Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

toasterwarrior posted:

oh it's another of you drg cultists. i swear, for such a successful game it sure breeds the most defensive and pushy fans, like fuckin jehova's witnesses butting into everywhere and making everything about their ugly rear end game like they need to justify their fandom

You are awfully mad about super innocuous contributions to the discussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
look, im sorry you feel bad about paying 10 bucks for some cheap recolor of a quake 1 era model because you wanted to suck off the danish game devs but turns out the communist chinese are better artists. you can say rock and stone to yourself to feel better, this is a safe space

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Arc Hammer posted:

Is there a mod that replaces the dreg cultist audio with the cultists combat barks from Blood? Modern Arts and Fear Books!

Oh god please. I would pay money at the shop for this

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

toasterwarrior posted:

look, im sorry you feel bad about paying 10 bucks for some cheap recolor of a quake 1 era model because you wanted to suck off the danish game devs but turns out the communist chinese are better artists. you can say rock and stone to yourself to feel better, this is a safe space

Sorry bro I didn't realize you were going through something, good luck man.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

JBP posted:

Space marines own.

Come back to me when I can have female space marines.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

The ogryn cluster grenade except it's happening all the time.

I think Field Improvisation for Veteran is broken. The grenade pickup from ammo crates works fine but the medipac doesn't clear corruption properly. If you have a wound it won't clear the corruption bar.

That’s intended behavior for any of the corruption recovering abilities. Partially filled wounds get cleared, but fully filled wounds require the Medicae to clear. Doesn’t matter if the wound was filled because of getting downed or because of corruption ticks.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Shuka posted:

With regards to cosmetics, fatshark is owned by tencent. It might be hard to see the fingerprints but they are there. Tencent is a very powerful Chinese State run media company.

My dude Tencent if anything is rather hands off with the monetization of a ton of games. EA is significantly worse. This is just bog standard sinophobic fearmongering.

Like, if you actually look at their history, they just find already successful studios and just buy a portion of it so they can have a piece of the pie. They don't seem to be encouraging rampant monetization, any moreso than other significantly predatory western publishing companies have, like Activision, Ubisoft, EA, etc.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
After doing testing with Haymaker on the ogyn club, it is a pretty good pickup for extra crowd clearing and adding some gambling into the game, great against mixed crowds filled with maulers and ragers or a lucky mutant 1 shot.

Testing in the meatgrinder showed that Ogyn do not in fact count as human sized, Chaos warriors did so I thought it would of been the case.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

skaianDestiny posted:

My dude Tencent if anything is rather hands off with the monetization of a ton of games. EA is significantly worse. This is just bog standard sinophobic fearmongering.

Tencent was started as a social media company, and is arguably the world's largest gaming company. I'm super curious where you got sinophobic from my super basic statements.

Its been neat watching this thread complain about lovely expensive cosmetics, and then getting personally offended when someone says the developer is owned by the world's largest gaming company, that is a State Run Media Organization. Game on brothers

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Shuka posted:

Tencent was started as a social media company, and is arguably the world's largest gaming company. I'm super curious where you got sinophobic from my super basic statements.

Its been neat watching this thread complain about lovely expensive cosmetics, and then getting personally offended when someone says the developer is owned by the world's largest gaming company, that is a State Run Media Organization. Game on brothers

"This thread" famously one person.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Computer, can you generate a nude Space Marine?

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Shuka posted:

I don't remember saying anything about GW, or that the two things would be mutually exclusive. If anything it's compounding.

You could have totally added to the convo without white knighting for tencent with a straw man argument my friend.

I did add to the conversation: I reminded you Games Workshop was involved whereas you completely omitted their existence and laid the entirety of the blame on Tencent.

How about some evidence to back up your claims rather than a nebulous "they are Chinese so they're bad"? Simply putting money in doesn't mean anything, because drat near every developer in the world has outside stakeholders waiting for their payout. It's rare that those stakeholders get to determine actual policy. Meanwhile it's well known that GW manages anything related to the 40k license with an iron fist.

Accusing me of a straw man is rich when you're the one ignoring the obvious culprit to blame Tencent.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I wasn't feeling the Thunderhammer as much as I was hoping and switched to a heavy Eviscerator that popped up in the store w/ the flamer (and I realized right mouse button lets be do the spray fire) + getting the stunlock grenade and HOLY gently caress!!!!!

