Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The leaks were correct, and all the info is now on WG's website.

These 3D skins, man. Woof.

https://i.imgur.com/tGxyqAv.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/Y8pvTI8.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/GINicjs.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/dfn65hI.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/j8UxMnq.mp4

E75 skin is nice, EBR skin is some loving WoT Blitz poo poo, who gives a poo poo about an arty skin, you're looking at the arty view 95% of the game, the AE Phase 1 skin is fugly, and the Cobra skin could be OK in game but looks a bit too monochrome.

E:

WG posted:

The XM66F is a proverbial American Tier VIII assault tank destroyer

Either I don't know what proverbial means, or these guys don't.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Nov 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I was parked in this loving bush, spotting a total of 7 enemy tanks, several of which were just out in the open for ages. We had four TDs and a couple of mediums camping on our side. Guess how much spotting damage I got by the time the enemies just drove over the valley and slaughtered my team? 105.

I literally don't understand how these loving dipshits get to T8 and T9.

Trying to get this commander mission where you have to have 2000+ spotting in 5 games is going to loving SUCK.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Trying to get this commander mission where you have to have 2000+ spotting in 5 games is going to loving SUCK.

This is why the Obj. 209 missions suck. Because you have to do things like that, which are completely map and team dependent, in consecutive games.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

This is why the Obj. 209 missions suck. Because you have to do things like that, which are completely map and team dependent, in consecutive games.

I am so loving sick of missions that require other people to do something. Half the arty missions are the same poo poo, and those bouncing missions can also eat my rear end.

E: Spent the entire game parked on top of the hill on Redshire, got 8 spots, spotted 2/3 of the enemy team. 1045 spotting, because the spotting mechanics in WoT are loving AWESOME.

E2: Paris, both teams have two light tanks. So I can just go gently caress myself automatically. Despite spotting enemies for roughly ~4000 damage, I finished the game with 730 spotting, because again: awesome spotting mechanics.

E3:

Literally what the gently caress is the point?

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Nov 28, 2023

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

1x light tank
1x artillery
3x tank destroyers
5x medium tanks
5x heavy tanks

Teams should be locked to these vehicle type counts, regardless of how it affects matchmaking timing. Show the approximate wait time for each type when you enter the queue, and/or offer a small (~10%) bonus to credit/exp gain or something, to incentivise people to switch and play the types that are currently lacking.

Real tired of games with 6-7 TDs on each team, or 3 clickers and 0 lights on each team (especially on open maps).

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yep 100% agreed. The game becomes completely pointless when one team has absurd amounts of one class, especially if that class is triangle or light.

Also done. Took about 15 games, but I am done with that loving mission.

Ironically I got the final completion in my Charioteer by repeatedly tracking a couple of enemy heavies who were trying to push.

E: and only then did I realize that apparently I had already bought two commanders, and they gave us 40 tokens, which is enough for two commanders, and then either a day of premium or some stickers and 5x missions.

gently caress.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 28, 2023

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Apparently reddit was wrong (shocking) and the 752 is a normal boring autoloader. Why the hell did they not just re-use the interesting, unique reverse autoreloader mechanic from the IS-3A? For gently caress sake WG.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Well it's nice that none of the box premiums are all that interesting to me, I suppose.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
God I forgot this game was such a camper's wet dream. you take a even a modicum of chance and you'll have five guns waiting as far back as possible firing at you in an instant.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

sushibandit posted:

1x light tank
0 1x artillery
3x tank destroyers
5x medium tanks
5x heavy tanks

Teams should be locked to these vehicle type counts, regardless of how it affects matchmaking timing. Show the approximate wait time for each type when you enter the queue, and/or offer a small (~10%) bonus to credit/exp gain or something, to incentivise people to switch and play the types that are currently lacking.

Real tired of games with 6-7 TDs on each team, or 3 clickers and 0 lights on each team (especially on open maps).

FTFY. Proverbially, of course.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ekeboo is a loving moron. This is of course not news but god drat.

