Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

A theme restaurant with like wizards and poo poo is totally recession proof!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
The enterprise was the work of Geoffrey Thaddeus Constantine Balch and partner Andrea Ravnholm,

And here I thought the AFK Tavern in Everett wsa going to be the least successful nerd pub in the Seattle metro area. At least that one lasted like 10 years

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

There was also a "not actually Harry Potter" Harry Potter bar in Toronto, called "The Lockheart", that was almost exactly 1 mile away from GarfieldEATs, two main streets south of it on the closest north/south road. It was on its way out prior to the pandemic, IIRC, but the lockdowns put the nails in its coffin and it shut down in July 2021: https://www.blogto.com/bars/lockhart-toronto/

I went there once, I guess it was aggressively fine. The cocktails were quite cheap for 2016-era Toronto when it first opened ($8 drinks), and googling it shows that even around closing-era the drinks were both cheap ($11CAD-ish?) and boring, though that kind of thing is super inflated compared to even 3 years ago (when cocktails at most places that were any good went from $12-15 to now $16-20).

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

https://www.tokyoweekender.com/art_and_culture/tokyo-themed-cafes-anime/
https://www.paselaresorts.com/collaboration/luidas_bar/menu.html
https://hpcafe.jp/

and more more more

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Did someone post the SpongeBob restaurant in here? It was actually good, wildly successful (albeit overpriced) and was promptly sued into oblivion by Viacom because they didn’t bother with a license.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Bob HadababyEATSaboy

jesus christ

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Frank Frank posted:

Did someone post the SpongeBob restaurant in here? It was actually good, wildly successful (albeit overpriced) and was promptly sued into oblivion by Viacom because they didn’t bother with a license.

BrownEATS or BoognishEATS Big Cow Lasagna

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Pimp to EATS

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
EATS-a-me Mario (not the Chris Pratt version)

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
HE DIDN'T FORGET ABOUT NATHFIELD

https://x.com/theNathfield/status/1729380364366348510?s=20

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

mediaphage posted:

lol yeah sounds like people who didn't know what they were doing which is all too common (thus perfect for this thread)

but i can imagine that the difference between an actual harry potter restaurant and the wish.com version is a lot of traffic

You ain't kidding

quote:

“As far as just building out the building, technology has been the biggest nightmare,” Balch said in October 2021 as he grumbled about the digital reservation and point-of-sale-system giving him headaches. “Honestly, we don’t like technology. Magic is better.”

:neckbeard: warm your vocal cords up Frank Frank, it's rendition time!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

The obvious endgame here is that he becomes so famous that he can open a restaurant called NathenEATS, and it serves pizzas that are 50% hair, 50% botox

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
His podcasts are truly deranged. Maybe the worst podcast I’ve ever listened to. Looking forward to ep 4

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Seth Pecksniff posted:

As a generic white guy who can speak English, I have a spot on Chris Pratt impression.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
O.K. now someone whose real name is World's Current Youngest Garfield Licensee please sponsor that episode

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Seth Pecksniff posted:

You ain't kidding

I legit would pay $10 for Nathfield characters to thank Frank Frank for his support.

I donno if I would pay more than $10, but man it would be a great value for $10.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

:siren: oh poo poo :siren:
I’ll do another write-up if he actually follows through. Also lmao @ “fanvestor”. Personally, I would have gone with “funvestor”.

If only we didn’t have a rule about poop touching; I am insanely curious how much he “needs” per episode.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

:siren: oh poo poo :siren:
If only we didn’t have a rule about poop touching; I am insanely curious how much he “needs” per episode.

That would depend on how much Nathen pays the actors and sound person.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

BigBadSteve posted:

That would depend on how much Nathen pays the actors and sound person.

I can't imagine him paying anyone with anything other than imaginary currency like "Garfbux"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Frank Frank posted:

I can't imagine him paying anyone with anything other than imaginary currency like "Garfbux"

20 garfbux = 1 big cow lasagnacoin
20 big cow lasagnacoin = 1 Archangel GabbyEATS coin

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

MrQwerty posted:

20 garfbux = 1 big cow lasagnacoin
20 big cow lasagnacoin = 1 Archangel GabbyEATS coin

This is still more useful than cryptocurrency.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
BraveNewWorldEATS

he even has the drug connections to make this work

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Yo, how many semi-trucks full of cocaine do you have to have backup your driveway in a 24 hour period to actually think opening a Scott Pilgrim-themed restaurant is a good idea?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
at this rate he'll eventually have 7 ex-restaurants to haunt him and any future suitors

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Drunk Nerds posted:

Yo, how many semi-trucks full of cocaine do you have to have backup your driveway in a 24 hour period to actually think opening a Scott Pilgrim-themed restaurant is a good idea?

Lol that probably takes less than a half gram in a day for most people

Restaurants are the ultimate business forbidden fruit

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Drunk Nerds posted:

he has no idea what it is, he's just like "oh this anime thing is making waves online"

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I think it’s dumber than that. I think it popped up on his Netflix as “#1”

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1729509712306040874

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
This game has the worst loading screen tips

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

MrQwerty posted:

Lol that probably takes less than a half gram in a day for most people

Restaurants are the ultimate business forbidden fruit

Please have your dealer call me.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1729702123263131737?t=fXKpgU0Cja7o1MgJ7WZInQ&s=19

How the gently caress does he always have something else?

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
He is like a walking "that guy" when you watch Shark Tank.

Is it the cool idea? A family owned company? Nope, it's THAT GUY, and he has some bullshit to sell ya.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Taking down Big Mint.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I'd be way more likely to buy those mints if they had some licensed character associated with them.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Isn’t “cleanses breath, freshens gut” the wrong way round?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

thank god finally some innovation from the mint and gum industry

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
MINTintins

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Using this as an excuse to post Mclusky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TStEWrHhlUE

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Yeah, but is it cowboy cut?