Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
:sickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

:suspense:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

lmao at Kana being all :stonk: at what just happened, poor girl got saddled with quite the role to play.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Super Jay Mann posted:

lmao at Kana being all :stonk: at what just happened, poor girl got saddled with quite the role to play.

Hardest role for the best actress, makes sense.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

seriously had to go back a few chapters to remember who's who with the wigs

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Rubellavator posted:

seriously had to go back a few chapters to remember who's who with the wigs

The hair accessories help, but yeah, kept going back to check until it was made apparent later on in the chapter.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Pretty sure I'll only get this arc fully when it's animated and they put each of the girls in a different color theme.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

holy poo poo this series

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
wow, didn't expect to see Ai's old team members.

what a crazy cutoff at the end....fffff

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
New teaser visual and PV for Season 2
https://x.com/oshinoko_global/status/1728746087002128757?s=20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GCyQkTSgk0

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Double post, but it’s a new chapter so hope it’s okay

133:https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1019307
Double the suffering, double the fun! Aka really cooking here

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Oh. That’s good hurtin’.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
No.

Oh dear god no.

Why does it have to be like this.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
HURT ME MORE, AKA

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Well this seems like a healthy and productive way to deal with repressed traumas and feelings of inadequacy.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Well this seems like a healthy and productive way to deal with repressed traumas and feelings of inadequacy.

She's a better match for Aqua than we thought :v:

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Kana's just really really into the Method.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Honestly, it probably is more healthy than ways most people do it.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Kana, no :ohdear:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Remember, she's doing it out of love

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

that's the whole manga

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
To think that the ruthless gold-digging shallow wife/manager became the moral giant of this story.

Of ANY story.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

I can academically understand why Kana did that, but drat, girl didn’t need to go that hard.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
this is your fault ruby, for being such a bad actor, Kana has to play the bad guy

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Those dumbasses sure are teenagers.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Why didn't they just get a better actor to play Ai?

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Nebrilos posted:

This is not just a movie, as Ruby herself points out.

It's a kind of family-forging (or breaking!) ordeal.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Sephyr posted:

This is not just a movie, as Ruby herself points out.

It's a kind of family-forging (or breaking!) ordeal.

Ruby is hilariously wrong about what this movie is for. It is an elaborate revenge scheme, the exact opposite of coming to terms with the past and moving on.

ZiegeDame fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 30, 2023

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Nebrilos posted:

They tried. There was a whole arc about it.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ZiegeDame posted:

Ruby is hilariously wrong about what this movie is for. It is an elaborate revenge scheme, the exact opposite of coming to terms with the past and moving on.

Hey, worked for Inigo Montoya.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 1, 2023

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
And Hamlet, oh wait

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Aqua should just go “bet you couldn’t give my murderer father a heart attack even if you tried” to the loli spirit.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

And Hamlet, oh wait

Hamlet's problem was not doing enough revenge. If he'd just gotten down to business, he'd have been fine.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
134 https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1019244

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
You're a method actor or you're a PHONEY, says genius mangaka Aka Akasaka!

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
Insert that Robert Pattinson quote that for some mysterious reason people only do method as assholes

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
My dear boy, why don't you try ACTING? It's so much easier

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
I mean, the characters saying these things are in the age range where I'd fully expect them to subscribe to bullshit mysticism about true acting, so I'd take all this with a grain of salt. Oshi no Ko doesn't have Kaguya-sama's narrator to chime in and say, "BTW, they're spouting bullshit," and sometimes I feel like that's to the detriment of individual chapters.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Einander posted:

Oshi no Ko doesn't have Kaguya-sama's narrator to chime in and say, "BTW, they're spouting bullshit," and sometimes I feel like that's to the detriment of individual chapters.

It's not a detriment at all, people have to learn sooner or later that not all characters are reliable or as knowledgeable as the rest of us! It just requires a level of engagement beyond simply taking people's words at face value.

Frill is a character who has not been given anywhere near the level of shading as anyone else in this series but that's no reason to assume she isn't as full of poo poo as everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Especially considering the literal best actor in the series we've seen is Akane, and she's not a method actor, she's a psycho level researcher.