Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Supporting unhinged bisexual women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don’t understand why they put these out so early it’s not even December

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Escobarbarian posted:

To prevent Christmas music clogging them up.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Olivia wasn't in my top artists despite listening to all of GUTS like 20x :confused:

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Carly Rae Jepsen #1 three years running. I'm becoming a parody of myself

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Athletic Footjob posted:

To prevent Christmas music clogging them up.

Its true if they put it out in December it would just be The Darkness as everyone's top artist.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://twitter.com/nickostrem/status/1729913513911480537?s=46&t=5gxKQFzDrDvx-7j58Ypw3g

GUTS was my most played album

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Spotify hates to see Mariah win.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I got a special message from Tay Tay :smug:

1. Taylor
2. CRJ
3. Girls Aloud
4. Marina
5. Lana Del Rey

And my top songs are a whole load of obscure gay poo poo

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

My actual best songs list:

I’ve Loved You For So Long - The Aces
Thirsty - aespa
Rush - Ayra Starr
Not Strong Enough - Boygenius
Psychedelic Switch - Carly Rae Jepsen
Red Wine Supernova - Chappell Roan
I DO - (G)I-DLE
Area Codes (718 Remix) [feat. Kenzo B] - Kaliii
Money - Lola Young
Body Better - Maisie Peters
ETA - NewJeans
AM:PM - NOTD & Maia Wright
Vampire - Olivia Rodrigo
Snow Angel - Renee Rapp
PainHub - salem ilese
Hungry Heart - Steve Aoki, Galantis, & Hailey Kiyoko
missin u - Tori Kelly
Rising - tripleS
On My Mama - Victoria Monét
Shooting Star - XG

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
I was apparently in the top 2% of tswift listeners this year. Following her were Fall Out Boy, Offspring, Royal and the Serpent, and Vicetone.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
I’m very confused as to how Tove Lo, Marina, and Sleigh Bells missed my top five. Felt like I marathoned their newest albums way more than some of the other stuff on my list

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I am pretty sure wrapped is not accurate ever, I listen to a Mac miller playlist literally every morning and have for half a decade and he’s never been in my top list

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Rageaholic posted:

Olivia wasn't in my top artists despite listening to all of GUTS like 20x :confused:

Yeah I know something bugged out and it didn't track most of my music bc it says I only listened to like 300 songs total? Not like 300 separate songs but 300 listens

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I had a little look at my Apple Music one and the new FOB album isn’t in top albums despite me listening to it front to back a ton of times and them being high up in my top artists (barely listened to the other albums this year) so yeah these things have issues

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Since I frequently use YouTube Music to put stuff on in the background for various celebrations or just to have something on (which usually means not just catering to my own tastes), I can pretty much guarantee that my end-of-year thing will be meaningless.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Escobarbarian posted:

I had a little look at my Apple Music one and the new FOB album isn’t in top albums despite me listening to it front to back a ton of times and them being high up in my top artists (barely listened to the other albums this year) so yeah these things have issues

:lol: your post specifically made me go look at my Wrapped playlist and mine checks out

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Escobarbarian posted:

You can check play counts on Apple Music on the computer app, I’d be curious to know if it wasn’t counted at all and your play count is unusually low or if the Replay just missed it.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I guess I’m in the right thread.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This is a banger

https://youtu.be/YYtq93xOADI?si=YwxcjPIUmf0IjNyU

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Seeing Sky Ferreira in five days. Fuckin' pinch me.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Criminal Minded posted:

I’m really curious to know what she would even play

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Criminal Minded posted:

She starts 2 hours after the show is supposed to start. I saw her last night, she came out at around 10:40 pm and played 20 songs, (1 new unreleased track, 2 covers, the rest were from Ghost EP and Night time, My Time). She had a tea to babysit her throat/voice, apparently she was losing it at her Dallas show. Anyway yeah the show was dope as hell, she still seems like she has a ton of anxiety and stage fright. But once the music starts, she turns it the gently caress on. At my show she did restart 1 song (Ghost). I personally loved her set. I saw her at Barcelona last year and it was a show riddled with problems but was still fun. She started late as hell and I was extremely DEAD at work today, but it was worth it. She owns. I wish her the best always.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

The REAL Goobusters posted:

She starts 2 hours after the show is supposed to start. I saw her last night, she came out at around 10:40 pm and played 20 songs, (1 new unreleased track, 2 covers, the rest were from Ghost EP and Night time, My Time). She had a tea to babysit her throat/voice, apparently she was losing it at her Dallas show. Anyway yeah the show was dope as hell, she still seems like she has a ton of anxiety and stage fright. But once the music starts, she turns it the gently caress on. At my show she did restart 1 song (Ghost). I personally loved her set. I saw her at Barcelona last year and it was a show riddled with problems but was still fun. She started late as hell and I was extremely DEAD at work today, but it was worth it. She owns. I wish her the best always.

