Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I have an overly sensitive sense of smell/taste so spirits is the ethanol equivalent to forgetting to pour water in your fruit squash. But alcohol burnssssss.

I think I mentioned before about the time I was handed a whisky to do a sync shot and it was only as I was in the process of swallowing that my brain went "hang on this shot glass is freshly-dishwashed hot"

If normal shots feel like burning, let me tell you about hot ethanol...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

TACD posted:

gin is bad and it’s been trendy for far too long

TACD posted:

whiskey supremacy

You might be happy to hear that nearly all new gin distillers agree with you, and they talk about gin being a stop-gap to keep the lights on while the superior liquid ages. (They don't outright say or even strongly imply that gin sucks; but you can read between the lines here.)

The rest are boutique distilleries which could not realistically have made anything else, and so it's not a loss.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

smellmycheese posted:

Standby for “Chiles - The Movie”
Katherine Viner Horror Collection

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i like all berries tbqh but grocery store berries are rarely the best showing for any of them

we keep a 2.25kg box of frozen ‘wild’ blueberries on hand at all times tho

as for gin, i do enjoy it occasionally. i’m not much of a cocktail person tho so if cocktails are happening i’ll do gin, soda, and lime. i prefer bourbon tho and mostly just drink beer

mediaphage fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Nov 29, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Wild Blueberries was a very disappointing sequel.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

TACD posted:

whiskey supremacy

Whiskey supremacy, no.

Whisky supremacy, yes.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Blackberries are pretty lit and there is probably a massive bush within walking distance no matter where you are. I take a couple of large tubs and load up the freezer when they're in season.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Guavanaut posted:

Katherine Viner Horror Collection

SAW - but it’s Adrian Chiles presenting his captives with incredibly trivial social dilemmas to mull over before their grisly death

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

TACD posted:

whiskey supremacy

what berries do you make that with

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Blackberries are pretty lit and there is probably a massive bush within walking distance no matter where you are. I take a couple of large tubs and load up the freezer when they're in season.

aww yea. the superior option for cobblers to be sure

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

kecske posted:

what berries do you make that with

whiskey berries obviously

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Seems like the lads who went missing in Wales drowned https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/nov/29/four-teenagers-found-dead-in-north-wales-drowned-says-coroner

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I really quite like gin, this one was real good but prices in Finland are like 2x what it's here so I drink sparingly.

https://www.totalwine.com/spirits/gin/tanqueray-sevilla-orange/p/226848750

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

smellmycheese posted:

SAW - but it’s Adrian Chiles presenting his captives with incredibly trivial social dilemmas to mull over before their grisly death

Hello. I have a urinal in my flat and it has changed my life – so why are people appalled?

\

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Do you want to use the bathroom?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well it is the Guardian so they would start questioning you if yes.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Hello. I have a urinal in my flat and it has changed my life – so why are people appalled?

\

i idly asked the possibility of this aloud once and my so was like noooooooope

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Tesseraction posted:

The Wild Blueberries was a very disappointing sequel.

Wild Strawberries was an interesting change in direction, at least, if a bit lacking in talking animals

Also blueberries suck, fight me

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

The first time I used a gender-neutral bathroom was odd. Because the signs on both had a male and a female symbol together, whereas I wanted the one with urinals (and just the one that used to be the mens' room had those). Then when some ladies came in while I was using one of the said urinals, my first reaction was 'Oh sh**, am I using the womens' urinals?'

But I got over it! Now it's pretty normal. And it means you don't have to wait, holding it in, if all the stalls in one are full but in the other empty.

