Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

A Sometimes Food posted:

Now that twitch doesn't do clips is there a yt video of this discussion up yet? Or a timestamp for the podcast?
????????

https://clips.twitch.tv/ArtisticRepleteGoshawkOpieOP-1TdurxCcUdUo972K

edit: lmao I forgot this all-timer
https://clips.twitch.tv/FrailPerfectWolverineNerfRedBlaster

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Nov 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

A Sometimes Food posted:

Now that twitch doesn't do clips is there a yt video of this discussion up yet? Or a timestamp for the podcast?

Woolie puts up timestamps for each episode on their site https://superbestfriendcast.libsyn.com/

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

You can really see Woolie's face as he option selects his words, amazing lol

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

The clips page isn't visible at all for me on twitch. Thanks for the direct link.

Edit: and thanks everyone else for helping out. Goddamn.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Nov 23, 2023

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I was listening to the podcast waiting for it, wondering if the movie about that league of very cool people was it. When the starbucks heritage month stuff came up I could feel it but then it was avatar water tribe stuff instead, so they hit me when my guard was down lol. What a segment

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

A Sometimes Food posted:

The clips page isn't visible at all for me on twitch. Thanks for the direct link.

Edit: and thanks everyone else for helping out. Goddamn.

I had an issue with that, clip page was coming up blank until I checked the filter settings and turned off "Featured clips only".

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Brightman posted:

I had an issue with that, clip page was coming up blank until I checked the filter settings and turned off "Featured clips only".

I found it. Man, why are clips hidden inside a menu inside the Videos page now.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oh nice, CSB is apparently at #10 on Apple's gaming podcast charts. Was presumably #9 before the former Escapist employees showed up.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I think one of the positives of the cast is Pat's willingness to just scour through tons of games while Woolie scrapes through a smaller number of games. It gives each of them a different perspective to roll with during their conversation.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Windbreaker rofl

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Pennsylvanian posted:

I think one of the positives of the cast is Pat's willingness to just scour through tons of games while Woolie scrapes through a smaller number of games. It gives each of them a different perspective to roll with during their conversation.

I really like that, and It felt pretty great on this week's podcast when they happened to both have played the same Vampire Survivor clones, so they had an unexpected and organic full discussion.

They're deffo the most indie of that top 10, right? Dunno what Minnmax and windbreakers are, but all those IGN ones are probably done in like a studio and stuff vs our boys in their living rooms.

Did the McElroy brothers kick out Travis?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm really curious how much the user base for CSB has grown over the last couple years. Have they ever discussed listener growth?

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

MorningMoon posted:

I really like that, and It felt pretty great on this week's podcast when they happened to both have played the same Vampire Survivor clones, so they had an unexpected and organic full discussion.

They're deffo the most indie of that top 10, right? Dunno what Minnmax and windbreakers are, but all those IGN ones are probably done in like a studio and stuff vs our boys in their living rooms.

Windbreaker is the podcast for Second Wind, the channel created by the former Escapist employees after they all resigned in protest. It currently has exactly two episodes, since that whole kerfuffle only happened like, three or four weeks ago.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MorningMoon posted:

The Besties is formerly a Polygon.com thing, it's Griffin and Justin with former coworkers Chris and Russ. They kept the podcast going despite the McElroys leaving the website some years ago.

Honestly, with how sparse their ad blocks used to be I'm shocked The Besties is there at number one. Felt like they were struggling to keep the lights on for a while there.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Why does woolie keep saying holocure needs aiming? Some weapons depend on facing, but it's exactly the same as vampire survivor.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't listen to the podcast but Holocure does have aiming if you click your mouse once.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I wanna say someone in chat corrects them or politely says "it does that now", because Woolie heard that and went "oh, hmmmm..."

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

i played holocure a bit and iirc it did have significantly more aiming stuff than VS, so much so that they added extra controls to control your aim better

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Woolie's 'pizza in a bag' story in the Pizza Tower video is killing me.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Vandar posted:

Woolie's 'pizza in a bag' story in the Pizza Tower video is killing me.

