Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Why do we want turkeys? Do they do anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Twincityhacker posted:

Sent some AP.

I'm debating opening up chests for more anchient coins for cooked turkeys. Sure, it's mailbox/background cosmetics, but temptation.

Gottem thanks. and yeah same question on turkeys

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Nothing does anything for the most part. Just buy a few for museum completion and also to have some on hand in case they will be used for something in the future, like a special help request.

There’s about a 0% chance they’ll have a help request this or next month that they allow short circuiting by pre-emptively buying the special items at Borgen. There’s a non-zero chance they’ll decide to use the item for a random quest next year though where by chance you’ll already have it.

Too late now but don’t fret.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Turned out I had enough for the mailbox despite only buying a few yesterday "just because." So yeah, especially for something as cheap as ancient coins just buy stuff.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Does anyone have bone broth? I need 500 all of a sudden for some dumb quest, and I’m slowly cooking up 7 at a time, now up to 177

ign: hambeet

hambeet fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Nov 25, 2023

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

hambeet posted:

Does anyone have bone broth? I need 500 all of a sudden for some dumb quest, and I’m slowly cooking up 7 at a time, now up to 177

ign: hambeet

Not mailable. Sent OJ.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

H110Hawk posted:

Not mailable. Sent OJ.

Oh lol of course it isn’t. Cheers! Sent some nets back. Guess I’m making a bunch more fruit punch at reset.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

What pets are people upgrading to level 7?

I’ve done a few, but unsure if any of the others are worth it?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i have the baboon, the fox, the capybara, and the skunk at level 8 and the rest at level 7.

the skunk for pie tins and corn oil, the capybara for the essentials, the fox for keys, and the baboon for corn and grape juice.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
Capybara, skunk, onion, parrot.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

How often does the axes for mug o beer exchange show up? Been waiting for what feels like a week now and no sign of it. Do I need to clear some of the other ones first?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I get it at least twice, maybe three times a week? From what I can tell it’s entirely random.

Edit: I just sent you some as I have heaps. How many more do you need?

hambeet fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 27, 2023

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

hambeet posted:

I get it at least twice, maybe three times a week? From what I can term it’s entirely random.

Edit: I just sent you some as I have heaps. How many more do you need?

35 is more than enough, thanks a ton. I'll make sure to pay it forward in the future. In the mean time I will shake my fist at RNG anyway :argh:

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

If any newer players are dealing with a honey shortage, today is your day

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
On Corn of Interest 29 and drat do I hate steel wire. My steelworks is pretty invested but I’m still always waiting on the wire. And it feels terrible wasting cider or AP on carbon spheres for wire

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

you're eventually going to need many hundreds of dragon skulls, so farming up some carbon spheres isn't the worst waste of your time

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Nearly finished the crests quest, ugh, and that leads to star map?

:negative:

the later game grind becomes less fun but the sunk cost fallacy is compelling or some poo poo idk. gently caress!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
It's meant to be a long term endgame goal, and I think it's broadly successful at being that. But yeah, trying to use a thousand ciders at a time to farm moonstones for pie pans or copper wires for potato batteries is not exactly riveting gameplay.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

what is happening today

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

As someone with only a few days to their account, how do I best turn my dwindling orange and lemon juice stocks into the 94 snowballs I need to get 30m?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Griddle of Love posted:

As someone with only a few days to their account, how do I best turn my dwindling orange and lemon juice stocks into the 94 snowballs I need to get 30m?

What's your in game name

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What's your in game name

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
And further more why is your mailbox so small?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

H110Hawk posted:

Yeah what's the deal Griddle of Love, let us shower you with snow

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

H110Hawk posted:

Because everyone in this game wants my gold, but only some offer compelling discounts.

Changed my user name to be the same as on here.

Edit: I lied, it's Griddle Of Love, in case capitalisation matters.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Griddle of Love posted:

Because everyone in this game wants my gold, but only some offer compelling discounts.

Changed my user name to be the same as on here.

Edit: I lied, it's Griddle Of Love, in case capitalisation matters.

Cool. Your mailbox is full. :v: it's a very good investment right now so we can drown you in OJ and stuff.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Thanks to a few generous goons, I can now say "Ha ha ha, I'm rich!"

Time to invest these ill gotten gains into warehousing and wood and iron production, I think. Shootout to Admiral Joeslop, Jezzerh and Rakeris for enabling this!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

are there any patterns to the farm supply upgrades or a way of knowing what's coming up next?

i've held off on upgrading the final orchard level for the last couple of weeks on the off chance it'll be on sale soon. dunno if i should just suck it up and get on with it, considering it'll probably only be 20% off or such.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

hambeet posted:

are there any patterns to the farm supply upgrades or a way of knowing what's coming up next?

i've held off on upgrading the final orchard level for the last couple of weeks on the off chance it'll be on sale soon. dunno if i should just suck it up and get on with it, considering it'll probably only be 20% off or such.

I'd just go ahead and do it. If it's a significant chunk of your savings, it'll help you build up quicker and if it's chump change, why haven't you already done it.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Is there a going rate for the fancy present in trade?

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
Bone broth in Borgen's today - stock up!

A124!
Jun 28, 2009
There was a little whoopsie with stamina so there's a quest for a free cranberry juice until the end of tomorrow

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is there something specific I should be crafting at crafting 93 to make maximum silver for minimum effort or am I on the right track with sturdy bows and shields.

Lanterns too I guess if I have twine but no paste but it's usually the other way around.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

IcePhoenix posted:

Is there something specific I should be crafting at crafting 93 to make maximum silver for minimum effort or am I on the right track with sturdy bows and shields.

Lanterns too I guess if I have twine but no paste but it's usually the other way around.

Presumably you want to focus on Large Nets, with smatterings of Crossbows and Fancy Guitars (haven’t played the game in a while, not sure if that is still good advice)

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I’ve been hoarding my cranberry juice for an orchard upgrade but I figured I’d use the free one.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Klungar posted:

Presumably you want to focus on Large Nets, with smatterings of Crossbows and Fancy Guitars (haven’t played the game in a while, not sure if that is still good advice)

oh I'm doing that too but I'm using those for fish to sell not crafted stuff to sell and there's not much crossover (the twine I guess but the antler bottleneck is too strong for that to matter really)

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Lol opened 1000 large chests instead of 100 for AC. whoops.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Been there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Is there an end game use for the Spooky pie? It's been loitering in my inventory for ages.