Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Oh Lord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Pray for Monty Williams. This pistons roster is the biggest tragedy of his life - and it’s not close

10m a year tragedy that he's adding to with weird rear end lineup decisions

I won't cry for him

Frankly I have no idea what the plan was from Troy Weaver. Bring the same team as last year + ausar, sasser, and monte morris and just see what happens under a different coach?

Like they could just want to tank for several more years until the NBA allows them a high enough pick to choose one. It could be that simple and we're all overthinking it, while the fit and spacing are poo poo to emphasize losing. But what do I know I'm only one of the most incredible basketball minds of a generation

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

weird rear end lineup decisions

Oh god, he loves that poo poo. I’ll never say an unkind thing about Monty but I don’t miss that.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Metapod posted:

Poole is in year 1 of a 4 year $128,000,000 deal

hehe

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
The Knicks need to make it to the tournament. SAS melting down over the Knicks getting knocked out while Barkley just feeds quarters into him would be amazing.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Dejan Bimble posted:

I won't cry for him

Frankly I have no idea what the plan was from Troy Weaver. Bring the same team as last year + ausar, sasser, and monte morris and just see what happens under a different coach?

Like they could just want to tank for several more years until the NBA allows them a high enough pick to choose one. It could be that simple and we're all overthinking it, while the fit and spacing are poo poo to emphasize losing. But what do I know I'm only one of the most incredible basketball minds of a generation

I think in general their young guys had shown enough (except Killian) that it was probably smart to let them cook and see if someone popped with another year of seasoning and improved coaching. Adding Sarr or whoever to this core probably won’t change the big picture much but on the other hand I don’t know who they could have signed in the summer that would have either

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Sometimes on the Hawks broadcasts Dominique Wilkins will make a joke that hes gonna suit up at halftime and join the team on the court to help out. I mean its funny but it also bums me out.

Can you imagine Trae instead of Doc in the 80s? Would maybe have made it to the Finals.

Can you imagine prime Dominique on this Hawks squad? It would be so beautiful

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

morestuff posted:

I think in general their young guys had shown enough (except Killian) that it was probably smart to let them cook and see if someone popped with another year of seasoning and improved coaching. Adding Sarr or whoever to this core probably won’t change the big picture much but on the other hand I don’t know who they could have signed in the summer that would have either

Yeah their best shot unfortunately was getting Wembanyama. The only silver lining so far is that Ausar seems more immediately ready than the guys picked in between them, but he also might just be Matisse Thybulle with a huge vert.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

Anytime I see a video with Charles Barkley I watch it.
And this one has Kenny to instigate, Shaq to follow up. And Stephen A Smith is there to bring his beautiful big ego and manipulative argument tactics.

I cant wait.

I desperately now want the finals to be like Timberwolves Pacers so we can hear them bullshit about teams that they just barely ever watch if at all.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lockback posted:

I was trying to figure out what you were referring to since Cade wasn't on the World Cup team. You mean the select team? Those were just scrimmages and not exactly a well put together roster. The other standout was.... Jalen Duran, who's also a piston.

I feel like a guy has to show more than summer scrimmages.

It is small sample size but he looked good surrounded by good players. Dokmo is right though that we never see him play D in the NBA.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yeah their best shot unfortunately was getting Wembanyama. The only silver lining so far is that Ausar seems more immediately ready than the guys picked in between them, but he also might just be Matisse Thybulle with a huge vert.

He's better than Thybulle was at this point (who was a 22 year old rookie), but on the other hand Ausar really has a lot to learn and put together.

All that said, I was kind of down on Ausar but while I knew he'd be athletic right out of the gate he looks better than I expected, and he's showing more defense and hustle than I thought he would so that's a really good sign.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It took me a while to warm to the twins because OE is a total joke and they did not look great there, even if you could very clearly see amazing physical ability .

They both look better in the NBA.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Dejan Bimble posted:

I won't cry for him

Thanks for taking my hilarious joke seriously. Monty’s lineups were frequently strange in Phoenix after the KD trade, he tried a bunch of different stuff in the regular season which was fine but then his playoff rotations were real odd

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ScottAgness/status/1729610514529944017

feel like poo poo just want him back

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Wish I could find the rest of this interview as it cuts off early:

https://x.com/swishcultures_/status/1729604296650453010?s=20

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

LionYeti posted:

I desperately now want the finals to be like Timberwolves Pacers so we can hear them bullshit about teams that they just barely ever watch if at all.

Pacers is easy. All offense, no defense, Tyrese Haliburton is an MVP candidate.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

hahahahahahahahahahaha

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Squinky v2.0 posted:

https://i.imgur.com/1oFD0XJ.mp4

this possession ends on a Poole travel

He’s one of the best shows in the nba right now

When in the game was this?

Edit: Nevermind.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 28, 2023

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lol

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

This team could use the punch clock tbh.

edit:

I cannot loving believe this, along with the player mutiny actually happened. I hate this stupid basketball organization that I love

Dexo fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 28, 2023

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I shittu not

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The Bulls are such a bummer team to know about and read about. If you’re gonna be a bad team at least be funny like Washington.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
can someone post THE boylen picture please.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Boylen montage
https://twitter.com/usabasketball/status/1729611551944900633?t=Z2keJ21FUTWg6Hl1CXEIKQ&s=19

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Say what you want about JimBoy but if he was coaching the Pistons they'd have at least 2 more wins and probably 4 more players only meetings.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Dexo posted:

This team could use the punch clock tbh.

edit:

I cannot loving believe this, along with the player mutiny actually happened. I hate this stupid basketball organization that I love

Only just now am I noticing the handwritten punch cards for two-way players Milton Doyle, Perrion Callandret, and Simi Shittu

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

I realize almost everything about Jim Boylen is funny but also it's pretty clear he works his drat rear end off, good for him

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Algund Eenboom posted:

Only just now am I noticing the handwritten punch cards for two-way players Milton Doyle, Perrion Callandret, and Simi Shittu

Perrion Callandret is my imaginary friend how did he get in there

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1729638910496510456

cyber dust sent this man into poverty

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Most Shark Tank deals are big stinkers that cost him liquid assets but what really hit him was a failed bank that he's claiming only had a couple mil in but is suddenly selling off assets hmm

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Can I blame/celebrate Bitcoin for this

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

NFTs are actually good now

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

https://x.com/shamscharania/status/1729648507034759400?s=46
Man, why does he get to make decisions still? At least the owners won’t be broke due to crypto but the best part of a new owner would have been Cuban not making decisions.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I am also willing to run a team without paying for it.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

I somehow missed that he would wear a literal hardhat in the locker room. Does he also have a lunch pail?

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
Selling broadcast.com just as the internet is taking off? Looks like somebody has some beanie baby losses to cover.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Oh wait I didn't even see it was the Adelsons buying the team. They're insanely gigantic pieces of poo poo and one of the main donors of Trump

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I hate this team

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I gotta say I am not pleased to have my team owned by the Adelson family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

I wonder how Kyrie will react considering the Adelsons advocated for nuking Iran.