Zealot just feels so good. Last mission (scrub for most of you I'm sure) think it was difficulty 3? Anywho....door opens and it is a WALL of bad news bears. Horde w/ the heavy gunners behind them and a flamethrower guy. Just something that was like oh gently caress. Not great.
Charge into them w/ the melee weapon doing the Emperors work, pop a grenade charge in again (w/ the 2 charges for Fury of the faithful) and it's game over for all the mobs. It just felt RIGHT. Like....yeah. Juking attacks to pop Duelist for the weakspot + crit damage just had me mowing down mobs.

It just feels like SUCH a good combo. We had to do the survive part and I just flamethrower the hordes and charge into anything scary and go apeshit w/ the melee weapon. Like.....first time having that feeling like start to finish in a mission. Like, yeah. I get it and I'm bringing value to my team

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Shuka posted:

Okay what does being a state-run media organization have anything to do with encouraging predatory microtransactions? What specifically about that combination is soooo scary to you? Are you worried about your hard earned western money ending up in the hands of the spooky scary Chinese?

You're throwing out these accusations and yet aren't providing specific evidence for it other than "oooh Tencent scary, Tencent is the cause of all microtransactions, ignore every other western company that's just as if not worse."

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Arc Hammer posted:

The ogryn cluster grenade except it's happening all the time.

I think Field Improvisation for Veteran is broken. The grenade pickup from ammo crates works fine but the medipac doesn't clear corruption properly. If you have a wound it won't clear the corruption bar.

Pretty sure that's intentional it'll fill up any empty wounds and clear up the corruption from a partially corrupted wound but it can't cleanse a fully corrupted wound

Arc Hammer posted:

Is there a mod that replaces the dreg cultist audio with the cultists combat barks from Blood? Modern Arts and Fear Books!

This is a good idea, also they should get Caleb's VA to do a Reject voice whenever they get around to adding another class

toasterwarrior posted:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Bruh.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
"Hard" and not "Standard Practice"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Complexity high. Ogryn player.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Two or three games?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

(It's that I was two short of completion.)

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

tangy yet delightful posted:

I'm quite happy to let cosmetic whales fund my gaming experience,

I want to but they still won't add hazard stripe weapon cosmetics 😭

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I def wish they cycled faster :(

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Shuka posted:

I'm super curious where you got sinophobic from my super basic statements.

the world's largest gaming company, that is a State Run Media Organization.

See you did it again right there.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Which axe are you using, and what attack combination for hoard clearing?

Atrox tactical axe with +block +crit chance, headtaker, and shred. For fast weapons I honestly just use KeepSwinging to spam lights. Had too many times where my index finger hurt for a few days after long sessions. Also wore out a mouse.

I definitely notice it taking too long to clear hordes, but it's a team game and there are usually other people clearing hordes. Plus the immolation grenade if I really need to clear the area. Plus, you know, the chorus if I need to make space on short notice. It's pretty much constantly off cooldown with this build.

I guess I'm just saying it's not that straight-forward to declare something as non-viable at higher difficulties.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Hab Dreyko finale remains the most weirdly overtuned director mission. The first scanning section wasn't so bad but it turns out that just meant everything was saved for the finale. We had not 1, not 2, but 3 waves of 8 maulers; at least 5 waves of 4 ragers; the by-now-standard bombers hanging around up top lobbing grenades during the entire scanning because they won't show themselves; and just to top it all off 4 ragers coming out of each of the spawns doors at the end of the escape run.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I wish more finales had as dangerous a run to the exit as Dreyko, most maps it's just "ok you did the thing elevators over there"

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Kibayasu posted:

Hab Dreyko finale remains the most weirdly overtuned director mission. The first scanning section wasn't so bad but it turns out that just meant everything was saved for the finale. We had not 1, not 2, but 3 waves of 8 maulers; at least 5 waves of 4 ragers; the by-now-standard bombers hanging around up top lobbing grenades during the entire scanning because they won't show themselves; and just to top it all off 4 ragers coming out of each of the spawns doors at the end of the escape run.

