Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

yea ok posted:

wrestletix has an estimate of ~27k tickets sold for all in

That seems like a pretty good start so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

yeah im thinking were back

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

yea ok posted:

wrestletix has an estimate of ~27k tickets sold for all in

Nice, more than I expected.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Held up pretty well

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

This would rule

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

lmaooo

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

I liked QTV!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Quantum of Phallus posted:

WWE’s blurays are really really good. I’d love some AEW sets.

I'd definitely buy a bluray of every ppv, especially if they were at 60fps or whatever since I never see it at the high framerate on fire.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I also liked QTV but 'not a productive part of Powerhouse Hobbs’ presentation' is a massive understatement and also hard to say five times fast

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

There was a time people acted like the rumors about Punk being a little baby couldn't possibly be true because the rumors mentioned Tony visiting Punk's LA residence and obviously Chicago Man can't have a LA residence. And now he's forced to work for the Blood Money company to pay for his LA residence.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
QTV was better without Hobbs yeah, the other three were fun together.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

There was a time people acted like the rumors about Punk being a little baby couldn't possibly be true because the rumors mentioned Tony visiting Punk's LA residence and obviously Chicago Man can't have a LA residence. And now he's forced to work for the Blood Money company to pay for his LA residence.

I have never doubted CM Punk's hometown of LA.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Hobbs showing up in QTV every week looked like he was trapped in the TV like John Ritter in Stay Tuned

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Hobbs was a bad fit for QTV but once Morrison showed up they were really cooking some weeks. They should've used Taya as their heater instead of Hobbs.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Speaking of, what happened to taya?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Nothing in particular, just off TV while (I'm guessing) they figure out what to do with her

The gimmick of "loses every big match" didn't catch fire like they expected

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Hobbs showing up in QTV every week looked like he was trapped in the TV like John Ritter in Stay Tuned

I appreciate this reference so so much

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Nothing in particular, just off TV while (I'm guessing) they figure out what to do with her

Maybe she's injured, but her matches being fairly bad certainly didnt help her case for getting more TV time

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Maduo posted:

I also liked QTV but 'not a productive part of Powerhouse Hobbs’ presentation' is a massive understatement and also hard to say five times fast

qtv was a fun little jobber stable and johnny TV is just fun to say, but it had big time loser stink and shouldn't be near anyone with major potential

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Barry Bluejeans posted:

seems like the concept of having more than one women's match on every show could solve this.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Had to update the original image from last year's goldmined thread

I wanted to do the scene from Godfather where Abe Vigoda knows he's about to be whacked and asks Robert Duvall to get him off the hook for old time's sake, but it doesn't work visually.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Sir Tonk posted:

seems like the concept of having more than one women's match on every show could solve this.

If a second women's match means Taya Valkyrie I'm seriously questioning the importance of the first women's match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sir Tonk posted:

She was really bad so they cycled her to dark matches and she's doing indie dates.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Sir Tonk posted:

Minor spoiler but she’s back with Johnny TV as of the ROH tapings from this weekend. She does something pretty cool, I think they’re setting her up as Johnny’s muscle.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
Hobbs was not benefitted by QTV except that it got him back on TV in an angle at a time when it was hard for him to get TV time at all. Should've been a better route to that destination, though.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Taya also seems to be involved in a lot of the community outreach stuff they do, so she’s at least doing that too

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I can't hate Hobbs in QTV that much because it was better than anything Hobbs was trying.

His current thing with Don is his best AEW work and arguably the first good gimmick

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gumball Gumption posted:

I can't hate Hobbs in QTV that much because it was better than anything Hobbs was trying.

His current thing with Don is his best AEW work and arguably the first good gimmick

His initial heel turn and sneerface and being a monster in team taz was pretty cool imo

Didnt lead anywhere but lots of stuff didnt lead anywhere

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rotinaj posted:

His initial heel turn and sneerface and being a monster in team taz was pretty cool imo

Didnt lead anywhere but lots of stuff didnt lead anywhere

It led to a really great stable and then a good feud with him and Ricky in the end.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Trading Punk for Danielson is probably the biggest no brainer in history

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

oh so now we are all in favor of the wrestlers court??

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
#takerwas right #standupforvets

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Suplex Liberace posted:

oh so now we are all in favor of the wrestlers court??

well undertaker is a nerd and Danielson is cool so

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

It led to a really great stable and then a good feud with him and Ricky in the end.

agree

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Eat My Fuc fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Nov 29, 2023

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lmao

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Give us Cabana! Cabana!

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Nov 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Thank god I got it to actually post I was so mad Imigur is down or something. The way Punk was staring the whole time started to make me feel like I was looking at the scary rear end painting from Ghostbusters