Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

idk, i know a few jews from brooklyn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

all humans should go back to the oceans, where we originated

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
abraham was originally from mesopotamia, so i guess by extension all the jews should move to iraq

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
All humans walked from east Africa. Shut the gently caress up.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Wow racists are Zionists! Who knew!

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

you have to be such a crazy person for that to be persuasive. Take land from the people who live there/lived there less than a hundred years ago to give it to people who might’ve had a connection to it in the distant mythic past.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

hmm but I was talking to a guy named Zackariah Nephi Smith yesterday and he said Zion is in Independence, Missouri???

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

FuzzySlippers posted:

you have to be such a crazy person for that to be persuasive. Take land from the people who live there/lived there less than a hundred years ago to give it to people who might’ve had a connection to it in the distant mythic past.

i think they're just going mask off and appealing to white supremacists, something Israel was already doing albeit somewhat obfuscated

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

eight stages of settler cope dot tiff

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

been looking at the Myanmar civil war and it sounds like the Maoist communist party of Burma was in exile in yunnan for like 20 years but once the war started china gave them a bunch of weapons and let them loose across the border?

FrancisFukyomama has issued a correction as of 19:15 on Nov 28, 2023

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1729383390053314925
lol at the analysts

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
yesterday, the National Democratic Front of the Philippines (the political arm of the Communist Party of the Philippines) and the Government of the Republic of the Philippines released the Oslo Joint Statement, affirming their commitment to resuming peace talks between the CPP-NDFP and the GRP, which have been broken since at least 2017 under the Duterte administration.

this is the preamble to the preamble, merely signaling that both parties are willing to reopen peace talks, not that anything has been agreed upon, nor that any peace talks have even been had. Official talks may begin as early as the first half of 2024

more information: https://nitter.net/geloxmrfl/status/1729432466413470123

___

my personal take is that there's a million things that the CPP and the GRP disagree on that it's difficult to envision significant concessions, especially with Marcos at the helm, and especially with the GRP's ties to the United States... but the fact that the GRP was willing to even enter into these discussions belies the military's repeated assertion that the party was on the verge of collapse, or of being wiped out.

for example, just this May we had this ridiculous piece from The Economist saying that the New People's Army was on the verge of running out of ammo. That obviously isn't true.

as well, this also affirms the strength of the party and its ability to persist and evolve despite the passing of Jose Maria Sison

gradenko_2000 has issued a correction as of 05:14 on Nov 29, 2023

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

who's a bad enough dude to watch this

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I wanna hear the story of how Mao Zedong helped keep Vox free for everybody.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

crepeface posted:

who's a bad enough dude to watch this

Isn't it mainly by doing things popular with some subsections of the people whilst also not pissing anyone else of too bad/ actually doing anti corruption drives instead of just using them to target ideological rivals?

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

FuzzySlippers posted:

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Western propaganda would have you believe the entire nation of North Korea with its 26 million people puts on, every day, an elaborate stage show intended only for Western consumption, because every single thing that happens on the entire planet is really about the West.

They couldn't possibly be trying to just live their lives and run their society with as little consideration as possible regarded to the West because they correctly understand the West wishes only great harm upon them and is thus only something to be guarded against.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

charges finally filed regarding the foiled plot to assassinate an "unnamed" Sikh leader from last week

https://twitter.com/arjunsethi81/status/1729880565191741897

webcams for christ has issued a correction as of 17:00 on Nov 29, 2023

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

FrancisFukyomama posted:

been looking at the Myanmar civil war and it sounds like the Maoist communist party of Burma was in exile in yunnan for like 20 years but once the war started china gave them a bunch of weapons and let them loose across the border?

Got any links/sources on that? Sounds like a fun read.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Amergin posted:

Got any links/sources on that? Sounds like a fun read.

https://www.peoplesworld.org/article/we-dont-want-to-be-slaves-meet-the-peoples-liberation-army-of-burma/

here’s a people’s world interview, the rep does a “we can neither confirm nor deny” thing when asked about cpc endorsement

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
When browsing Chinese reddit some posts said they revived the Myanmar Communist branding a couple years ago, like around 19. In some of the photos you can see some fighters with their patches. I don't know if this is the case of Russia soldiers putting red army patches on themselves.

Everything is hush hush because Beijing doesn't want to admit they support any of the northern factions. Beijing still does business with the junta government as well. So a lot of news coming from unofficial channels you are not sure how much you can trust them.

Reading the lives of people living in border regions of Myanmar you get the feeling that having a united and stable government makes a huge material difference in people who live in the same continental Southeast Asia peninsula.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If I remember corretly there was an issue with border skirmishes and such starting to impact Chinese towns across the border, leading to them stepping in to support the cpb for a more reliable border

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

they seem to be the exception to china cutting off all support to Maoists abroad since they give more immediate benefits being on the border and they seem to be way better positioned to be part of whatever coalition topples the junta if it happens than the cpp or naxalites

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
Two of the ethnic Chinese groups in Myanmar, Wa State and MNDAA, split off of the Communist Party of Burma in the '90s. Some of the students sent off to the countryside in the Cultural Revolution ended up joining the insurgents in Burma.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Josef bugman posted:

Isn't it mainly by doing things popular with some subsections of the people whilst also not pissing anyone else of too bad/ actually doing anti corruption drives instead of just using them to target ideological rivals?

not watching, but imagining that it's about how he rose to his current position and it's mostly about boring details of his time in Hebei, Fujian, Zhejiang and Shanghai

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001
Yup, totally normal healthcare industry.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3243209/cocaine-price-hike-chinas-new-cancer-drug-approved-us-will-cost-30-times-more

quote:

China’s new cancer drug Toripalimab is approved in the US but will cost 30 times more

- In China, a single-dose vial costs US$280 but in the US it will have a wholesale price of US$8,892
- Following the approval by the Food and Drug Administration, two more Chinese-made cancer drugs have received approval for distribution this month

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
whatever the U.S. is evil we all know that. I’m scandalized by the Chinese price. is it a biologic or something?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
You guys want to play capture this photo?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

stephenthinkpad posted:

You guys want to play capture this photo?

Xi Jinping: If a machine, a terminator, can learn the value of human life, Maybe we can, too.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1729950128021098544

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

gujurati mindset

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
really loving incredible brains to keep poking at an open sore, khalistanism was a dead ideology for years

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
mourning the loss of a great friend to china

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

honestly kissinger was a believer in great power diplomacy and detente, which made him probably less evil than some of the other secretary of states.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

slave to my cravings posted:

mourning the loss of a great friend to china

Kisskanda forever

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

eSports Chaebol posted:

whatever the U.S. is evil we all know that. I’m scandalized by the Chinese price. is it a biologic or something?

Drugs ending in ab are monoclonal antibodies, which currently we don't have great tech to produce really cheap

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Mantis42 posted:

honestly kissinger was a believer in great power diplomacy and detente, which made him probably less evil than some of the other secretary of states.

I like how he keeps trying to tell people not to pointlessly antagonize china bc China and Russia teaming back up again would wreak havoc on the American world order he worked so hard to build and his failchild successors get mad at him for being pro china

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/globaltimesnews/status/1730048936172474423

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

gujurati mindset

Reported for disrespecting the race of gujaratis.

mila kunis posted:

really loving incredible brains to keep poking at an open sore, khalistanism was a dead ideology for years

Its still dead. Chances are its buttmad diasporoids seething at the sikhs in the US and Canada for supporting the farmers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Kissinger is someone you can make a deal. Now there is nobody in the Washington blob who can make a deal happened. So I suggest Beijing reach second strike parity ASAP.