I keep thinking there probably was a linear progression for some of missions during development. Like the missions that end in elevators would have been us fighting our way through the undercity, completing objectives, and moving to the next section. And Hab Dreyko would be the finale of the series ending with our reject asses finally getting pulled out of the fire.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I wish more finales had as dangerous a run to the exit as Dreyko, most maps it's just "ok you did the thing elevators over there"

I love the end of dreyko but I'm always the one that dies. I can't help myself and set up in a get some firing position with my lasrifle while the team escapes lmao.

.Z. posted:

I keep thinking there probably was a linear progression for some of missions during development. Like the missions that end in elevators would have been us fighting our way through the undercity, completing objectives, and moving to the next section. And Hab Dreyko would be the finale of the series ending with our reject asses finally getting pulled out of the fire.

I'm not sure how they'd do it, but I'd like it if they did a big expansion for it to have a stronger narrative that let you play through with your crew.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Does the stun immunity from Thy Wrath Be Swift apply to picking up fallen teammates?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Arc Hammer posted:

90% sure it only works on "normal" corruption from bursters, beasts, etc. Not even sure it works on grim corruption.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Since experience becomes useless after you hit level 30 it should be converted into a bonus for credits and materials, like say 50% of earned experience into credits and like 10% into Plasteel and Diamantine

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Fishstick posted:

90% sure it only works on "normal" corruption from bursters, beasts, etc. Not even sure it works on grim corruption.

Not sure why this is so mystifying.

All of the "remove corruption talents" (both the zealot aura and the vet med kit talent) do the following:
Clear all of your corruption that isn't a full wound of corruption.

So if you have a two wound health bar, and you take some corruption that is still in your first wound bar? Those things will clear it right up. You get downed (and now have 1 wound worth of corruption), those talents will do jack poo poo for dealing with that wound of corruption. They will clear any corruption in excess of that wound (again to another full bar of corruption, which in this case would mean your dead, so it's sort of moot).

Speaking of grimoires, those talents do allow you get clean off corruption (with the above stated stipulations), but each grim gives you a set amount of corruption that can't be cleared off (you can see this most noticeably when you use the medicae station to heal up). You can get a wound back if you destroy a grim, as destroying a grim does remove a fixed amount of corruption, ignoring wounds. You just lose a chunk of corruption, and if it puts you back under a wound threshold, that works.

Grims give you a static amount of corruption, and then a corruption DOT, basically. The anti-corruption talents/aura fight off the DOT, but not the static amount.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Shuka posted:

I don't remember saying anything about GW, or that the two things would be mutually exclusive. If anything it's compounding.

You could have totally added to the convo without white knighting for tencent with a straw man argument my friend.

Lol he isn't white knighting tencent you weirdo.

Shuka posted:

I'm super curious where you got sinophobic from my super basic statements.

Because it was. A lot of developers run by large corporations ram in annoying cosmetics to eeknout every possible dollar of profit from players because :capitalism:
Blizzard to this, EA do this, Ubisoft do this and yes Tencent do this.
But you keep bringing up tensent being Chinese as if it's the unique thing that's the ultimate cause. It's very clear you just don't like China.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Nov 29, 2023

uncalled for!
Dec 26, 2006

Tencent is state-run by nature of its origins in perfidious China, and exists in direct moral opposition to the humble teutonic virtues of European game companies

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Something for all the quickplay enjoyers out there - Carnival is no longer in constant rotation for all of the difficulties

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

While it was getting a little repetitive, it beats what we had before when new maps aunched and you couldn't play them.

PT 2 is early December isn't it? So maybe next week.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
wonder what chaos smough and ornstein got for us

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Mega Comrade posted:

While it was getting a little repetitive, it beats what we had before when new maps aunched and you couldn't play them.

PT 2 is early December isn't it? So maybe next week.

Ah that's cool. Is the new stuff an ongoing story through new missions?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

I think that's the intention, but honestly the story is so bare bones you would never notice.

They have done an excellent job at giving various characters depth, personalities and relationships through the huge number of voice interactions in the missions. But an actual overarching story?
Errrr there is a chaos outbreak on this planet, there was a traitor, they thought it might be you. It wasn't you..... And that's it?

For me it's definitely the weakest aspect of the game.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Nov 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

toasterwarrior posted:

Settle down