I just got to this and I assumed it was "pizza place gives pizzas wrapped a bag made of parchment paper because they're too cheap for boxes" and not "opaque bag of mystery leftover pizza" :stare:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
there's times I really wish I could watch the podcast live and not listen to it, because there's moments where I REALLY want to see a particular reaction that I otherwise wouldn't know happened. such as in the clip that just went up about Pizza Tower:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQufPiXWo_Y

where Pat makes the self-admitted insane claim of hating the max speed pads in sonic games, and there's a moment where you can TELL woolie's brain is desperately trying to process it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQufPiXWo_Y&t=547s

and the twitch chat for that moment is, predictably, a wall of YOU ARE loving INSANE with like a single "I agree with pat" mixed in there :allears:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Pat's kinda right, the weakest sections of 3D sonic games are the speed boost pads that launch you into an automated section. The 2D ones that use them are just wretched

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Man, Pat REALLY backed the wrong horse in the console race as a kid.

"I like jrpgs and platformers where you don't go too fast and get to explore."
*picks Genesis*

Then again, this prevented the dark timeline where Pat became a Nintendo Kid.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Someone had to, statistically.

I mean poo poo, I have a friend who actually owned a Game Gear.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
my cousin had one too. his parents would not let him own a console, but they were totally fine with handhelds.

now, whether the game gear counts as a handheld or not is another discussion. I say no because I was a small child and that thing weighed a ton for a kid. I had to rest it on stuff to be able to play it for any length of time. also the games sucked, the sonic game especially

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Rody One Half posted:

Someone had to, statistically.

I mean poo poo, I have a friend who actually owned a Game Gear.

I also owned a game gear instead of a gameboy somehow. I really only played Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Columns, and Taz the Tazmanian Devil on it.

Columns was really the only good game of that set.

Edit: Sonic 1 was okay I guess but my batteries died before I could finish it in one sitting. So...ya know...

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Six motherfucking batteries

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Rody One Half posted:

Six motherfucking batteries

And that fucker ate through them, too

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Shinji2015 posted:

And that fucker ate through them, too

like no tomorrow

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Apparently Reggie is pretty easy to kidnap based on the story at the beginning of the last slop stream.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Finished Pat's final vod for LaD Gaiden, and man did that ending hit him hard (and me too, even being the third time I've seen it). Can't wait for LaD8 to emotionally destroy everyone.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Those sonic speed sections are not even 8 seconds long most of the time and serve as what we now call set pieces...just a little break in the action to see something cool. Wtf?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

DanielCross posted:

Finished Pat's final vod for LaD Gaiden, and man did that ending hit him hard (and me too, even being the third time I've seen it). Can't wait for LaD8 to emotionally destroy everyone.

I'm currently playing through all the Yakuza games I never finished (currently on 6, plan on doing 7 and Judgment next) in hopes of being caught up before 8 drops. Is Gaiden worth the full price, or should I wait for it to go on sale? I know it's a shorter game, so I was surprised to see it going for $50 USD

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Shinji2015 posted:

I'm currently playing through all the Yakuza games I never finished (currently on 6, plan on doing 7 and Judgment next) in hopes of being caught up before 8 drops. Is Gaiden worth the full price, or should I wait for it to go on sale? I know it's a shorter game, so I was surprised to see it going for $50 USD

Do you do all the side quests and completion lists in Yakuza games or just mainly do the story stuff? I was able to squeeze 60 hours out of the game doing all the stuff and playing a bunch of Mahjong, but if you are just interested in the story stuff I might wait for a sale. The game does have maybe the strongest endings and one of the best final bosses I've seen in a Yakuza game

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

Do you do all the side quests and completion lists in Yakuza games or just mainly do the story stuff? I was able to squeeze 60 hours out of the game doing all the stuff and playing a bunch of Mahjong, but if you are just interested in the story stuff I might wait for a sale. The game does have maybe the strongest endings and one of the best final bosses I've seen in a Yakuza game

I don't 100% the completion list, but I usually do significant chunks of it and finish all the side quests (which usually ends up burning me out), but I end up getting side tracked with another game by the time I get to the end game. That's why I'm going back now lol.

But that's good to know, thanks!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
okay, this most recent woolie slop stream is maybe my favorite of the ones I've seen so far. just some incredible poo poo being thrown at the two of them, from the detroit become human isn't about racism clip, to the mattpat horribly out of context clip, and I skipped ahead to later they watch one of alex henderson's INSANE donkey kong country animations and woolie gets his mind justifiably blown by that dude's insane talent

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

god yakuza 8 is just going to INVENT new KINDS of racism

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
You are not ready for the racism that already exists in Hawaii

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
I'm just looking forward to seeing how they're going to spin who the secret Korean is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
I'm not a betting man but I would probably go with the guy voiced by Daniel Dae Kim