Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
A rare dagger that ggg thinks is real good but not many people use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Maybe they're trying to tell us that it is really good but no one has really figured out the sweet build that makes it sing

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Didn't it get upped to t0 rarity when it got buffed?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’ve been looking at that for awhile imagining why it would ever be used

Maybe in like SSF ruthless

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

It's not like some garbage trash, it's currently going for 6div and has never been cheaper than 350c this league.

It's one of those uniques that's not BiS but better than anything except a really high end rare.

(That said it's not exactly a spectacular t0 unique)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh the crit multi always applies if you don’t kill. That’s a lot of crit multi ok

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

New Divinarius is often the best unique for builds, which makes it pretty solid as a mid tier weapon before getting a much more expensive rare.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Divinarius is absolutely insane and on the right builds easily 90% as good as a literal mirror tier weapon. Not too mention that it has a lot of utility with area and sustain.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Ahh no, Divinarius is definitely a bad and poop item that nobody should price highly so that I can afford one for my crit dark pact build week 1. :pray:

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

You can easily imagine some ball lightning meta (just example, idk) or whatever where aoe is a very good multiplier and it would be kinda BIS.

Dagger corruption implicits are pretty whatever tho.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
https://twitter.com/withoutagout/status/1729999986153369993

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
That's only about 20% longer than 3.22's patch notes, so don't expect anything too earth-shaking.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
lol logged on and saw some new "Divinia" character and the voice actress has a hilariously close microphone. Plosives and slurpy tongue ASMR

Can't wait to see if tomorrow's reveal will continue GGG's tradition of "Aspirational Fun", the fun we can pretend we'd have if we could poopsock for 18 hours a day or drop a mirror.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Zero VGS posted:

lol logged on and saw some new "Divinia" character and the voice actress has a hilariously close microphone. Plosives and slurpy tongue ASMR

Can't wait to see if tomorrow's reveal will continue GGG's tradition of "Aspirational Fun", the fun we can pretend we'd have if we could poopsock for 18 hours a day or drop a mirror.

why are you still here

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Vulpes posted:

why are you still here

I just check in once each league launch to vent at the game.

Secret hoping I'll get another Ultimatum where I'm absurdly rich and powerful, but deep down I know it's never gonna happen.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I also occasionally dream about becoming absurdly rich and powerful, usually IRL though

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I'm just going to go ahead and lock in my league starter name well in advance

Shitty Treat
Feb 21, 2012

Stoopid?

euphronius posted:

Don’t even know what that is !!!

Shockwave totem weapon

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Noper Q posted:

That's only about 20% longer than 3.22's patch notes, so don't expect anything too earth-shaking.

1/3rd of the 3.22 patch notes were for ruthless. If there is not as much focus on ruthless this time around, we could get a bit of a skill balance shakeup or new skills that didn't make the cut for PoE2 (although that is probably just my copium talking).

All I want out of this patch is some new skills to play with (that are strong enough for an average player like myself to take to end game).

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo
and 9/10 of the ruthless specific changes were things like "Mistwalker: No longer provides "50% increased Elusive Effect" in Ruthless."

I don't think they spent a bunch of developer time on the ruthless specific changes.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m sure the tens of people who played ruthless appreciated the Polish

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Actually, Its well known that most ruthless players are firmly against polish independence

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Oh poo poo boys:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2694490/Path_of_Exile_2/

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

"coming soon", which is ggg "nearby" except in time

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

I scrolled through out of mild curiosity and had realized I've completely forgotten about the double skill tree that switches based on skill use, which lmao lol lmao PoE 2's power creep gonna be absurd.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Is that a new trailer on the page as well?

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Kalsco posted:

I scrolled through out of mild curiosity and had realized I've completely forgotten about the double skill tree that switches based on skill use, which lmao lol lmao PoE 2's power creep gonna be absurd.

They're going to set the difficulty to whatever they want to start. It's not going to be creep from PoE 1.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
They are also getting rid of all the more multipliers in support gems...somehow.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

They're going to set the difficulty to whatever they want to start. It's not going to be creep from PoE 1.

Yeah if anyone is worried about power creep from PoE to PoE2 I recommend watching the boss showcase from exilecon

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
The most important power creep of all will carry over: stash tabs.

Speaking of filling a stash the new league is the 8th? Hopefully?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

External Organs posted:

They are also getting rid of all the more multipliers in support gems...somehow.

Mostly by deleting all the gems that do nothing but have nothing but increased damage.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Keru posted:

Is that a new trailer on the page as well?

No

Doomykins posted:

Speaking of filling a stash the new league is the 8th? Hopefully?

Yes

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Knockback gem bleed meta :getin:

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

whydirt posted:

Mostly by deleting all the gems that do nothing but have nothing but increased damage.

yup, and it looks like we gain that power back by building combos off of skills themselves or statuses etc. No idea if there is still build space for 0-1 button builds, but i'm sure automation will be the name of the game regardless

also we've got 0 info on minions yet in terms of how their damage works (we do know that perma minions compete with auras), which is pretty much my biggest hope/fear

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

They are building DMC combos into the gems. Time to do a shot of pure ephedrine and GAME.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

External Organs posted:

Knockback gem bleed meta :getin:

Melee characters finally get an equivalent of Ensnaring Arrow. It is literally a net. Einhar is pleased.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

The gem is called einhar business support

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Sentinel misspelled in patch notes confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

huh, no idea how I missed that, then.