Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

david_a posted:

Mickey traveling upriver in search of the legendary Agent Pete
“Never get off the boat, Minnie”

[Goofy]Never get off the boat... Absolutely gawrsh drat right.[/Goofy]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Ohhhhhhhhhh, so THAT'S why it's called Scott Pilgrim Takes Off

...oh.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

KittyEmpress posted:

That movie did so well in theaters (like 6 million dollars on a 300,000 total budget) that the creators have promised not only a sequel, but a full universe.

We are gonna get a steamboat Willie movie where he's stalking and killing passengers on a steamboat, almost certainly.

It's the laziest loving idea

E: ^^^^ lol I just got it too

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I would, no irony, love someone to do something stylistically similar to Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow using the Fleischer Superman cartoons as a base.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Edward Mass posted:

PBS has a streaming service, which is mostly free. It's $5/month for the whole thing, though.

I assumed the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation had covered it. ?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

SCheeseman posted:

I would, no irony, love someone to do something stylistically similar to Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow using the Fleischer Superman cartoons as a base.

gently caress, I'd be content with "something stylistically similar to Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow."

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Ohhhhhhhhhh, so THAT'S why it's called Scott Pilgrim Takes Off

...oh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJE3EgTGg9k

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Grand theft auto games coming to Netflix mobile

https://variety.com/2023/digital/news/netflix-grand-theft-auto-games-mobile-1235811931/amp/

Weird

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The Guilty, on Netflix, is good. Jake Gyllenhaal is a 911 operator with anger problems who has to marshal LA's useless police forces to save a kidnapped lady while the city is on fire.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Inspector Hound posted:

The Guilty, on Netflix, is good. Jake Gyllenhaal is a 911 operator with anger problems who has to marshal LA's useless police forces to save a kidnapped lady while the city is on fire.

I liked that one! Kept my focus despite taking place entirely in one room.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Shageletic posted:

It's the laziest loving idea

Lazy ideas get rewarded. People loved the idea of a Winnie the Pooh horror film not because it was a good unique idea, but because of a mix of love of "children's media turned evil" and "lol wouldn't it be funny to gently caress with disney".

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

I liked that one! Kept my focus despite taking place entirely in one room.

A ~"Chamber Piece"~

One of the better ones they've added. We're probably seeing more because they're cheaper to make, not because of a trend in storytelling.

e You shouldn't watch Legion, on Netflix, but Kevin Durand is going to play Elon Musk in a movie eventually and he knows it.

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Nov 30, 2023

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Inspector Hound posted:

e You shouldn't watch Legion, on Netflix, but Kevin Durand is going to play Elon Musk in a movie eventually and he knows it.

Are you secretly my bestie, who I just watched this movie with and he said the exact same thing??

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Inspector Hound posted:

A ~"Chamber Piece"~

One of the better ones they've added. We're probably seeing more because they're cheaper to make, not because of a trend in storytelling.

lol Durand is only 3 years younger than Musk.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

KittyEmpress posted:

Lazy ideas get rewarded. People loved the idea of a Winnie the Pooh horror film not because it was a good unique idea, but because of a mix of love of "children's media turned evil" and "lol wouldn't it be funny to gently caress with disney".

Blood and Honey was pretty fun imo

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

remigious posted:

Are you secretly my bestie, who I just watched this movie with and he said the exact same thing??

It can't be that difficult an observation

Baron von Eevl posted:

lol Durand is only 3 years younger than Musk.

They're nearly identical, he's like good universe Musk

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 30, 2023

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

KittyEmpress posted:

it made 5 million dollars; didn't seem to shake Disney to its core tbh

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Also some of that was just luck along with the media boosting it. It made me think to check on The Mean One, which was the same concept except for The Grinch, and Wikipedia says that it only got $600,000 at the box office.

