Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Any news on the acid tanker man? I can’t stop thinking about it. (Sorry if that sounds weird)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The homeowners are morally obligated to install a ramp right about here:

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
if those cyclists manned up and drove cars like real men this wouldn't even be an issue

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Computer viking posted:

It reminds me of root cause analysis in other fields: If users keep making a mistake, blaming the users is not productive. If bikers keep slamming into a gate while going at normal bike path speed, and that doesn't happen elsewhere, then maybe the design of the gate is part of the problem.

When I’m doing root cause analysis and corrective actions for safety incidents, the first thing I always look at is “would 90 percent of people in this situation have done the same thing?”

The answer is almost always yes. The only times it’s not are usually someone did something just belligerently dumb, was out of their mind on substances, or deliberate self-harm. It’s something I always try to drill into the heads of management because if you figure out why a system breaks you not only make it safer, you make it more productive. Everyone just thinks safety is there to slow things down though.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
You know if we had full self driving bicycles these types of cyclist-on-gate collisions could be eliminated.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Bikeframe parachutes should be mandatory

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Ugly In The Morning posted:

When I’m doing root cause analysis and corrective actions for safety incidents, the first thing I always look at is “would 90 percent of people in this situation have done the same thing?”

The answer is almost always yes. The only times it’s not are usually someone did something just belligerently dumb, was out of their mind on substances, or deliberate self-harm. It’s something I always try to drill into the heads of management because if you figure out why a system breaks you not only make it safer, you make it more productive. Everyone just thinks safety is there to slow things down though.

But that doesn't make me feel smugly self-superior to the oblivious fools who hurt themselves and deserved it!

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

We should give the gate a gun.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

LimaBiker posted:

3 people in 8 months is a ridiculously high number, even more so because it doesn't look like some kind of super busy road.

3 in 8 years would be 'eh' territory. Still, paint the drat thing in the appropriate colors.

You were one of them, weren't you?

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002

Computer viking posted:

It's only been around in the UK in its current form since 2000, though that law could be seen as resurrecting an old right. Either way it's a bit limited compared to other countries in northern Europe.

It's worth pointing out that we only have right to roam over about 8% of land in England. Yes, once again, the schad is the British class system/the monarchy.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
please stop gatekeeping the gatekeepers

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

LimaBiker posted:

doesn't look like some kind of super busy road.

The worn path next to the gate seems to suggest otherwise.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Furious George posted:

It's worth pointing out that we only have right to roam over about 8% of land in England. Yes, once again, the schad is the British class system/the monarchy.

Heh, another reason to emigrate to Scotland

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Mr. Crow posted:

Imagine 4 gates at the edge of a cliff

common opening for a zealot rush

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/5WXpFjS.mp4

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The virgin bicyclist vs the Chad gate.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
person on the scooter doesn't count

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Cartoon Man posted:

The virgin bicyclist vs the Chad gate.

The virgin cyclist:
Thin and lean
Can't afford a car
Wants to get "healthy"
"Cares" about the planet

The chad gate:
Stealthy
Immovable Object
Has killed a man
Doesn't have to yield to bikes

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I remember doing this and having the same realization as a kid. Fortunately it didn't get recorded and posted online, so nobody will ever know of my embarrassment :smugdog:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
That's why I just use my knees as the vice if I'm bowsawing wood.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Seems like something I would do but about 3 times longer than I'd take to realize it.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

20 Blunts posted:

person on the scooter doesn't count

They deserve it

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
It's a well-built gate, at least. Just shrugs those hits off.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
I was too busy thinking she was going to slip and saw her own head off to notice the other thing.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://i.imgur.com/ZiotYr9.mp4

A laser that can burn rust off metal won't hurt your eyes, right?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Scratch Monkey posted:

No, your eyes are made of almost no rust at all

_____!
May 2, 2004

You know you're doing it wrong if you take fewer precautions than Backdoor Scientist.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Scratch Monkey posted:

The video is clearly reversed. They are adding artisanal rust.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Scratch Monkey posted:

They always demonstrate these lasers on steel beams and railroad tracks. I want to see what happens if you point it at a crusty wheelarch on an 80s car.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Don't you need a mask for that too?

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

The internet is down.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Konar posted:

I went and put a big gently caress off reflector on the gate can you all shut the gently caress up now, 75 more idiot bikers immediately plowed into it like moths into a flame

Why would a reflector do anything when they’re riding in daylight without headlights?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
raise the road so it goes higher than the gate, obviously

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

ILL Machina posted:

Iron Oxide only has a bunch of bad health risks if you inhale it so probably nothing to worry ab--oh wait.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Why don't they just raise the gate or lower the road?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

ILL Machina posted:

Ok mom, I'll make sure to wear a mask, so that I don't inhale any lasers.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

evobatman posted:

They always demonstrate these lasers on steel beams and railroad tracks. I want to see what happens if you point it at a crusty wheelarch on an 80s car.

Yes. I also want to know what happens if you hit a waxoil soaked series landrover chassis with it.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Technically OSHA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Technically OSHA

Finally, I keep breaking dildos under load. They just shear. I'm tired of worrying that one day I'm going to survive my last dildo accident.