Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

MadSparkle posted:

In Egyptian mosques, cats have total rule and play and climb on people's loving heads and backs while they pray and they still don't stop. I'm sure it's not only in Egypt, I've seen cats climb grown men like they're land to be claimed in the middle of prayer, and they just keep going.

cats ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

i will fight you

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Have to say if there's one thing Islam gets absolutely correct, it's that cats are way loving better than dogs.

counterpoint:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Comrade Koba posted:

counterpoint:

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
https://twitter.com/Eve6/status/1729691602635853995?t=4Eo-_UbR6JZRneiwkcYO-g&s=19

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I had to shoot the child, they were right there, unarmed. When would a better time present itself?

(everyone nods in agreement)

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Comrade Koba posted:

just wanted to let you know I highly appreciate your posts :)

if it’s not too much effort, it would be really nice to read more about the scriptural/religious arguments against zionism. i’ve been seeing a lot of white western secular jews make wild claims about what is and isn’t in the talmud and how it means that israel has a divine right to possess the entire middle east.

I'm not a talmud scholar by any means but it's basically filled with arguments which very much include lovely takes. anybody who wants to pick and choose from old texts (or new ones) can find support for their wackass worldviews.

the general crux of judaism is "treat others like you want to be treated" so this ongoing occupation and violence UHHHHHH it Uhhhhh it sucks!!!!!!!

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
oudchat put me in mind of Le Trio Joubran, three oud-playing brothers from Nazareth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjnsgYYOM7M&t=651s

they're still active, and announced recently that all their show proceeds are going to Palestinian aid

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Comrade Koba posted:

counterpoint:

Forgive my ignorance, but is that actually somewhat offensive as dogs are considered unclean in Islam? Is this the equivalent of dressing a pig in a yarmulke or something like that? I know the keffiyeh is a cultural piece of clothing rather than a religious one.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
most pet dogs are happy to see people. Kitties are nice too.

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

loving evil stepmother poo poo, I demand NO CELEBRATIONS FOR ANYTHING BUT DEAD BODIES AS MY PERSONAL RED CARPET. Tweeze those eyebrows a little thinner, honey, maybe they'll make others buy your level of disbelief.

MadSparkle has issued a correction as of 07:43 on Nov 29, 2023

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/BlackRedGuard1/status/1729356898141430098

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
Starting in January, citizens who lived within 4-7 kilometers of the Gaza strip will be allowed to return

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1729585436517884040?t=U9H7eY_bQWjNA0sLmJOK4g&s=19

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Some Updates:-

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...%81%D8%B9%D8%A9

Ben Gevir making GBS threads his pants

Ben Gvir calls for withdrawing Israeli citizenship from “disloyal” football players

The far-right Israeli Minister of National Security, Itamar Ben Gvir, submitted a request to withdraw the citizenship and work visas of foreign football players in the Israeli league, who chose not to carry a banner calling for the release of Israeli detainees held by the Palestinian Hamas movement, in the Gaza Strip.

Ben Gvir's demand came after Swedish defender Daniel Sundgren and 4 other foreign players, in Maccabi Haifa's last match, refused to raise a banner written in English demanding the return of the detainees, according to the Times of Israel newspaper.

Most of the players in question are in Israel on work visas, and do not actually hold Israeli citizenship, according to the newspaper.

The Israeli Minister of the Interior, Moshe Arbel, rejected Itamar Ben Gvir’s request, and stressed in a letter addressed to him, saying: “It is not permissible to strip a person of his citizenship because he does not carry a sign, no matter how important it is. I recommend that we deal with the task of preserving Israel’s security and safety.” .

=======================================

All signs are pointing to a permanent ceasefire being worked on, if this is the case then Hamas has decisively won the war

- Sign (1) Diplomatic and Internal pressure in israel -

G7 foreign ministers support extending the truce in Gaza

The G7 foreign ministers said in a joint statement that they support extending the current and future truce in Gaza if necessary, to increase aid and facilitate the release of all detainees and prisoners.

The joint statement called for every effort to be made to ensure humanitarian support reaches civilians, including food, water, fuel and medical supplies.

The group also expressed in its statement its commitment to establishing a Palestinian state within the framework of the two-state solution.