That's great to hear, I hope the audience gives her patience since it sounds like she delivers after it all unlike e.g. Lauryn Hill (lmao). I'm gonna lose my mind when "I Blame Myself" or "You're Not the One" kicks in.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I've seen her 10 years / 7 years ago and like 1 single has come out since then? I've been on the fence about going next week, but wondered if there is anything new and an opener? Haven't seen anything advertised for one.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Slandible posted:

I've seen her 10 years / 7 years ago and like 1 single has come out since then? I've been on the fence about going next week, but wondered if there is anything new and an opener? Haven't seen anything advertised for one.

There is no opener.

You can find the setlist here: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/sky-ferreira/2023/emos-austin-tx-bae959e.html

I went knowing not much new stuff would be played but I love that album of hers so much and hearing it live has always done it for me. I also even loved her comeback single that many places called boring, "Don't Forget." Its a good song!

Criminal Minded posted:

That's great to hear, I hope the audience gives her patience since it sounds like she delivers after it all unlike e.g. Lauryn Hill (lmao). I'm gonna lose my mind when "I Blame Myself" or "You're Not the One" kicks in.

I'm gonna be honest, people were getting upset and started to leave before she took the stage. I would suggest just get comfy and find something to spend the time on lol

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Dec 2, 2023

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I missed this news but Eras tour movie is out on streaming on Dec 13. Rental only though.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

God drat, Olivia keeps killing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5AjFq4JQFQ

She substituted "dream crusher" for "fame fucker" on Vampire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR-pos12iTA

That set for All American Bitch with the band playing around her was really impressive. I don't watch it regularly, but when was the last time a musical guest had a set like that on SNL?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Rageaholic posted:

God drat, Olivia keeps killing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5AjFq4JQFQ

She substituted "dream crusher" for "fame fucker" on Vampire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR-pos12iTA

That set for All American Bitch with the band playing around her was really impressive. I don't watch it regularly, but when was the last time a musical guest had a set like that on SNL?

Yeah the non explicit album version is recorded with that. (It's the one my daughter listens to). As for AAB, I've seen some of the more "artistic" performances like Kanye that have minor set pieces but not quite like that. That was awesome

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Honestly “famecrusher” isn’t quite as bad as having to take the swears out of all American bitch, although I’m glad she got to perform her favorite song on live tv.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Haven’t managed to catch the vid yet so I’m just gonna pretend she says “all-american trick”

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Escobarbarian posted:

Haven’t managed to catch the vid yet so I’m just gonna pretend she says “all-american trick”

Bitch ain't one of the 7 fine-able words, kevin.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Rich Girl by Hall & Oates prominently features the word bitch and was played on mainstream radio as far back as 1976. We all love bitches here.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I think it’s the “motherfucker” that probably needs editing. Just a guess

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

exquisite tea posted:

Rich Girl by Hall & Oates prominently features the word bitch and was played on mainstream radio as far back as 1976. We all love bitches here.

Songs with bitch on the radio:

- Elton John - The Bitch Is Back
- Nazareth - Son of a Bitch
- Nathaniel Rateliff - S.O.B.
- The Rolling Stone - Bitch
- Meredith Brooks - Bitch

Songs with bitch censored on the radio:

- Anything by black people

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

There's a local radio station that won't even let Avril say It's A drat Cold Night.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

BigFactory posted:

I think it’s the “motherfucker” that probably needs editing. Just a guess

There’s also the “grateful all the fuckin’ time” at the end. It does not censor “goddamn Kennedy” which is funny because they took the “God” out of the Vampire chorus for the radio edit and left a weird space. I assume she doesn’t put it back in performances of the censored version because then she’s more likely to drop an F bomb on live television, which would be cool as hell but also probably get her banned from SNL for a minute, which would be a same because I think next time she’ll be at the level of bigness that would let her host and musical guest at the same time. (I’m honestly surprised they didn’t ask that of her this time but Adam Driver is a very good host so I don’t think it matters all that much)

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
"Goddamn" is usually not kosher on broadcast TV, but it's ambiguous enough that it's not going to cause some kind of major incident if it slips through. It is censored on the clean album version though. ("Got class and integrity, I'm graceful as a Kennedy")

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

TurnipFritter posted:

There's a local radio station that won't even let Avril say It's A drat Cold Night.

Pretty disgusting they won’t let her use “night”. Is it because that’s when it’s dark outside? Horrendous racism and censorship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmh3iruf4RA

Rules. Started with my favorite album cut and this version of Vampire is way better than the piano solo version she did on SNL. I get why she does that version but the instrumentation is so key to that song being as good as it is so having a full band and vocalists makes it way better naturally. And she breaks out the best ballad too.

edit: at this point I think she’s played all but two songs from GUTS live and publicly available. Just Pretty Isn’t Pretty and Logical remain. I love pretty isn’t pretty so I hope she plays it somewhere at some point. I know that’s not a popular opinion but at least one person agrees with me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxueXHnzID8

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Dec 11, 2023