Given the outrage over 'mixed wards', I don't expect this will spread to England anytime soon.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Nov 29, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

mediaphage posted:

i idly asked the possibility of this aloud once and my so was like noooooooope
Well of course, that's what the drain behind the kitchen is for.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Stereo in Glasgow has the best gender neutral bathroom setup I've seen, with fully enclosed cubicles containing toilet, sink, hand dryer, handrails for mobility. It felt weird when it first opened like 15 years ago, and did freak out my mum a bit when I took her there, but on the whole 5 star toilet experience.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://x.com/tomorrowsmps/status/1729792243995660319?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Michael Crick getting increasingly radicalised by being the only British journalist who covers Labour internal politics.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

keep punching joe posted:

Stereo in Glasgow has the best gender neutral bathroom setup I've seen, with fully enclosed cubicles containing toilet, sink, hand dryer, handrails for mobility. It felt weird when it first opened like 15 years ago, and did freak out my mum a bit when I took her there, but on the whole 5 star toilet experience.

Pity it's a poo poo venue then.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

smellmycheese posted:

Standby for “Chiles - The Movie”

Futuristic spaceship game CHIVES

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Whiskey supremacy, no.

I've drunk Bushmills and i thoroughly agree with the above.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I was at the lesbian bar down in Birmingham and it had a womens toilet and an everyone toilet, the latter of which would be a mens toilet but, hey, it's a lesbian bar so share the load. I went to take a piss at a urinal and as I was going a conga line of women came in and danced past me and out the other door.

Very odd experience but fun nonetheless.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Just Another Lurker posted:

I've drunk Bushmills and i thoroughly agree with the above.

Will still drink JAmesons which puts me in some kind of grey area between 'no we've grown past that we're not children' and 'what you don' t want water in that? Hardcore')

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jamesons tastes exactly like the smell of used wellington boots to me.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

I believe the marketing term is 'peaty'.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

Tesseraction posted:

It's even odds that becomes the new norm, and I don't mind.

One large building I was in only had these gender-neutral multi-occupancy bathrooms. There was one single-occupancy bathroom for parents changing diapers and women by themselves who wanted privacy, up on the top floor.

One time as I was leaving a woman, who had been standing outside, asked me if there might be a bathroom for women only. I told her that there is, on the top floor. She literally said 'gently caress it' and went into the mixed-gender one.

Also, I like the tag in your awatar. Because I choose to interpret this as there being Day Tories, who have no shame, and Night Tories who only vote Conservative but never revealing their hand.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Tesseraction posted:

Jamesons is the Hamas of Irish Whiskys

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

Jamesons is the Hamas of Irish Whiskys

Strictly non-alcoholic in accordance with Islamic law?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Tesseraction posted:

I was at the lesbian bar down in Birmingham and it had a womens toilet and an everyone toilet, the latter of which would be a mens toilet but, hey, it's a lesbian bar so share the load. I went to take a piss at a urinal and as I was going a conga line of women came in and danced past me and out the other door.

I went to a gay bar (99% men) with some gay male friends in Camden somewhere down a dark alley once and there was one stall and there were shoe prints all over the seat. I can only guess.
It wasn't the Black Cap which was fun. It was either called something like salmon & cucumber? or near somewhere called that? 1990s anyway.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Well , he married Jordan , so he’s used to hanging out with enormous tits etc etc

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I was listening to the new Alan Partridge podcast and the description of GB News was great:

quote:

“GB News combines the fury of a middle aged divorced woman with the sardonic humour of a middle aged divorced man - a failed marriage made in heaven”

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

I believe the marketing term is 'peaty'.

peaty stuff always tastes like i’m chewing on a bandaid

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I don't think I've tried Irish Whiskey, all I know is that accoring to Jimmy (acab) McNulty, Bushmills is a Protestant Whiskey wheras Jameson is Catholic.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Which is amusing because John Jameson was a Scottish Presbyterian who didn't much care for Catholics and was given a distillery in Ireland for failson reasons, whereas Bushmills has half a dozen founding stories but probably in its modern form dates back to Irish spirits merchant Patrick Corrigan.

Both are owned by large multinational distillers now though, so whatever story sells.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Jameson isn't especially peaty, compared to any Scottish whiskey. Writers Tears and Middleton's Green Spot are the daily drivers of choice tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Jameson is absolute trash, especially for the price.