----

French official: We need to extend the truce to reach a ceasefire

The French delegate to the United Nations, Nicolas de Rivière, told Al Jazeera:

Israel has the right to eliminate terrorists and must observe humanitarian law
France condemns the October 7 attack and considers it a terrorist attack
We aim to free all the hostages and reach a permanent ceasefire
We need to extend the truce until a ceasefire is achieved.

------

Sign (2) The head of the CIA is meeting with egyptian, Qatari, Israeli and Quite Possibly Hamas Political representatives to reach a wider deal and agreement to end the war:-

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/11/28/politics/cia-director-qatar-meetings-israel-egypt/index.html

David Barnea - head of Mossad
William Burns - Director of the CIA
Abbas Kamel - R - Egyptian Intelligence
and Sameh Shoukry, the Egyptian Foreign Minister, are all in Doha to meet with Hamas leaders

All of this confirms that the phone was transferred to Gaza.
Biden Burns Sunak Anyone... The phone is in Gaza and the address is Gaza

https://twitter.com/mamoun1234/status/1729639208157905159?s=20

-----

Sign (3) Israeli political society is buckling and wants an end tot he war:-

Ehud Barak tries to sugercoat that Israel Lost the war

Barak: Netanyahu must step down, and his government is leading us to war without end

Former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak said that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is unable to lead Israel during the war, and that a national unity government must be formed without Netanyahu and the extreme right.

In an article in Haaretz newspaper, Barak said, “Israel is approaching a critical crossroads, and completing the task of dismantling Hamas’s military and governmental capabilities is extremely important even in the face of external pressures, but the matter will require months and the accumulated tensions may worsen behind closed doors, including with The United States,” he said.

Barak stressed that Netanyahu's failure to lead the war comes through his denial that victory cannot be achieved without a clear plan for the next day, in addition to his association with an "unholy" alliance with Itamar Ben Gvir and Bezalel Smotrich, who are exploiting him to impose their ideology that Gaza must return to Full Israeli control and responsibility.

-------

Israelis want the ceasefire to extend further

Efforts in Israel to extend the truce

The Israeli Broadcasting Authority said that there are efforts in Israel to extend the ceasefire after the end of the additional two days of the truce.

-------

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
“We shot a teenager for being happy” what the absolute gently caress

vvvv this happens to me every day in online meetings lol

Bastard Tetris has issued a correction as of 07:50 on Nov 29, 2023

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

MadSparkle posted:

In Egyptian mosques, cats have total rule and play and climb on people's loving heads and backs while they pray and they still don't stop. I'm sure it's not only in Egypt, I've seen cats climb grown men like they're land to be claimed in the middle of prayer, and they just keep going.

There's a whole thing about that, cats are specifically taahir and water that they drink from is still pure. They're specifically called out as not invalidating prayer if they pass in front of you, while other animals do.

which leads to adorable videos like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H9LPFti-Xg

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Bastard Tetris posted:

“We shot a teenager for being happy” what the absolute gently caress

It’s that coupled with the “What don’t you get? It makes perfect sense and is the logical thing to do” way she presents it that shoots it into full blown cartoon villain territory

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Chamale posted:

Forgive my ignorance, but is that actually somewhat offensive as dogs are considered unclean in Islam? Is this the equivalent of dressing a pig in a yarmulke or something like that? I know the keffiyeh is a cultural piece of clothing rather than a religious one.

there are lots of Palestinian Christians and Palestinian Muslims are mostly Hanafis who don’t believe dogs are impure

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sancho Banana posted:

Starting in January, citizens who lived within 4-7 kilometers of the Gaza strip will be allowed to return

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1729585436517884040?t=U9H7eY_bQWjNA0sLmJOK4g&s=19

It hasn't really been talked about how hundreds of thousands of Israeli's have had to find accommodations elsewhere in the country, with no financial support from their government, and most of them are not able to work, or were called up to go to war in Gaza. Its brought the economy to a stand still and they are barely holding up from economic collapse as a result.

