Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

PostNouveau posted:

Ultimately, trading up is unnatural and disgusting behavior that upsets the natural order of things, and teams that engage in it deserve what they get.

You should probably specify "to #1", because I don't think KC regrets their trade up at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

PostNouveau posted:

Ultimately, trading up is unnatural and disgusting behavior that upsets the natural order of things, and teams that engage in it deserve what they get.

We traded up for olave

And Ingram.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lol Todd Bowles

https://twitter.com/LedyardNFLDraft/status/1729619973318881577?t=uNpyOcSX8ntD1PgEjcropA&s=19

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

really queer Christmas posted:

We traded up for olave

And Ingram.

And Ricky Williams :colbert:

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

PostNouveau posted:

I know CJ Stroud looks a lot better so far, but I'm sure Stroud would also look like poo poo right now if he was playing on the Panthers.

It’s this

No QB is gonna look good when the pocket collapses every down before a receiver can get open downfield

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
https://x.com/KyleBaileyClub/status/1729545207786418636?s=20

Wild, if true.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Why would you ever RPO in the NFL with a four foot ten quarterback

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

GD_American posted:

Because the other team would never expect them to be dumb enough to do that, surely.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

GD_American posted:

He's four foot ten and a half if you measure in the morning <:mad:>

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

GD_American posted:

Why not? The handoff is the fun part of the RPO usually, right?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Imagine being so goddamned MBA-brained that you watched what a man more red in the face than the racist mascot of the team he coached did to RG3 and thought "the only mistake was drafting a QB that was too big to evade tackles"

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Ignoring the RPO specific thing, “it didn’t really fit his offensive system” is such a wild response from a dude whose offense is loving lifeless. Like don’t do RPOs but do something, do loving anything different. Like Steichen is up in Indy doing insanely creative poo poo, the goddamn Browns are running their offense with all gadget and trick plays. SHOW ANY CREATIVITY Reich, Jesus. Or just any indication that you are making real changes to the system when its clearly not working

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

RPO doesn't mean use your QB as a hammer necessarily. I think Sam Howell has the most RPO plays run this year and he only has 11 more carries than Bryce. Which is about one rush per week by this point.

Its also something Miles Sanders is intimately familiar with.

There are for sure concepts from that area the Panthers could run. Bryce should be doing more that kind of poo poo. You just don't want to use him as a goal line hammer.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Ignoring the RPO specific thing, “it didn’t really fit his offensive system” is such a wild response from a dude whose offense is loving lifeless. Like don’t do RPOs but do something, do loving anything different. Like Steichen is up in Indy doing insanely creative poo poo, the goddamn Browns are running their offense with all gadget and trick plays. SHOW ANY CREATIVITY Reich, Jesus. Or just any indication that you are making real changes to the system when its clearly not working

It sounds like to me that Reich was just done with everything and didn't give a poo poo at that point. Man really should have taken some more time off after getting fired from Indy before coming back to coaching; I dunno if it would have improved anything for him personally, but Carolina was clearly the wrong situation for him

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

This whole season kind of feels like Reich doing a work stoppage to protest Tepper forcing him to take the lil guy instead of the big strong armed pocket QB that he wanted. Obviously the more likely answer is that Reich is over the hill and too stubborn to change, but it’s much funnier to imagine that he just didn’t modify his offense at all in protest.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

This whole season kind of feels like Reich doing a work stoppage to protest Tepper forcing him to take the lil guy instead of the big strong armed pocket QB that he wanted. Obviously the more likely answer is that Reich is over the hill and too stubborn to change, but it’s much funnier to imagine that he just didn’t modify his offense at all in protest.

There's poo poo coming out now that as the year went on Reich increasingly ignored advice from Caldwell and Brown and doubled down on his own system and plays etc. I think it's coming more and more clear that Reich isn't some innocent victim here.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ignoring the RPO specific thing, “it didn’t really fit his offensive system” is such a wild response from a dude whose offense is loving lifeless.

I don’t think he believes Bryce can run it at this level. I think the real story will eventually be that once Bryce got to camp, the coaching staff realized what they’d actually drafted. There’s a reason Bryce was hidden in preseason.

BlindSite posted:

RPO doesn't mean use your QB as a hammer necessarily. I think Sam Howell has the most RPO plays run this year and he only has 11 more carries than Bryce. Which is about one rush per week by this point.

