Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Tormented posted:

FYI - You cannot buy licensed killers with IRI shards. Guessing its because they have to give a kickback to the licensee holders.

Yep this is correct. Can't buy characters or outfits for licensed characters with shards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Great news guys, the new trickster still sucks rear end.

edit: After several games as him, he is somehow worse than before. This is BHVR as gently caress.

Kwolok fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 29, 2023

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Maybe if he sucks enough I'll be able to play him without survivors quiting the match. :v:

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Unhappy Meal posted:

Maybe if he sucks enough I'll be able to play him without survivors quiting the match. :v:

He still only accels really at loving up people during unhook. He is a normal speed killer now but they effectively neutered knives, so hitting with m1 is more important than it was before. Its really a shame.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Id like to play this new chukis tacos fella but these 20 min killer queues are the real killers of my desire to play killer.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Trickster is bugged and doesn’t get fire rate increases from his ability. Likely because the nerf to his default fire rate was done across the board or some spaghetti code thing

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

she sticks her tongue out and gives the survivor the finger when she downs something

release of the decade

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

tithin posted:

she sticks her tongue out and gives the survivor the finger when she downs something

release of the decade

I noticed the finger but not the tongue, this is the best killer ever made.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I gotta say, new Trickster feels kinda terrible. Not super surprising when they...

1. Increased his throw rate
2. To compensate for this, increased the amount of hits required for wounds to 8
3. Increased the laceration fall off speed considerably
4. To compensate, took off the throw speed ramp up
4. Lowered the throw rate to what it was before. Didn't undo 2, 3 or 4.

So this rework is actually a pretty big nerf. New main event also feels kinda bad, because it still has the same problem as the old one (you only have it available for a very short amount of time), but now the power lasts a lot less than before.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Yeah I mean even in the PTB he felt like a Halo 1 assault rifle when throwing knives, better be ready to hold steady on an enemy and empty the whole drat clip if you're going to take them down. If there's *any* terrain around then you have half your work undone by the time you can line up your sights again.

It's the curse of most ranged killers, they have to be balanced around someone being a CS master preshooting around corners and nailing every knife they throw out while most of the playerbase can't actually do that.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

But why, Johnny already loving sucked?

When people wanted TCM to be more like DBD, this is not what they meant!

Basically he was swinging faster and getting tiny speed boosts that he wasn't meant to be getting, by swiping at people while chasing them, so instead of actually thinking "Well, this is all he's good at anyway" and just tweaking it some, they made it to where his lunging attacks now more or less grind his momentum to a halt after, made his stamina costs worse, then they made his tracking ability suck even more just for good measure. I see like a pretty hard divide in people's comments on it elsewhere too, where lotta victims are more or less circlejerking over how big scary Johnny deserved it, while anyone that played him is going "Wow this sucks pretty bad, why" and just, man, he was already getting an innate nerf just by virtue of Leatherface not HAVING to exist anymore, I don't know why they beat him over the head along with it.

Like if I was gonna go on a conspiracy bent, next to Leatherface, Johnny was often considered the next rung on the 'Killer' side for family, so I'd almost wonder if they stomped him out just to incentivize picking LF more instead.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Nov 29, 2023

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Yardbomb posted:

Basically he was swinging faster and getting tiny speed boosts that he wasn't meant to be getting, by swiping at people while chasing them, so instead of actually thinking "Well, this is all he's good at anyway" and just tweaking it some, they made it to where his lunging attacks now more or less grind his momentum to a halt after, made his stamina costs worse, then they made his tracking ability suck even more just for good measure. I see like a pretty hard divide in people's comments on it elsewhere too, where lotta victims are more or less circlejerking over how big scary Johnny deserved it, while anyone that played him is going "Wow this sucks pretty bad, why" and just, man, he was already getting an innate nerf just by virtue of Leatherface not HAVING to exist anymore, I don't know why they beat him over the head along with it.

Like if I was gonna go on a conspiracy bent, next to Leatherface, Johnny was often considered the next rung on the 'Killer' side for family, so I'd almost wonder if they stomped him out just to incentivize picking LF more instead.

People on reddit posted a twitch video of a dev saying in the past the increased lunge speed was on purpose

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Yardbomb posted:

The TCM sub has some of the most entitled survivor mains I've ever seen in asym history. And then they wonder why it takes them 10+ minutes to find a game. TCM is dead. It's corpse will continue to rattle on for a bit longer.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I think I like Skull Merchant. :shobon: Got the Adept easily, power flows pretty smoothly. Then again I am a die-hard M1 fundamentals melon head so layering a bunch of free info and M1 chase enhancements is gravy for me. Probably falls apart against stronger survivors.

