she had to be reworked a few months after launch. And then apparently nobody at BHVR figured out that Onryo was going to be frustrating to play against, nor paid any attention to the test servers, and here we are again.

It's just incompetence. Possibly brought on by the need to constantly rush from one thing to the next, but it's not great, whatever the cause. Combined with their obvious Excel balancing it's just kinda hard to have much faith in them as devs.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 28, 2023

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I don't necessarily disagree, but it's a big comical that they keep doing this. It's not more than a few months when it shockingly turned out that "killer who is only good at camping a 3 gen" was good at camping a 3 gen and that wasn't fun, so she had to be reworked a few months after launch. And then apparently nobody at BHVR figured out that Onryo was going to be strong, nor paid any attention to the test servers, and here we are again.

It's just incompetence. Possibly brought on by the need to constantly rush from one thing to the next, but it's not great, whatever the cause. Combined with their obvious Excel balancing it's just kinda hard to have much faith in them as devs.

Well I mean, even in this thread we get the people that say "Sadako is easy, just get a tape dummy" so it's not out of the realm of possibility that they didn't realize how tough she'd be.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Codes STEELSERIES and ELGATO will get you 50k BP each. Not much but it's free points I guess.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Wait, there's not even a default badge or banner in the game... at all? You just have an empty square there?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Pig no longer holds a RBT on the lobby, so she has a new more upright stance when looking out at the campfire. It weirds me out for reasons I can't put my finger on.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I really wish the devs would just come out and say "we expect killers to get 1-2 kills for a good game and a 4k is a mark of either extraordinary skill or luck". Patrolling over large swaths of the map is just not practical, and all the marking perks in the world can't increase your base walking speed. Batteries Not Included seems like it would basically become mandatory at a certain point.

Like if the goal is to chase people around a while, hook one or two (MAYBE three) and then pat them on the head as they run out the door then that's fine. It's practically thematic for how the plot is set up. But it's still a shift in expectations.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Medullah posted:

Well I mean, even in this thread we get the people that say "Sadako is easy, just get a tape dummy" so it's not out of the realm of possibility that they didn't realize how tough she'd be.

Sadako is still really easy if you just get a tape... She is only really good at running down a single survivor, and even then she isn't any better at tunneling than nurse, blight or wesker.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Kwolok posted:

Sadako is still really easy if you just get a tape... She is only really good at running down a single survivor, and even then she isn't any better at tunneling than nurse, blight or wesker.

I unironically think that's part of the problem, which is why I said I don't necessarily disagree with Sadako needing a rework. I think some people are just stubborn and want to play against every killer the same way and when that doesn't work, they yell on Reddit about it.

Of course that doesn't mean Sadako doesn't need some tuning, but when they say rework, I'm afraid they're gonna gut her to the ground.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kwolok posted:

As I've said a billion times in this discussion,, "Just get a tape" isn't always as easy as it seems. I'm a Sadako main, my MMR is high on her so I get skilled players, and I just wallop them. Especially if she runs any add ons like Mother's Comb, which should be an Iri at this point. It's not so easy to just find a TV that has a tape available.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Medullah posted:

As I've said a billion times in this discussion,, "Just get a tape" isn't always as easy as it seems. I'm a Sadako main, my MMR is high on her so I get skilled players, and I just wallop them. Especially if she runs any add ons like Mother's Comb, which should be an Iri at this point. It's not so easy to just find a TV that has a tape available.

I don't fully disagree with this, but a killer playing well and sometimes having advantage is not the same as she is over powered. (I play a TON of sadako too, she is one of my favs). Like yes, when playing her to her full potential, you can put out a fair amount of pressure on survivors via tv's, but if survivors manage to get tvs and tapes early or even find ways to reset after pressure, she deflates pretty quick. Is she still strong in the right hands? Yeah. Is her strength more often than not the result of poor survivor performance rather than her playing well? Also yes.

That being said, it feels awful to play against her with baby survivors on your team because it is an absolute low-mid tier poo poo stomper.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Medullah posted:

just get a tape bro, gg ez

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Medullah posted:

Thank you for the heads up on this!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Are custom matches broken, or did they change how you play bot matches? I figured I'd try to get a feel for Chucky's charge against bots, and it's just sitting there for ~5 minutes now.

E: that was a vague description: I pressed the "go" button and it's just sitting there like it's trying to matchmake me, with only a cancel button available.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Nov 28, 2023

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Are custom matches broken, or did they change how you play bot matches? I figured I'd try to get a feel for Chucky's charge against bots, and it's just sitting there for ~5 minutes now.

E: that was a vague description: I pressed the "go" button and it's just sitting there like it's trying to matchmake me, with only a cancel button available.

Just tried one and it loaded up just fine for me.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Medullah posted:

Just tried one and it loaded up just fine for me.

They must've read my posts and put me on a secret shitlist.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

More BP codes - GFUEL and ALIENWARE (not sure if this one is BP, said I already used it).

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Medullah posted:

More BP codes - GFUEL and ALIENWARE (not sure if this one is BP, said I already used it).

50k each

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Running away from/looping Chucky as survivor is way more disorienting than I thought it would be. Just had a match against one that was so determined to mori me they worked their way through a DS and two OTRs just to kill me first.