Someone on the stream said that maybe they should stop making OP tanks and try to balance poo poo better. His answer?

"Well some people like feeling like they're in stronger tanks, and that would get rid of that." Oh no poo poo, people like playing OP tanks? Oh cool, do they also like playing AGAINST OP tanks? Are OP tanks good for the game's health? We may never know, because some people like playing OP tanks.

Also, they can't get rid of +2/-2 because "there's a part of the player base that ADORES being +2 and lording it over others". NO poo poo!

E: also "the only successful skill based matchmaking system ever has been winrate". WHAT?! I seriously hope this loving idiot isn't speaking for the entire studio, because if the studio seriously hasn't heard of for instance ELO then jesus loving wept.

E3: Player: "So is the BZ-176 good for the game?" Ekeboo: "Well, think about it like this: how many of them do you see in the game? And how often do they ruin things for you versus the rest of the stuff? And keep in mind that we need to pay the bills and pay people for the rest of the year."

E: these were literal quotes btw

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Nov 29, 2023

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Lmao. Those quotes are so absurdly dumb that I refuse to believe they're anything but attempts to not say "we try to squeeze as much money as possible from everyone no matter what, balance can get hosed".

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Normally I'd cut the guy some slack because he's a community manager, he doesn't set policy. He just parrots what the guys above him tell him to. But then I remember that a year or two ago when they gutted the amount of universal blueprints you got from the battle pass or something, he said with a straight face that it's because people were saying they had way too many universal blueprints and wanted less of them, and more of national blueprints. When people in chat erupted calling bullshit and saying the opposite, he just started banning people from the chat.

So, you know.

E:

Fun way to wrap up the T95. Definitely going to keep this one. Team tried to throw as hard as possible with half our team literally parked on the map edge on the A line and finishing with ~400 damage in GSOR 1008s and Jagdpanther IIs but hell, at least we had a couple of guys with functional brains.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Nov 29, 2023

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I think he's just dumb because the blueprint issue was that some people had universals they felt they couldn't use because they didn't have enough nationals, so the "fix" was to just reverse the problem the other way around so yes he's technically correct that people were saying that, but he really did not understand the issue at all.

Meanwhile this latest stuff sounds like also being dumb in that yes, some people do like stomping others and some people do like playing on self-imposed hard mode, but *most* people like a good balance.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

What state is the game in right now? I accidentally started Tanks instead of Boats and found I had 2 weeks of premium. It's been a few years and now there seems to be huge power creep. They've changed some maps so I'm making a load of dumb mistakes but armour seems to be completely worthless now, just get penned straight through the front by anything ooft.

That and spotting feels weird. Had a lorraine drill holes in my tank when I was u spotted which was weird.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Being able to buy gold ammo with credits made armour worthless, yes.

Also, good players have become really good at shooting bushes where players usually hide and looking for dust kicked up by the missed shot.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
The meta is pretty much that you're either one of the people with enough game knowledge to farm the people who don't, or you're the one getting farmed.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Meanwhile back down in Tier V :buddy:

Started the UK Wheelchair line and JAYEEESUS the AEC is one miserable POS. I mean yeah sure the grind is all over and done with before a day passes but holy poo poo the (complete lack of) manoeuvrability combined with non-existent armour just kills so many of your options before you can even consider them. Gameplay seems to be "drive in a straight line to somewhere and then, uh... good luck", I guess?

I mean I would try sniping but when the gun selection is "inaccurate" and the respective upgrade is "marginally less inaccurate" ... ?

:wtc:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

That is also the rest of the line.

Sadly the T5 and the T7 are the highlights of the line.

I get that they desperately wanted a repeat of the French wheeled lights, but they corrected way too far the other way, and the British wheeled mediums are largely so unmaneuverable as to be borderline unplayable on some maps. Absolutely love playing my armoured car that can't make a very gentle turn without stopping to do a three point turn instead.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

And there we go:

2/2 ToTT completed.