Still, muh refined contrarian tastes. :smug:

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
New Smerchant is like. I want to like her for those reasons but there are games where it just feels very "get to filler tile, place drone, wait for free hit" that turn me off of her still. She's definitely more interesting than before, but she's not clicking for me still.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Doomykins posted:

I think I like Skull Merchant. :shobon: Got the Adept easily, power flows pretty smoothly. Then again I am a die-hard M1 fundamentals melon head so layering a bunch of free info and M1 chase enhancements is gravy for me. Probably falls apart against stronger survivors.

Still, muh refined contrarian tastes. :smug:

Same on all counts, definitely nowhere near high tier but fun as heck.

I'll likely forever return to Pig since I'll never ever get tired of that stun noise and the dopamine rush of a head pop is hard to beat, but SM is one I'll dabble in from time to time.

Relyssa fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 30, 2023

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

TheWorldsaStage posted:

People on reddit posted a twitch video of a dev saying in the past the increased lunge speed was on purpose

:lmao:

Jesus so Johnny really did just get buried because people whined I guess.

Kwolok posted:

The TCM sub has some of the most entitled survivor mains I've ever seen in asym history.

I saw some people going absolutely apeshit over the "1m without victim powers" thing too and like, let's be real that was aimed at Connie primarily, because more and more people were getting video evidence of her just bolting out of gas station games for free almost before anyone had a chance of responding.

It just kinda blows me away because like, I play family way more than victim, but in what victim matches I do have, I've watched more than a few Johnnys eventually ragequit because I just kept slipping back and forth through a gap and nobody came to help him, the dude was mostly helpless if he didn't get backup or catch you out of place.

Also they didn't even think to boost the priority of the new map, so a ton of lobbies are stuck in purgatory because people are hopping only looking for the new map.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Nov 30, 2023

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Also when does my boy get in the game, it's all I want out of TCM anymore, Bill Moseley would probly be totally down to voice him too.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Oh dear lord this is loving perfect

E: oh and yeah, so the community manager on the reddit is either horribly misinformed or straight up lying, because I saw them calling the lunge speed a bug earlier today

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Nov 30, 2023

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Oh dear lord this is loving perfect

E: oh and yeah, so the community manager on the reddit is either horribly misinformed or straight up lying, because I saw them calling the lunge speed a bug earlier today

Their Dev/comm team are some of the most petulant, unprofessional individuals I've ever seen

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
TCM leatherface has a new issue where overheading will drain all his rev meter and doing anything will stall the chainsaw. But if you just wait a second (you can watch his animations), you can continue revving and attack. Its definitely new because I could overhead, rev to keep from stalling, and immediately start swinging. I guess its balanced because connie and sonny were easy to kill with the old way.

Half of my matches, bubba is already picked. So tales of his demise are exaggerated. He's not required imo but he's the fastest and strongest family member. I don't know why people wouldn't play him.

I wish people would complain about Johnny's power sucking instead of a glitch being fixed. I haven't spent a minute playing him so whatever.

Black Nancy is pretty strong. Her power is interesting, a teammate was telling me everything victims were doing. Cook can locate people but can't see who's around or what they are doing like that. Her barbed wire is pretty cool too. No way I'm spending $10-$20 on DLC for a $40 game.

The new map is creative. I'm pretty impressed they can rework the same theme in different ways. Gives me confidence they can last. But TCM needs a battlepass system because I don't have a lot of incentive to play outside of a few matches.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I'm gonna say it. Chucky is too strong. That sprint attack can curve way too much. There are a TON of scenarios that you simply cannot do anything about it. And its not like the rest of his kit is bad either...

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I dunno, Chucky’s a real feast or famine Killer for me. If survivors know how to dodge his dash and are moderately competent, I’ve been ending up with 1K. If they’re less experienced and don’t dodge him very well, it’s an easy 3-4K.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I dunno, Chucky’s a real feast or famine Killer for me. If survivors know how to dodge his dash and are moderately competent, I’ve been ending up with 1K. If they’re less experienced and don’t dodge him very well, it’s an easy 3-4K.

Uhhh its kinda hard to dodge if the killer isn't on controller. It can curve more than any other dash in the game by a huge margin. It can basically 90 degree Oni tech while also being way way more forgiving during the dash as well. Its not even that there are 50/50's, there are a ton of no wins for survivors in chase.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Kwolok posted:

I'm gonna say it. Chucky is too strong. That sprint attack can curve way too much. There are a TON of scenarios that you simply cannot do anything about it. And its not like the rest of his kit is bad either...

Counterpoint: I can't hit poo poo with it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Kwolok posted:

Uhhh its kinda hard to dodge if the killer isn't on controller. It can curve more than any other dash in the game by a huge margin. It can basically 90 degree Oni tech while also being way way more forgiving during the dash as well. Its not even that there are 50/50's, there are a ton of no wins for survivors in chase.

