Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It runs well, there’s a game stopping bug early on if you’re running at 60fps, I can’t remember the exact details but it’s like one bit of traversal where you need to cap at 30 and then it should be fine from there on.

Good call, I looked it up and it looks like I need to lock it to 30 for the cutscene after the first boss fight. I’ve been meaning to play bloodstained but have been putting it off, how twitchy is it? I may try to stream it to my portal but, judging by how it handles hollow knight, if you move the dpad from left to right really fast without releasing it the dpad stops working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I wish Dead Cells didn't use 3D models because the load times are annoying. I'm still playing it constantly BUT STILL.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the new postgame bosses in smrpg are all so good! just beat the last one and i'm glad that 25 year old joke finally got a payoff

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Paper Mario (N64) is great, truly. But better than the GOAT, TTYD? Nah.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It is.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
PM1 has more charm, better music, better level design, better peach segments. The only thing TTYD has over it is that you start with timed hits and some of the partners are cooler than their PM1 equivalents

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

mastajake posted:

OG is 100% the Goat

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

The only things TTYD did better was more badges, a good endgame challenge, and 60 fps

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I don't really like at least half of Paper Mario 1's level design. Music's okay, I guess, not really an all-timer for me but I do have the OST through Nintendo Power (redeemed years of subscription points before I lost them and Paper Mario and Banjo Kazooie soundtracks seemed like my best options at the time.)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

maybeadracula posted:

The thing that made the in-game art unforgettable is that it was too early to be fully goku-ized thank god

the anime cutscenes for Chrono Trigger didn't look bad because they were "full Goku-ized" they looked bad because they were made my toei during the Dragon Ball GT era and used the same style a GT

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I think TTYD has more charm and fun twists, pretty much every chapter does something weird and different. PM1 is more straightforward. They're both good games.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Augus posted:

the anime cutscenes for Chrono Trigger didn't look bad because they were "full Goku-ized" they looked bad because they were made my toei during the Dragon Ball GT era and used the same style a GT

they also owned

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

mastajake posted:

Super Paper Mario is the GOAT, best story, best gameplay

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

OG Paper Mario, TTYD and Super Paper Mario are all good games. Sticker Star is a legitimately bad game and be buried within Nintendo's vault.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

could never get into the art style of paper mario but I loved the Mario & Luigi games

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mr.Acula posted:

could never get into the art style of paper mario

buh?

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

i dont like the whole flat thing

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Rip Alphadream

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

symbolic posted:

they also owned

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I'm playing Mario Odyssey for the first time, 6 years late to the party. Having disliked SM64 even as a kid, I skipped all of the later 3D Marios up until now, but I'm really enjoying Odyssey. I can plow through a kingdom or two a day, though I'm playing mostly on my days off so I'm not really going as fast as that math would make it seem :classiclol:.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Mr.Acula posted:

could never get into the art style of paper mario but I loved the Mario & Luigi games

o_O

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I missed this earlier: there's a Wario ware: move it maximus this weekend

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1729304290303344983?t=q8jYbE4bzBvV1wV0PdQfZQ&s=19

Additionally, a get it together theme is available now for purchase via tickets

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1729305362195452037?t=SQn-2-NOGJCi0qbD9z2jFg&s=19

So Wario ware this weekend, Mario Wonder maximus is 12-4 through 12-18

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Maybe this has been posted before but if not a new gameplay trailer for the Batman trilogy has come out

https://youtu.be/NLZA6ayFYKs

I am hoping that the performance is decent, in that case I’m picking this up immediately on release. If also Outer Wilds performs okayishly then December will be a real nice month for gaming.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Outer Wilds is awesome, and I highly recommend it.

That said, I'm not sure about playing it handheld. Not because of the controls, it's intended for a controller, but because you spend a lot of time reading text which is already kind of small.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Star posted:

Maybe this has been posted before but if not a new gameplay trailer for the Batman trilogy has come out

https://youtu.be/NLZA6ayFYKs

I am hoping that the performance is decent, in that case I’m picking this up immediately on release. If also Outer Wilds performs okayishly then December will be a real nice month for gaming.

I still can't believe they're putting Arkham Knight on the Switch, when it was barely able to run at 30 on the PlayStation 4.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

arkham knight is still one of the best looking games ever made, it's crazy how well it holds up

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

arkham knight is still one of the best looking games ever made, it's crazy how well it holds up

Sure, but it never came out for Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, which is where the Switch sits, power-wise.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
New Professor Layton trailer dropped. I do not love the new look of Luke nor that the game is set after Unwound Future, which I thought was a nice bow on the Layton series. Should've stuck with Katrielle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lap19DzT_Co

More importantly, the trailer says the game is scheduled for release in 2025 on the Nintendo Switch. To me, it's likely that the original Switch will still get support like the Wii and DS did after a new console releases, though it's also possible that no new Switch is coming or that the game is being made for the Switch 2 as well.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

started Mario Odyssey, there's a total of 999 power moons?! the gently caress, that's just excessive.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That’s just what the counter maxes out at. There are 830 unique moons but you only need about 500 to get to the final challenge

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Mister Facetious posted:

Sure, but it never came out for Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, which is where the Switch sits, power-wise.

It's never this cut and dry to compare between consoles, especially given that the Switch has 4GB of unified RAM, vs the 360's 512MB and PS3's 256MB of VRAM.

The Wii U was about as powerful as a 360 (with 4x as much RAM), and the Switch is more powerful than the WiiU.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

This is more important right now. Summer 2024.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYoV47qgED8

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The before looks better

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Twerk from Home posted:

It's never this cut and dry to compare between consoles, especially given that the Switch has 4GB of unified RAM, vs the 360's 512MB and PS3's 256MB of VRAM.

The Wii U was about as powerful as a 360 (with 4x as much RAM), and the Switch is more powerful than the WiiU.

Except it's been downclocked for thermals and battery life. Also the ram that's used is pretty slow, as overclocking launch switches show a marked improvement in fps, frame times, how often dynamic scaling kicks in, etc.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 29, 2023

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Mister Facetious posted:

Except it's been downclocked for thermals and battery life. Also the ram that's used is pretty slow, as overclocking launch switches show a marked improvement in fps, frame times, how often dynamic scaling kicks in, etc.

What I'm getting at is that a Switch may not be particularly fast, but it's not an Xbox 360 from 2005 and I don't think that comparison is super useful.

I'm sure Arkham Knight is going to be low-res, though!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Twerk from Home posted:

What I'm getting at is that a Switch may not be particularly fast, but it's not an Xbox 360 from 2005 and I don't think that comparison is super useful.

Except there's a number of games you can point to that have been ports of the 360/ps3 gen that show only mild (5-20% increase in fps, 720 to 1080 with the same fps), or no graphical improvement whatsoever.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Thats just Lazy Devs

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

hatty posted:

Thats just Lazy Devs

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hatty posted:

Thats just Lazy Devs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

glassyalabolas posted:

This is more important right now. Summer 2024.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYoV47qgED8

Oh gently caress gently caress gently caress. I was at work and the video didn't embed on the Awful App (still hasn't even on my computer!) so I had to click that to see what it was and gently caress THIS GAME IS GOING TO CONSUME MY LIFE.

Farmer was one job I thought was curiously absent from the first game and they went and added that! Man I can't wait to play it!