Despite claims that the T110E3 is a lot more nimble than the T95, it super loving isn't. Another one of those tanks where you'd ideally want about 5 equipment slots' worth of stuff. Definitely want a turbo, and hardening, and maybe vents and a rammer, and IRM doesn't hurt either.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i know it's goofy but i kinda love the ebr camo that's in the loot boxes.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I whaled.

Some observations:
- Got two tanks out of the first set of 80 boxes. First one was the guaranteed drop, second one came from box 70 something. Then three tanks from the second set of boxes: first two quickly (both by box 26), and then the last one was the guaranteed drop.
- The drops don't seem to be biased towards giving you the lower tier tanks first, or at least not both of them: I got the XM66F first, then the Object 752. Then the Type 63, then the Tiger-Maus, and then a second XM66F as my last drop.
- WG's random number generator seems to be wonky, or at least incredibly streaky. I got jack poo poo until box 50, then I got the guaranteed drop, then all five 3D styles pretty quickly, and then the second tank. The same was true for the second set of boxes. Once I got something good, I got something good soon afterwards, and then again jack poo poo for a long period of time. This is not news, I've noticed that when I get, say, three blueprint fragments from a daily, quite often all three (or at least two) are for the same tank.
- Buying 80 boxes would probably not be enough to max out the Festive Atmosphere and Vinnie Jones' "spend resources to buy me poo poo" """"missions"""", which is horse poo poo. I don't think a F2P player can come close to maxing out their bonuses, which is again complete loving horse poo poo.
- You don't get crews with the vehicles anymore. I'm pretty sure you used to.

The tanks:
- The Tiger-Maus is crew compatible with the E100 line. Maybe the Maus line, but I don't have those so I can't check.
- The Object 752 is crew-compatible with the ST-II line, with the exception that it only has one loader instead of the two you get on the tech tree line.
- The Type 63 ain't compatible with poo poo because the commander is the loader. You need a new crew.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Dec 1, 2023

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
If it's the same as last year (and it seems to be a direct c+p outside of subbing Vinnie in) you can def complete all the resource turn-in missions as a F2P account, but you do need to get almost all of the daily resource drops + best friend bonuses.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Naturally the year with a bunch of mediocre premiums is the year I pull 4/5 from my 80 boxes, thanks Wargaming, where were you when there were BZs in this?

Boxes 9, 55, 66 and 74 were the magic numbers if anyone wants to talk about the randomiser and its weird streaks, p sure it's just pure rng though.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Vando posted:

If it's the same as last year (and it seems to be a direct c+p outside of subbing Vinnie in) you can def complete all the resource turn-in missions as a F2P account, but you do need to get almost all of the daily resource drops + best friend bonuses.

Actually yeah, you're right. It took about ~7000 of all resources to max out everything. If you get 300 of each every day, that would get you over the line, but only on Christmas Eve, if you don't miss a single day. That kinda sucks when the whole point is to get as much use of the +50% credits benefits.

Vando posted:

Naturally the year with a bunch of mediocre premiums is the year I pull 4/5 from my 80 boxes, thanks Wargaming, where were you when there were BZs in this?

Boxes 9, 55, 66 and 74 were the magic numbers if anyone wants to talk about the randomiser and its weird streaks, p sure it's just pure rng though.

I think the current CC line is that the American TD is kinda meh, but everything else is at least decent. The Tiger-Maus is reckoned to be better than the E75, which is already one of the best T9 heavies, and the Object 752 is apparently also turning out to be quite good -- if you do the Kranvagn trick of elevating your gun after every shot your turret is incredibly durable, and while the gun can occasionally troll you, you can also crank out real good amounts of damage. And apparently the Type 63 is a solid if uninspiring heavy. And I will go to my grave saying the GSOR 1010 is a really good T8 TD, albeit in a medium slot.