That might explain it, I’m playing on console

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Yeah, I got my adept by "curving" immediately out of a window vault (holding Q or E lets you turn about 30 degrees in that direction) into a Nancy who thought she was super smart for running left into the rows of desks after vaulting the midwich classroom window (the one that spawns the breakable door every time). Something that straight up is not possible on console.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXi_yUxQamc

The camera jerking to the left and then slowing down shortly after is not me letting go of Q, it's the turn speed returning to normal.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

OK I think this is a good time to ask: curving. Is it just binding turn left/turn right to Q and E, and then holding down one of them while also moving the mouse in that direction? I've been mostly playing on console these past few years due to cat reasons, but I'm back on PC now.

Have a cat stalking a bird (who is outside my fourth floor flat's window)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

OK I think this is a good time to ask: curving. Is it just binding turn left/turn right to Q and E, and then holding down one of them while also moving the mouse in that direction? I've been mostly playing on console these past few years due to cat reasons, but I'm back on PC now.

Have a cat stalking a bird (who is outside my fourth floor flat's window)

That, or some streamers use extremely high DPI on their mouse. Watch LilithOmen and ask him about it, he goes into great detail.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

curiousTerminal posted:

Yeah, I got my adept by "curving" immediately out of a window vault (holding Q or E lets you turn about 30 degrees in that direction) into a Nancy who thought she was super smart for running left into the rows of desks after vaulting the midwich classroom window (the one that spawns the breakable door every time). Something that straight up is not possible on console.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXi_yUxQamc

The camera jerking to the left and then slowing down shortly after is not me letting go of Q, it's the turn speed returning to normal.

WAIT, that lil guy can dash and not get cancelled by the environnement? Amazing.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

L.U.I.G.I posted:

WAIT, that lil guy can dash and not get cancelled by the environnement? Amazing.

Yeah, you can even jump over windows and pallets while the dash is active and keep going. It's going to be a tragedy when the devs inevitably nerf it due to the cacophonous wailing about survivors having to actually "hide" or "use alternate paths".

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Let them feel fear

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Chucky seems extremely strong right now but we'll have to see how he settles once skilled survivors learn how to avoid his run. It's similar to Oni's in that you have a little wiggle room but not much, and hugging is tough to do for most players.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
He is stronger than blight imo (in chase). Though his mobility leaves some to be desired but he can use charge for mobility since the cooldown is so drat low.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Chucky's Two Can Play is a funny perk when you think about it because it is only really effective when someone blinds you with a flashlight or flashbang during a chase, which would allow you to negate the blind by also disorienting them too. But 99% of the time when you're blinded it's because someone is doing it for points or kicks while you're locked into an animation anyways.

It's just such a weird perk because Lightborn is better than it in basically every way. Imo they need to either greatly increase the blind on survivors or, even better, blind the survivors while negating the blind on killer.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

CuddleCryptid posted:

Chucky's Two Can Play is a funny perk when you think about it because it is only really effective when someone blinds you with a flashlight or flashbang during a chase, which would allow you to negate the blind by also disorienting them too. But 99% of the time when you're blinded it's because someone is doing it for points or kicks while you're locked into an animation anyways.

It's just such a weird perk because Lightborn is better than it in basically every way. Imo they need to either greatly increase the blind on survivors or, even better, blind the survivors while negating the blind on killer.

Lightborn doesn't gently caress up a survivor if they stun you. Two Can Play blinds when the killer is blinded or stunned. Its very fun.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Kwolok posted:

Lightborn doesn't gently caress up a survivor if they stun you. Two Can Play blinds when the killer is blinded or stunned. Its very fun.

Yeah, but so what? They are blinded, but you have to go through the whole animation for the stun. It might close the gap if they run directly at you in a panic but other than that they just press the direction they should have already planned on running in.

You can also get perks to break pallets instead of a stun that combo with it but that's a lot of dedication.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

On the other hand it works just fine with Spirit Fury, so you can use that and plow right through a pallet to hit someone in the face

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kwolok posted:

He is stronger than blight imo (in chase). Though his mobility leaves some to be desired but he can use charge for mobility since the cooldown is so drat low.

I pretty much strongly disagree on this. Unless we're talking new player who doesn't have a lot of experience with either, I'll agree Chucky is easier to use. But Blight is always going to be king poo poo of chases if the player knows how to use him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

I pretty much strongly disagree on this. Unless we're talking new player who doesn't have a lot of experience with either, I'll agree Chucky is easier to use. But Blight is always going to be king poo poo of chases if the player knows how to use him.

Agreed. Blight can pinball his way across the entire map and Chucky gets a single big lunge. Blight wins this matchup.