Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Anyway, my official position is that Sami going to Saudi shows sucks but it's at least a decision someone could make without selling literally all of their moral stances. It's still betraying some of them, Saudi Arabia sucks, but not all of them. If Punk's limited dates include any Saudi shows, it's pure selling out.

EDIT: This is a horrible way to start a page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Trying to have a consistent position will just make you go insane. Punk sucks, Sami rules, sorry haters

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

It's easy to have an Official Position that doing the sportswashing shows for Saudi Arabia is awful going makes you worse, going after saying you won't for moral reasons makes you a hypocrite, and WWE loving sucks for a multitude of reasons including taking blood money

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
instead of being mad at cm punk for being a hypocrite

be mad at yourself for believing in a cm punk trans shirt

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wwe thread is an unsolveable slapfight over middle eastern politics

Aew thread is a happy place where people laugh at photoshops of punk throughout history

Nature finds its balance

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019

rotinaj posted:

Wwe thread is an unsolveable slapfight over middle eastern politics

Aew thread is a happy place where people laugh at photoshops of punk throughout history

Nature finds its balance

it is better this way

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1729879510701764862

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
would be a mistake not to do roman/cm

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Are ya finishing the story, son?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Maybe Cody will win the rumble but then Roman will beat Cody again in a 56-minute classic turning face in the process by just having such a good match and spurning attempts by Jimmy and Solo to interfere and they shake hands and then Corporate Machinery Punk (having turned heel between now and Mania) sets his sights on Roman and they feud until Mania 2025 when Roman finally drops the belts to CM Punk after selling the worst GTS ever performed

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Cody cant win the title, otherwise what is kevin owens going to do in january 2025??

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Will Punk try to do a buckshot lariat again in the inevitable feud against Logan Paul

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pylons posted:

Will Punk try to do a buckshot lariat again in the inevitable feud against Logan Paul

:pray:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

He's gonna do it in his loss to Roman who will no-sell it since it's a loser idiot move, then HOOAAHHHH and Superman Punch, Spear, pin 1-2-3 for the coolest, strongest wrestler ever, Roman Reigns

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

What is this declare nerd bullshit, you just show up day of and come out at #11 or #26.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Pylons posted:

They've done it. They've found the angle that would make me watch the worst motherfuckers on the worst wrestling show and pay money to do it.

Assuming they're brave enough to actually make this happen.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Didn't even pull a number out of a bingo tumbler

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

Didn't even pull a number out of a bingo tumbler

This!!!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So does he retire when he finishes the story?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Shard posted:

He's going to show up on Dynamite and drop the title in the trash. HE WAS A DOUBLE AGENT ALL ALONG BABY!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Shard posted:

he gets on the mic after losing the rumble and tells triple h that he respects him (booker man)

this will happen after every cody loss going forward

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I know they will be searching people for rubber chickens but god I hope someone manages to chuck one near cody when he gets eliminated from the rumble

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

rotinaj posted:

I know they will be searching people for rubber chickens but god I hope someone manages to chuck one near cody when he gets eliminated from the rumble

Getting patted down and the senior citizen security guard pulls a rubber chicken out of the front of my pants

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Getting patted down and the senior citizen security guard pulls a rubber chicken out of the front of my pants

Oh no! My decoy chicken!

They’ll never find the one I keister stashed…

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Punk beats Roman, his first feud is with, I dunno, Kevin Owens or someone, who says something that gets under Phil's skin, and history repeats itself.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

edogawa rando posted:

Punk beats Roman

Let me stop you right there

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

edogawa rando posted:

Punk beats Roman,

Phil will not be with the company in 2031.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

MorningMoon posted:

Phil will not be with the company in 2031.

Will Roman? Isn’t he dying of cancer?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
wwe straight up dictated to punk the terms of him coming aboard bc they didn't care enough to pursue and he was panicking about possibly being seen on tna television, he ain't beating no one for poo poo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Punk should be the new Stardust

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

rotinaj posted:

I know they will be searching people for rubber chickens

How do you phrase that job requirement on Indeed

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

lol

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

a billionaire saying "i got kids to feed" makes me feel like my head is going to catch on fire

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

yeah gently caress that guy

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Ok I watched raw. Kind of at least. I fast forwarded through all the backstage poo poo and most promos. My thoughts are:

- the camera work is better than it used to be

- the matches have no heat. This is because they go to commercials immediately and then air multiple video packages and skits before returning to the match. Conditioning their fans to not care is intentional

- The Creeds are pretty good ina reckless sort of way. Kaiser has a great look but Vinci looks like someone tried to make Goldberg in Fight Forever. 12,000 people and they make no noise. But for some reason a “this is awesome” chant breaks out even though the crowd was silent moments earlier? This makes no loving sense. Do they just chant that because they’re bored?

- the new day need a refresh. Either leave or split up, they look so out of place.

- Cody has way more presence than anyone else on this show. His promo was going fine until he pulled the Dusty card and teary eyed poo poo.
Shinsuke is out with red mist because they want Cody with a bloody face but don’t let him blade.

- Nia Jax is still terrible, and Zoey Stark’s offense looks like it has no impact. I could t finish this match

- Randy Orton is the perfect opponent for Dom since he’s not flashy and works a basic style so well. The crowd is reacting to this match and we get a commercial 1 minute in. Match doesn’t matter as it all becomes about some guy named jelly Roll beating up judgment day and then randy repeatedly tried to put Dom through the announce table. Dom’s offense kind of sucks but he mostly sold here so the match was fine.

- Punk’s promo was a whole lot of nothing

I will not be watching this again any time soon.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Raw ratings came in

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1729899005709062301

Compared to Punk's AEW Debut 2 year ago

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1429911508285378565

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i imagine punk in trips office right before survivor series pleading that he'll do anything to come back, and trips just puts a single beer on the table.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ivypls posted:

a billionaire saying "i got kids to feed" makes me feel like my head is going to catch on fire

it honestly made me feel violence in my chest. This fucker.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

no no you don't understand, he has to pay for the measly rations for the children in his sweatshops and with the price of gruel these days i think you could be a little more sympathetic!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

no one should be allowed to have a net worth of more than $999,999,999.99