Howell also leads the league in sacks taken. And Bryce is staring down nine in the box because he doesn’t scare anyone with his arm

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

GD_American posted:

His lower center of gravity will make him harder to tackle :eng101:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Black Lighter posted:

His lower center of gravity will make him harder to tackle :eng101:

It’s like swinging at a mosquito. Airflows knocks him out of the way.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

GD_American posted:

Imagine being so goddamned MBA-brained that you watched what a man more red in the face than the racist mascot of the team he coached did to RG3 and thought "the only mistake was drafting a QB that was too big to evade tackles"

What does any of this mean?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

The Big Jesus posted:

What does any of this mean?

It was a drunk ramble. David Tepper is a rich idiot. Bryce Young is extremely short. Mike Shanahan wrecked his QB because he was angry the team owner drafted him.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I think I mentioned this but when I went to a game this year I gasped when I saw how small he is in person.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Don't worry, the Bucs will give Young back the confidence he's lost so far this year. Can't rush and can't cover so just what he needs. I'd be willing to bet he has a career high in passing yards this week.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Wow 248 whole yards. Watch out world.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs + Todd Monken + Jayden Daniels. Who says no?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wandler20 posted:

me, loudly

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rehire Wilks

Ask nicely for fields (they owe us)

Do exactly what the team was doing at the end of 2022

Run the ball 30 times a game and let fields just play action to, uh, hmmm….. Mike evans or something

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Hell to the no.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Oh my god.

After years of "Brees is short" I thought it was just another excuse to wave away the other ways Young might be inadequate but that is stark.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Free Gratis posted:

Oh my god.

After years of "Brees is short" I thought it was just another excuse to wave away the other ways Young might be inadequate but that is stark.

Reminds me of the second half of this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjlYFWLUDBQ

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Free Gratis posted:

Oh my god.

The weekly comments from game announcers about him missing throws because he can't see over the defense isn't trash talking, it's just brutal honesty.

e: it's also why he keeps getting sacked for huge losses, he has to drop back a lot further/roll out of the pocket a lot sooner to see downfield

Coasterphreak fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Nov 29, 2023

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'm still holding out hope that Vita Vea gets his hands on Bryce this week.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

wandler20 posted:

good news about the carolina line

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Me too.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

wandler20 posted:

gently caress. Yes.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

wandler20 posted:

Y’all stay away from Jayden, he’s too good for you.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Y’all stay away from Jayden, he’s too good for you.

We’ll treat him right, hell we have an actual o-line (mostly) and a good receiving corps. Ignore the defense and running game please.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

I don’t think he believes Bryce can run it at this level. I think the real story will eventually be that once Bryce got to camp, the coaching staff realized what they’d actually drafted. There’s a reason Bryce was hidden in preseason.

Howell also leads the league in sacks taken. And Bryce is staring down nine in the box because he doesn’t scare anyone with his arm

I don't think Howell's sack numbers matter at all when it comes to - could Bryce run some RPO concepts. He's not being sacked in the RPO.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

BlindSite posted:

I don't think Howell's sack numbers matter at all when it comes to - could Bryce run some RPO concepts. He's not being sacked in the RPO.

I’ve seen plays where the DT/DE makes it to the mesh point at the same time the RB does, that seems eminently doable for the Carolina O-line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’ve seen plays where the DT/DE makes it to the mesh point at the same time the RB does, that seems eminently doable for the Carolina O-line.

Look, there's risk on every play - Rodgers detonated his Achilles doing nothing. My point is more that the offense was running concepts we hadn't seen (outside of Indy) for 15, 20 years. If you watch some of JT O'Sullivan's breakdowns there's multiple times where he says "man i haven't seen a play drawn up like this since my college days" or the more disturbing "this play is like the genesis of a modern play, modern offenses will do this.... instead of whats happening on screen" kind of thing.

There's no motion, there's no bunch formations, there's no scheming leverage, no high/low flooding routes - all the modern stuff that good offenses run. The zonal blocking scheme in the run game isn't working. It just goes on and on the poo poo that's failed.

I'm not saying operate every snap in an RPO concept system but two three plays a quarter? Probably worth thinking about even if two of them are a run and they dial a pass to tommy tremble. OK he might get hit at the mesh point. It also might stop the end from just burning around Moton or Icky 30 times a game because they don't need to worry about containment. So the options are - try something that might work. or dial up more flank screens and keep doing things that haven't worked for 12 weeks. Wonder which path you should take.

Same thing that definitely doesn't work / try something that might improve things.