Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I make my chili in a slow cooker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
My heat is out again. This house is cursed or some poo poo. It also snowed for the first time today.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

General Dog posted:

I will withdraw the term "nepotism" and replace it with "privilege". Neither is really a knock on Giamatti, who's made good on his opportunities.

Holy poo poo, G Dog has finally grasped the idea of class consciousness.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I make my chili in a slow cooker

If I’m making chili for a crowd I’ll usually cook it on the stove the night before, refrigerate it, and reheat it in the crock pot. Lets the flavors blend better

Air Skwirl posted:

Holy poo poo, G Dog has finally grasped the idea of class consciousness.

I like to think I've been conscious of it for a while, I just reflexively side with The Bad Guys.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Nov 28, 2023

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

General Dog posted:

If I’m making chili for a crowd I’ll usually cook it on the stove the night before, refrigerate it, and reheat it in the crock pot. Lets the flavors blend better

I like to think I've been conscious of it for a while, I just reflexively side with The Bad Guys.

Theyre all bad guys.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

BlindSite posted:

Theyre all bad guys.

I think of Labor and Capital as being kind of like the Autobots and Decepticons, two ancient races locked into an inscrutable unending conflict where us humans are the collateral damage.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

General Dog posted:

For further knowledge, you should probably read this little red book I like.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

General Dog posted:

I think of Labor and Capital as being kind of like the Autobots and Decepticons, two ancient races locked into an inscrutable unending conflict where us humans are the collateral damage.

The problems usury, not labour and not capital in and of itself.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
*flips over some tables at the temple*

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

We really both sidesing transformers now?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

T-Square posted:

“Chili Tom Carne”

Great username.

Also it’s very fun how the combination of chili tastes and competition really bring out our baser instincts.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

what are they keys? white vinegar, cinnamon, dark chocolate. beans optional.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Homemade chili powder is the key, for me. I make a few mason jars' worth of powder around the end of September / early October every year.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Big dollop of Miracle Whip on top as a garnish

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

3 DONG HORSE posted:

human flesh and insanity peppers

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I mean the insanity peppers episode of The Simpsons made drugs cool and terrifying to me.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Timby posted:

Homemade chili powder is the key, for me. I make a few mason jars' worth of powder around the end of September / early October every year.

What exactly do you do? Just roast and grind them?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Silly Burrito posted:

What exactly do you do? Just roast and grind them?

This is the recipe I generally follow, although I do use a little more variety in the chili peppers because there's a really awesome Latin grocery within walking distance of my apartment.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Timby posted:

This is the recipe I generally follow, although I do use a little more variety in the chili peppers because there's a really awesome Latin grocery within walking distance of my apartment.

Oh nice, thanks!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Silly Burrito posted:

Oh nice, thanks!

My pleasure! It really doesn't take too long to do a couple of large batches and the process is pretty straightforward and simple. I generally go through about one mason jar in a season myself, and I always give one (slightly less spicy, because he has the taste buds of a typical white guy from Iowa) to my best friend every autumn, too.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
It’s a couple years old but A Boy Called Christmas on Netflix was really good and super charming

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Spirited, the Will Ferrell & Ryan Reynolds Christmas Apple+ flick - is my "2023 bah humbug... wait, when can we watch it again?" Christmas movie that people should see this year if they missed it last year.

I say good day!

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Mhmm

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Timby posted:

I had no idea this wiki existed and now I'm about to be up all night reading it. Thanks for posting

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

No Butt Stuff posted:

We really both sidesing transformers now?

For about a decade now, actually.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Joey Freshwater posted:

It’s a couple years old but A Boy Called Christmas on Netflix was really good and super charming

It was very good. We watched it for the first time this year. Klaus is another more recent and very good Christmas movie.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Best Christmas movie is The Ref.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
The Night Before is underrated and really funny.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

LeeMajors posted:

My wife’s company (before a series of private equity purchases and a large merger :rolleyes:) used to do a lot of fun things around the office and one was a chili cook off.

Their edgelord CFO at the time decided to pack up some Wendy’s chili, somehow won and then kept the prize money after having his laugh.

Ignoring the bad judging and/or lovely cooks, it’s funny how chili cookoffs bring out the darker side of human nature.

Also:
:guillotine:

We had a chili cookoff at my office in the Minneapolis suburbs. I wasn't trying to win because one of my friends there was vegan so I made a lentil chili I knew wouldn't be popular with that clientele.

But the winner was a cream-based ham soup. She still has the engraved chili spoon trophy hanging in her office. I just...

... ugh.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

But the winner was a cream-based ham soup. She still has the engraved chili spoon trophy hanging in her office. I just...

... ugh.

Like ... was it a ham and potato cream soup or something? Entered into a chili cook-off?

:wtc:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Since the HVAC crew was at the house finishing the duct work I took the day off. My housemate & our mutual friend from San Diego was in town so figured it would be nice to cook dinner.

Lamb shoulder I bought Sunday via sous vide & my smoker.

Smoke ring is kinda there. Should've just cooked it all day on the smoker to make it fall-off-the-bone.

Chopped it up, served with mashed potatoes, blue cheese gravy, shaved white truffles, and roasted brussel sprouts.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

this MF be eating
drat

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

So did a (semi) chicken parm (string cheese) that worked out great other week. Wife was mad (she had 2 wisdom teeth pulled) cause I cooked the sauce from scratch for 4 hours on the stove and she couldn’t try it after smelling it all day.
It was my second try at a red sauce and only gently caress ups were I forgot to deseed after blanching and the dry herbs dumped into it

https://imgur.com/a/4liv1aS

This time I got 2 bombs:

https://imgur.com/a/T0vCbNk

Dry bomb herbs in cheese cloth: oregano, thyme, parsley, basil, rosemary, whole black pepper

Wet Bomb I’m gonna squeeze thru a mesh: roasted cherry/plum tomatoes, 2 roast garlic cloves, oregano, shot of vodka, some balsamic and a good blast of soy sauce for Unami

I’m still just gonna pan sear the chicken in a cast iron cause I’m too lazy to bread and pan fry.

Oh and string cheese again cause I got lots

E: first try was good, mozz on top got soft enough it didn’t cling and was perfectly fork cutable. But the sauce was the clear cut winner even with winging it and a few gently caress ups. That was one huge flattened breast and 4 tomatos worth, doing 4 smaller pieces this time and 6 tomatos and the marinading mash

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Nov 29, 2023

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Air Skwirl posted:

Best Christmas movie is Die Hard.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The best Christmas movie is actually Life of Brian. Die Hard is Christmas Eve

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
poo poo, the Hollywood Theater had a screening for Muppet Christmas Carol on my birthday but it already sold out. :(

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Muppets christmas Carol and its not even close imo.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Knotts on Ice.

A 180lb Snoopy, blind as poo poo just haymakering dudes left and right cause he couldn’t see poo poo, Woodstock getting a stone cold stunner completely on accident

Oh movies, thought it was craziest Christmas shows you’ve seen

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Nov 29, 2023

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Christmas Vacation became the family tradition with my parents and sibling, my wife hadn’t sat through it with me yet. But she’s Japanese so it’ll be fun to see what she makes of it.

I know I have a snarkier answer to the question but I’m a bit ragged today so I can’t remember. Guess we have the holiday season coming up to jog my memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Lord of the Rings Extended Edition is the best Xmas movie