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub

Comrade Koba posted:

if it’s not too much effort, it would be really nice to read more about the scriptural/religious arguments against zionism. i’ve been seeing a lot of white western secular jews make wild claims about what is and isn’t in the talmud and how it means that israel has a divine right to possess the entire middle east.

i'm new to the topic of Jewish theological objections to Israel, but i've been getting a lot out of Yakov Rabkin's A Threat from Within: A Century of Jewish Opposition to Zionism. here's a passage i found really interesting about Palestine's indigenous Jews:

quote:

The Zionists were not the first Jews to settle in Palestine. The Jewish presence in the Land of Israel has been uninterrupted since the destruction of the Temple. The Old Yishuv, as the settlements of pious Jews are usually known by history, existed in Jerusalem and in several other Palestinian towns when the first Zionist settlers arrived. The Old Yishuv had been able to survive primarily due to charitable contributions from the Diaspora. Certain philanthropists in mid-nineteenth century made it possible for its inhabitants to leave their old quarters and to take up residence in more modern, healthier districts, one of which was known as Meah Shearim ("hundredfold,” often erroneously translated as "one hundred doors”), which harks back to the harvest of Isaac, who "sowed in that land and reaped a hundredfold the same year and the Lord blessed him” (Genesis 26:12).

Though the Arabs remained receptive to the economic overtures of the Zionists for some time, Palestinian Jews reacted with fear and even horror at the arrival of secular Jews from Russia. The legendary "Jewish solidarity” reviled by so many anti-Semites was nowhere to be seen. These Palestinian Jews would certainly not have responded in the same way to an invasion of Palestine by a foreign power, which, from a theological point of view, would have changed little for them. True to the particular responsibilities Jewish tradition imposes upon the Jewish inhabitants of the Land of Israel (see Chapter 3 for more details), they lashed out at the new settlers in dramatic terms: "They do not walk in the paths of the Torah and the fear of God... and their purpose is not to bring the redemption close but to delay it, God forbid” (Salmon 1998,28). But the new settlers gave no indication of repenting, and worse yet, began to attract the youth of the Old Yishuv to Zionism. Thus began the conflict between Judaism and Zionism in the Holy Land, a conflict that, more than a century later, has not yet played itself out.

also, there's an essay in this journal issue about Hasidic anti-zionist arguments

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Was the puppy a hostage too, how tf the puppy ended up in Gaza? Im not an expert in hostage taking but I suppose I would have also taken the dog

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

also speaking of cats, the guy responsible for the most amount and most accurate recordings of the prophet muhammads (pbuh) saying nickname is "Abi Hureira" which is "Father of Cats" because he loved cats and had dozens of them.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://twitter.com/hellowo63335565/status/1729160685177950588?s=20

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

lol it sounds like the CIA has been severely compromised when the assistant director posts pro palestine stuff on facebook

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

state dept guy: "could you just for a single moment stop acting like dead eyed psychos in the media. we are losing the narrative here."
Israel:

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

The degree of separation between the hostages themselves and the sources speaking of their experiences in captivity is only getting more ridiculous. Check this out:

https://twitter.com/kann_news/status/1729588722234994776?t=BbhGbMTURn25r6ggetHtVQ&s=19

"A senior agent who was exposed to the hostages' testimonies mentioned that heavy violence was inflicted on some of them. There were hostages who were tied for many hours, humiliated and beaten."

Senior agent of what? Who are they? By "exposed to their testimonies" do you mean he spoke to them, or did he speak with their families? Which hostages? lol, lmao, shut up.

The contrast between this and Yocheved testimony where the hostage just sat in front of a camera and spoke is glaring.

Sancho Banana has issued a correction as of 08:16 on Nov 29, 2023

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

i cant believe there's 1.4 billion people who actually remembers and understands history spanning more than a day

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Meanwhile, Palestine stays winning, so much so that Japan removed Hamas, Islamic Jihad and PFLP from their 'terrorist orgs' list:-

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/expert/articles/575563e7bb3f0a726e43503c27de832e25244d19

The Public Security Intelligence Agency removes Turkey's Kurdistan Workers' Party and Palestine's Hamas from the list of ``global terrorist and armed organizations, etc.''

However, the Palestinian group Hamas and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) launched Operation Aqsa's Deluge on October 7, leading to the Israeli military's attack on Gaza. Jihad Organization), as well as the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades (AAMB), the Islamic Army (AOI), and the Mujahideen Shura Council around Jerusalem (MSC), which are Palestinian factions active in Palestine, Israel, and neighboring countries. ), “Popular Resistance Committee” (PRC), “Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine” (PFLP), “Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine General Command Faction” (PFLP-GC), “Palestinian Liberation Front Abu Abbas Faction” (PLF) , Lebanon's Hezbollah has been removed. 183 organizations including these have also been deleted.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

crepeface posted:

idk poo poo about the reconquista but surely you wouldn't describe the discrimination then as based on race as opposed to religion or nation due to war.

also sure, capital vs labour was not at the heart of this thing that occurred before the advent of modern capitalism, how about class conflict?

