Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

weird loving implication that dude has that non-white people aren't children and spring fully-formed into the world as childless adults ? ???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Air Skwirl posted:

I kinda feel this way about May 4 being Star Wars day

Reminder that the first use of 'May the 4th be with you' was to congratulate Margaret Thatcher on becoming British Prime Minister.

Anyone celebrating Star Wars Day is explicitly endorsing Margaret Thatcher.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

is HANKSGIVING gonna be the next WAR ON CHRISTMAS. like is there any rest during the holidays

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I'm a part of the asexual landing force in the Police Action against Valentine's Day. We call for the abolition of loving other people, heterosexuality, and apple pie (in favor of cake)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

tokin opposition posted:

I'm a part of the asexual landing force in the Police Action against Valentine's Day. We call for the abolition of loving other people, heterosexuality, and apple pie (in favor of cake)

C'MON YOU ACES, YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER?!LOL

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cleretic posted:

Reminder that the first use of 'May the 4th be with you' was to congratulate Margaret Thatcher on becoming British Prime Minister.

Anyone celebrating Star Wars Day is explicitly endorsing Margaret Thatcher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-BZIWSI5UQ

Edit: I should say though, as much as I hate May the 4th as a concept, and Margaret Thatcher, I don't think you should accuse Star Wars nerds as being Margret Thatcher fans. It's a bit like accusing stoners of celebrating Hitler's birthday because they get really stoned on 4/20

Air Skwirl has a new favorite as of 05:02 on Nov 29, 2023

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Personally I celebrate Franksgiving. It's a day dedicated to Frank Stallone. It is a very depressing day.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
What about March 10th being Mario Day

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
March 14 is pie day.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
You know, the iosm thread turned into a pastafarian holiday callender so gradually I didn't even notice

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Coolness Averted posted:

You know, the iosm thread turned into a pastafarian holiday callender so gradually I didn't even notice

That little extra salt from these last few pages is all it needed to boil over.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
No one will take my May 19 away from me.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I'll never forget the ninth of November

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

teen witch posted:

No one will take my May 19 away from me.

Birthday of Atatürk, Ho Chi Minh, Malcom X, Peter Mayhew, André the Giant, and Pol Pot

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Platystemon posted:

Birthday of Atatürk, Ho Chi Minh, Malcom X, Peter Mayhew, André the Giant, and Pol Pot

Kings among men

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

The Saddest Rhino posted:

is HANKSGIVING gonna be the next WAR ON CHRISTMAS. like is there any rest during the holidays

No, that'll be CRISSMAS when we celebrate getting mind freaked.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Happy late October Revolution day, let's all love Lenin.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

tokin opposition posted:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

tokin opposition posted:

https://youtu.be/sbD1XDhKr8U?si=vKpkIA-SQjCKR9di

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

tokin opposition posted:

I misread this is as Police Academy Valentine's Day, and while the originals are pretty problematic, I think there's enough there we could tweak to make it work.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Micheal Winslow as a Sound Effects Cupid.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Dameius posted:

March 14 is pie day.

its 31st of april

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

its 31st of april

3rd of dozember.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s the twenty‐second of July, 22/7.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Third day of every month, 3.whatever

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Serperoth posted:

Third day of every month, 3.whatever
Offer only valid in Alabama

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/whstancil/status/1729561616083984804?t=NpoyLbhckJ4YA3zOJbpUwg&s=19

quote:

the recent viciously anti-intellectual turn of the left, which is basically coming out of social media bubbles centered around organized abuse and hysterical doomsaying, is not good news for anyone, least of all the left
yeah, I'll be honest, I think the form of "leftism" that's taking shape among a lot of very young people isn't particularly progressive, or even very left. it's a series of social signals combined with an almost reactionary anger at institutions twitter.com/tx_pros/status…
there's a weird nostalgic element to it, a strong sense that earlier generations had it better, but it's incoherent because it's not like they're pushing for a return to the politics of clinton or reagan or nixon. it's really just nihilism and anger, because that memes best
often it reminds me of the MAGA right more than the progressives of my youth. those progressives believed you could analyze the world, make policy, and make things better. but a lot of the zoomer leftists are almost violently angry at the idea of that kind of bit-by-bit analysis
what concerns me is that a lot of very young "leftists" are exhibiting a pretty similar dynamic: the mob tempting them to indulge in their anger and despair at the expense of thinking (and especially on social media, where that kind of indulgence has a competitive boost)

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Air Skwirl posted:

I kinda feel this way about May 4 being Star Wars day

In The Netherlands, May 4th is the national memorial day for World War 2, so local retailers have the good taste not to run with it.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Eventually this man turned to fully automated luxury space communism, but the sentiment still stands

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

lmao stancil is a lizlad still crying that podcasters are mean to him on twitter for being dumb, so blames them for young people not buying his brand of politics

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/alamandorious/status/1729670179095728516

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Coolness Averted posted:

lmao stancil is a lizlad still crying that podcasters are mean to him on twitter for being dumb, so blames them for young people not buying his brand of politics

What's his deal? A Biden stan arguing that inflation and rents aren't as bad as they seem? Equating leftists to bring the new MAGA certainly isn't going to endear him to sympathetic voices on Twitter that's for sure.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Oh, it's the same guy who recently went "Why is everybody still complaining about high rents, look the curve is back down again!", seemingly not realizing that he posted a graph of the the rent growth instead of absolute cost. So all it really showed is that rents are currently no longer increasing, but they are still way the gently caress higher than they were two years ago.

https://twitter.com/whstancil/status/1729294638438060435

In conclusion, he is indeed very dumb.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

He's not technically wrong (the graph does dip negative toward the end), but the graph is very How To Lie With Statistics, given how the axes are positioned to make the trend seem stronger than it is.

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

If these trends hold, you'll be able to live under a roof in just a few more years. Problem solved!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Will Stancil is a Pynchon character name

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Skios posted:

In The Netherlands, May 4th is the national memorial day for World War 2, so local retailers have the good taste not to run with it.

If Dutch people are so adamant that they should have Black Friday sales I demand we also make May 4th Star Wars day on top of national memorial day.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

This nearly broke me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Clerical Terrors posted:

If Dutch people are so adamant that they should have Black Friday sales I demand we also make May 4th Star Wars day on top of national memorial day.

Not sure I'd want to see what zwarte vrijdag looks like