Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Beer Gay So What posted:

it refuses to be touched by anyone and broke into the house once and poo poo and pissed everywhere, if it was chill it'd already have guest privileges

wait are we still on mid 20s housemate metaphors or

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

fartknocker posted:

Hot Take: I know we got some amazing cats in this thread… but I think Mila may be the best :3:

Thank u friend :3:

All cats are great though :powercatte:

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

redshirt posted:

I see bobcats in the woods around my house fairly often. Funny looking cats. No floof, all fury. Big feet.

You should try to pet one

I bet they are friendly

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I bet they are friendly

:hmmyes:

ReelBigLizard posted:

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s4wplemb1U1a2hxyk_720.mp4
Rollo just being a weird little guy. I love his noises.

OH MY GOODNESS EVERYBODY LOOK AT THIS FUZZY LIL SPACE ALIEN :neckbeard:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I bet they are friendly

I've talked to one for a couple of seconds in person before it bolted.

It will be a long process of friendification.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Somehow bit the everloving poo poo out of the tip of my tongue in my sleep. It really hurts.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Escape From Noise posted:

Somehow bit the everloving poo poo out of the tip of my tongue in my sleep. It really hurts.

what up tongue pain buddy :hfive:

I think I bit the side of my tongue in my sleep a couple days ago and it's been driving me crazy because now that part of my tongue is slightly swollen, causing it to rub against my teeth, exacerbating the situation

I have found that taking some naproxen and tylenol helps a bit

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

ReelBigLizard posted:

I have never seen fur like that, it's amazing :eyepop:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

the fur kinda reminds me of a gund teddy bear my sister had

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

TIP posted:

what up tongue pain buddy :hfive:

I think I bit the side of my tongue in my sleep a couple days ago and it's been driving me crazy because now that part of my tongue is slightly swollen, causing it to rub against my teeth, exacerbating the situation

I have found that taking some naproxen and tylenol helps a bit

I have a weird thing with chattering my teeth/clenching my jaw in my sleep sometimes. But I actually had dried blood on my lips this morning. Ugh.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I chipped one of my front teeth on nothing today and now my tongue is all scraped up from rubbing against the chip. Good thing I have a dentist appointment next week anyway.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I chipped one of my front teeth on nothing today and now my tongue is all scraped up from rubbing against the chip. Good thing I have a dentist appointment next week anyway.

Like your tongue keeps going for it even though you're like "tongue, stop that!"

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I was riding my bike home from the makerspace yesterday and starting to question my dedication to cycling in the face of the headwind and driven, spitty rain. Then I looked to my side and there was a huge bedraggled buzzard on the fencepost I was riding past and I slowed down and the bird and I locked eyes. I knew in that moment he was as hosed off with this lovely weather as I was and just as miserable.

Looking in my mirror I saw the following car slow down to get a look too, and I realised that they were just looking at a neat bird through a wet window, and I was definitely on the superior mode of transport.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

redshirt posted:

Like your tongue keeps going for it even though you're like "tongue, stop that!"

Annoying as hell! I’m hoping they can file it down at least. Bonding it would be a waste of time.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

bagmonkey posted:

dogs are good but dogs are work. and dogs can be bad if the work isnt put in!

this is the horrible secret of dogs

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Hm. I'm going with "dogs are good".

I like cats too but some of you have never met a feral one or are acting like they don't exist.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Annoying as hell! I’m hoping they can file it down at least. Bonding it would be a waste of time.

Tongues are the closest things we have to tails, with their own minds.

Good luck with the tooth.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I have an ongoing dialogue with the Moon. Whenever I see her for the first time in a given day I say "hello, Moon!"