So yeah, no BZ-176 this year, but that's probably a good thing for the game's health. Now two years ago, THAT was a poo poo year! We had, what, the Torvagn, Caliban and M-IV-Y. I got all three and I haven't played 10 games with them combined.

And you're probably right about me seeing patterns where there are none.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Dec 1, 2023

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Actually yeah, you're right. It took about ~7000 of all resources to max out everything. If you get 300 of each every day, that would get you over the line, but only on Christmas Eve, if you don't miss a single day. That kinda sucks when the whole point is to get as much use of the +50% credits benefits.

It's 400 every day with the friend bonuses, plus ~1000 more for daily missions, so even if you're playing super casually you should be able to get it done well before the end.

quote:

So yeah, no BZ-176 this year, but that's probably a good thing for the game's health. Now two years ago, THAT was a poo poo year! We had, what, the Torvagn, Caliban and M-IV-Y. I got all three and I haven't played 10 games with them combined.

There was also the fuckin Skoda that year. Year before had the Bourrasque. This is def a down year unless one of the tanks is secretly OP in ways people haven't discovered yet.

Vando fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Dec 1, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Vando posted:

It's 400 every day with the friend bonuses, plus ~1000 more for daily missions, so even if you're playing super casually you should be able to get it done well before the end.

Yeah that's true. Of course the resources are random resources, but you can convert them, right? It's not as bad as I thought anyway.

quote:

There was also the fuckin Skoda that year.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that because it wasn't a new loot box tank. They sold it for just straight money in 2022 and then put it in lootboxes as padding.

Orv
May 4, 2011
What incredibly obvious thing am I missing that's not allowing me to add friends through the village stuff? Do they need to have logged in once since ops started?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Dropped a hundo, got the Tiger and the new Japanese heavy.

The two I wanted :unsmith:.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Orv posted:

What incredibly obvious thing am I missing that's not allowing me to add friends through the village stuff? Do they need to have logged in once since ops started?

Yeah if they haven't logged in yet the game doesn't think their village exists.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

TRIP REPORT

- Tiger-Maus. A very good superheavy. If you can sidescrape, you can just bounce insane amounts of damage and gently caress up fools. Also quite slow, and a lot of moron pubbies are playing it as a backline sniper which it super isn't.

- Object 752. Surprisingly fun and good! Can unload ~1200 damage pretty quickly, is decently mobile and if you raise the barrel, your turret will bounce a ton of poo poo. Incredibly small amount of ammo (30 rounds total)

- Type 63. A solid heavy. The cooling gimmick is kinda neat but not earth-shattering.

Haven't played the XF yet.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Type 63 feels more like a medium than a heavy. The turret is fantastic but the hull is paper. Tiger Maus is a lot of fun, I think I am going to like this one :unsmith:.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Well, this 4700 damage round in my Centurion 7/1 was definitely helped a bit by my first shot.

This:

https://i.imgur.com/uJlICYD.mp4

Let's see that again in slow motion!

https://i.imgur.com/IK7QZhh.mp4

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Played a few games today and got my rear end whooped. I am rusty as hell :smith:.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Welp it's box time. Got every reward tank in the first 120, after that it was all dupes and skins. Glad I got the only skins I would potentially ever care about at least (gently caress arty).

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Tiger Maus is fantastic, holy poo poo.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

Tiger Maus is fantastic, holy poo poo.

Yeah it's incredible if you can sidescrape, and good if you can hide your lower plate otherwise. Doesn't feel broken OP though, because it is slow as hell and the side armour (especially for the turret, as I discovered above) might as well not exist.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah it's incredible if you can sidescrape, and good if you can hide your lower plate otherwise. Doesn't feel broken OP though, because it is slow as hell and the side armour (especially for the turret, as I discovered above) might as well not exist.

Totally agree. I got penned for 600 in the side of my tank last game by a M40 arty, being a barn has its disadvantages :smith:.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hey big thumbs up to the Tiger-Maus who does 500 damage in an Ensk game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

A month of this, huh?