The Vandalic upper crust of the reconquistaing Spanish claimed to be blue bloods due to their pale skin allowing their blue veins to show easier. It's supposed to have been part of the origination of the justifications of early Spanish slaving in west Africa that relied on skin colour, written in the mid 15th century. So I guess there is a class element there but that's kinda the point of racism.

There's also the Limpieza de Sangre (purity of the blood) laws from 1448 that are all about not being descended from Muslims or Jews. Which is an example of race being more important than religion to the discrimination.

Sometimes I think racism created capitalism. Anyway sorry for the derail.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

Meanwhile, Palestine stays winning, so much so that Japan removed Hamas, Islamic Jihad and PFLP from their 'terrorist orgs' list:-

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/expert/articles/575563e7bb3f0a726e43503c27de832e25244d19

The Public Security Intelligence Agency removes Turkey's Kurdistan Workers' Party and Palestine's Hamas from the list of ``global terrorist and armed organizations, etc.''

However, the Palestinian group Hamas and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) launched Operation Aqsa's Deluge on October 7, leading to the Israeli military's attack on Gaza. Jihad Organization), as well as the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades (AAMB), the Islamic Army (AOI), and the Mujahideen Shura Council around Jerusalem (MSC), which are Palestinian factions active in Palestine, Israel, and neighboring countries. ), “Popular Resistance Committee” (PRC), “Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine” (PFLP), “Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine General Command Faction” (PFLP-GC), “Palestinian Liberation Front Abu Abbas Faction” (PLF) , Lebanon's Hezbollah has been removed. 183 organizations including these have also been deleted.

What was the reasoning for removing Hamas from their terrorist list? I mean, you'll get no arguments from me on this one, Hamas is absolutely not a terrorist group imo.

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

Harik posted:

There's a whole thing about that, cats are specifically taahir and water that they drink from is still pure. They're specifically called out as not invalidating prayer if they pass in front of you, while other animals do.

which leads to adorable videos like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H9LPFti-Xg

Yep. Home sweet home, I miss this poo poo. My cousins out on a trip stopping to pray and cats being all yeaaaah welcome back, step stool !
Yeah in terms of Islam, cats purring is literally translated as them "reading" the Quran.
Dogs are less popular but like archaic old poo poo has them more having to do with disturbing the angels and their split being considered haram. However, this isn't really a thing. Arabs love dogs and cats in general. I just wish places like Egypt would get their loving spaying and neutering under control. Dogs turned in an enormous problem post revolution, though cats will always loving represent

MadSparkle has issued a correction as of 08:40 on Nov 29, 2023

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

I said come in! posted:

What was the reasoning for removing Hamas from their terrorist list? I mean, you'll get no arguments from me on this one, Hamas is absolutely not a terrorist group imo.

Japan read this thread. We did it everyone!

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

I said come in! posted:

"Terorrism" is a mostly meaningless word used to demonize whatever violent actor the west doesn't like tbh

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Weka posted:

The Vandalic upper crust of the reconquistaing Spanish claimed to be blue bloods due to their pale skin allowing their blue veins to show easier. It's supposed to have been part of the origination of the justifications of early Spanish slaving in west Africa that relied on skin colour, written in the mid 15th century. So I guess there is a class element there but that's kinda the point of racism.
lol you literally say that race was used to justify slavery, a class relation.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sancho Banana posted:

"Terorrism" is a mostly meaningless word used to demonize whatever violent actor the west doesn't like tbh

Exactly, and especially in the case of groups in the middle east, it's largely racist motivated.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
latest sign a permanent ceasefire is coming:

https://twitter.com/BenzionSanders/status/1729466193851859249?s=20

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
also lmao

https://twitter.com/AmericanShipper/status/1729237122249281696?s=20

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

lol he literally cant and this war proved that he has failed, he handed Israel a military and political defeat that they are not going to recover from at all lol.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

150k Israelis with Portuguese citizenship shed a tear at this proud display of their ancient traditions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

30.5 Days posted:

also lmao

code:
[url]https://twitter.com/AmericanShipper/status/1729237122249281696?s=20[/url]

owned