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I left the leatherman multi-tool I just bought on the job site :doh:

Fucker better be there in the morning, that's a $70 loss if not

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

If someone does walk by and snag it at least I have my gerber one, that I thought I forgot at home (which is the reason I bought the leatherman) then later found deep in the main pocket of my backpack. Need to get my poo poo together apparently

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Going to get my flu vaccine today. Restaurant manager is texting me with poo poo like he's my loving boss. Opened up about my depression to my mom yesterday and it went about as well as it always does. I guess I have to make that same mistake every few years.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Going to get my flu vaccine today. Restaurant manager is texting me with poo poo like he's my loving boss. Opened up about my depression to my mom yesterday and it went about as well as it always does. I guess I have to make that same mistake every few years.

Want me to come over and kick some asses? It will be pricey mind you.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

That's so frustrating. My mom is the same way. My dad gets it but my mom somehow got in the mindset of "depression can be cured via willpower alone you're just not trying" that a lot of older folk seem to have

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

redshirt posted:

Want me to come over and kick some asses? It will be pricey mind you.

5KPT gang trip to Japan to go all Yakuza on EFN’s restaurant manager

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Hell yeah, I'mma pinch his fingers real bad with my multitools

Maybe some toes if I'm feelin sassy

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I'm gonna steal the full size Gundam, which totally works, and then use it to step on the manager's car or something

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

ReelBigLizard posted:

why is fuzzy like that im confused

thats a terrier

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Hm. I'm going with "dogs are good".

I like cats too but some of you have never met a feral one or are acting like they don't exist.

i've been around cats that are grumpy, violent, etc. they are on par w/ the bad dogs. and good cats are on par w/ good dogs. however you don't generally like, raise a bad cat. some cats are just mean. like my aunt's cat Leo growing up. hated people.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Revins posted:

That's so frustrating. My mom is the same way. My dad gets it but my mom somehow got in the mindset of "depression can be cured via willpower alone you're just not trying" that a lot of older folk seem to have

Yeah. That's basically it. Or sometimes she gives decent advice but barks it like an order and puts it very harshly. I don't know. But yeah, that's how things are with my mom and dad as well.

fartknocker posted:

I'm gonna steal the full size Gundam, which totally works, and then use it to step on the manager's car or something

I think the closest one is in Fukuoka. Fukuoka is cool though.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

redshirt posted:

I see bobcats in the woods around my house fairly often. Funny looking cats. No floof, all fury. Big feet.

Not a bobcat but the point stands:

This is Chaos and he is sweeter than he looks.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

bagmonkey posted:

i've been around cats that are grumpy, violent, etc. they are on par w/ the bad dogs. and good cats are on par w/ good dogs. however you don't generally like, raise a bad cat. some cats are just mean. like my aunt's cat Leo growing up. hated people.

some dogs are just mean, they're called dalmatians

sorry to the 'matian heads out there but I had one growing up and it was an absolute nightmare and I don't understand why my parents kept this dog that seemed to only want two things: murder and escape

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Yeah. Dalmatians can be real bholes.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Mila Penny Rollo Chaos are some awesome cats

Let's Goooooooooo

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I caught 11 seconds of a Christmas special and a new hot r&b lady was singing Last Christmas and then I turned it off

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I kind of miss when the only Christmas songs I'd have to endure here were Last Christmas and All I Want For Christmas Is You. And it'd just be occasionally. Maybe you'd have to suddenly endure the absolute Musical Holocaust of Pain that is Wonderful Christmastime. But that was it. Now they play all that poo poo every year. I fuckin hate Christmas music TBH.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

bagmonkey posted:

why is fuzzy like that im confused

thats a terrier

Cornish or Devon Rex, I think? Apparently the deal is that they only have one of the three hair types of a normal cat (they're missing the long guard hairs and the middle length hairs, and only have the short curly insulating fur), though the two Rexes got there through different mutations. I think the "hairless" (peach fuzzy, really) Sphynx cats have a fair bit of interbreeding with one of the Rexes, too - which I guess makes sense, they're already two thirds on the way to hairlessness.

On fuzzy cat note, I liked this video on the topic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh2c0KbTTCM

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

I fuckin hate Christmas music TBH.

BIG SAME

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
Not to get all political but

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Not to get all political but

Counterpoint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
And also here is a younger pic of Mila from all the way back in 2016, showing off her cross eyes