But yeah I assume we're going to get more "dark" edgy children's stuff unless more of it flops.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Inspector Hound posted:

Haven't seen this remake but I recommend the original film for sure

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Tiny Timbs posted:

Blood and Honey was pretty fun imo

Really missed an opportunity by not calling it Blood and Hunny

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Really missed an opportunity by not calling it Blood and Hunny

I wouldn't be surprised if hunny was something created after the first book and using it would have opened them up to a lawsuit

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Also some of that was just luck along with the media boosting it. It made me think to check on The Mean One, which was the same concept except for The Grinch, and Wikipedia says that it only got $600,000 at the box office.

But yeah I assume we're going to get more "dark" edgy children's stuff unless more of it flops.

I’m pretty sure this dumb thing is what pushed Terrifier 3 to be set in Christmas. David Howard Thornton doing Christmas murder shanagins is too good to waste on a slasher film that uses cgi gore

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Haven't seen this remake but I recommend the original film for sure

Reading the description made me think of Tom Hardy in Locke. Great movie.

Baba Oh Really
May 21, 2005
Get 'ER done

theflyingexecutive posted:

it made 5 million dollars; didn't seem to shake Disney to its core tbh

Just wait until one of those parody types make over 100 million then they will start being assholes again. This may never happen because most hollywood people suck at comedy.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Love Has Won is wild, goddamn. Best cult doc since Wild Wild country for sure.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

veni veni veni posted:

Love Has Won is wild, goddamn. Best cult doc since Wild Wild country for sure.

Was just posting about this in the documentary thread. It's great! Not a surprise that it was produced by the Safdie brothers--it definitely aligns with their vibe.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Second half of the Squid Game reality show dropped on Netflix. Haven’t watched it all yet but they really had fun designing the tasks and games, lots of neat game theory.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Fargo is back and loving good

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Sweet. I kinda fell off during th Chris rock season. I just didn’t care about the characters. Like how do you make Chris rock boring

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

A MIRACLE posted:

Like how do you make Chris rock boring
step 1. have him try to act

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Put him in a romantic comedy

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Point a camera at him.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Ask to do stand up anytime in the last 15 years

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
That was definitely the weakest season so far but I still thought it was pretty good. Psycho nurse and Jason Schwartzman were awesome

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Alright guys I see Britt Marling is involved in this Murder at the End of the World show, is it going to end with an interpretive dance routine

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
I’ve watched all 4 episodes released so far and it starts out as a pretty standard “Agatha Christie” style murder mystery but there are some reveals in the third episode that could take it off the rails. Some of the dialog is kind of cringy, you could make a drinking game out of taking a shot every time a character exclaims “It’s a hack?!”, but so far I have been enjoying it.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Also OA season 2 is amazing and possibly one of the most batshit crazy things to ever air.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Tainen posted:

I’ve watched all 4 episodes released so far and it starts out as a pretty standard “Agatha Christie” style murder mystery but there are some reveals in the third episode that could take it off the rails. Some of the dialog is kind of cringy, you could make a drinking game out of taking a shot every time a character exclaims “It’s a hack?!”, but so far I have been enjoying it.

Yeah I ended up binging it today. I like it for the most part but like I posted in the couch chat thread it looks like they're going the "AI has become self aware and is killing people by hacking electronics like the pacemaker and protection suit". I really hope I'm wrong because I'm so over evil AI

mystes
May 31, 2006

Tainen posted:

I think it's pretty clever just for taking what seems like it's possibly a standard agatha christie style plot but making it feel pretty fresh in how it's told by incorporating elements like the internet true crime fan element, her writing a book, and all the hacking which somehow makes the idea of Darby being an amateur detective not seem at all trite even though that's a staple of the genre

Probably most of these elements have been done in other shows but the combination seems potentially better than the sum of its parts depending on how the rest of the show goes.

Also it seems to have some of the most realistic hacking of any tv show I've seen, although it's not 100% perfect (it kind of feels like they hired someone to work out the details, and that person explained it to them, so what's actually supposed to be happening makes sense, but when they writers went to write the dialog it was ever so slightly off)

Also yeah season 2 of the OA was crazy in a great way

mystes fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Dec 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Creator was pretty dumb but I liked the production design. I could imagine 2065 US imperialism looking like that.