Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Gimmie the Xbox Vita

Xbox Means Formerly a Box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

the stealth drops are the best drops

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Thank you Series S

https://twitter.com/Cromwelp/status/1729990507969835467?s=20

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Is there a release date for it yet

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Wow remnant 2 was one I was interested in after watching jackfrags do a play, looked pretty neat. Game pass stays winning.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

slave to my cravings posted:

Will find out a week from tomorrow most likely.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Remnant 2 and KI Anniversary shadow dropping the same day :getin:

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Should I play Remnant 1 before 2?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Nah 2 is better in every way imo

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I want a portable Xbox like PlayStation got! That would be dope!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

slave to my cravings posted:

Announced at the game awards next week apparently. The closer it gets, and the lack of store page/preordering makes me suspect it might actually be on gamepass (though still unlikely).

“Baldur’s Gate 3, Game of the Year, available TONIGHT on gamepass” would be a pretty solid flex

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Snowmankilla posted:

There’s nothing portable about it it’s just a WiiU Gamepad. Just buy a $12 controller clip for your phone and download the Xbox app.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Snowmankilla posted:

This already exists it’s called Cloud gaming and a smart phone. You gotta fit that Xbox controller in your pocket, though.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Does it work well enough to play online stuff like CoD? Or more for single player stuff?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I think Phil would say that the Xbox Vita is any one of the handheld PCs you can buy today running Windows and the Xbox app

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Bruteman posted:

Remnant: From the Ashes and Remnant II got added to Game Pass, PC and console. I didn't even know that was coming.

Oh nice, I wanted to play those.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

acksplode posted:

I think Phil would say that the Xbox Vita is any one of the handheld PCs you can buy today running Windows and the Xbox app

And hes wrongo bongo.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Hmmmm, the Remnant games are published by Gearbox. Didn't they get bought out by that company that missed out on Saudi funding so it's panic closing a bunch of studios?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Snowmankilla posted:

Does it work well enough to play online stuff like CoD? Or more for single player stuff?

I’ve never tried a multiplayer game, but I imagine it would be a compromised experience to say the least. It’s been great for trying out indie games before I commit to a full install.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Man I would love it if Steam Deck got native Xbox pc game support. The streaming is pretty good but it would just be cool to be able to install game pass pc games (without having to install windows).

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lammasu posted:

Hmmmm, the Remnant games are published by Gearbox. Didn't they get bought out by that company that missed out on Saudi funding so it's panic closing a bunch of studios?

Yes!

Expect Embracer games at a discount

acksplode
May 17, 2004

priznat posted:

Man I would love it if Steam Deck got native Xbox pc game support. The streaming is pretty good but it would just be cool to be able to install game pass pc games (without having to install windows).

It's interesting that MS is doing anything to accommodate handheld PCs given that Valve is dominating the market with a device that runs Linux. Windows is such a bad fit for the form factor and the Proton compatibility layer is so good that Linux is arguably a competitive advantage for them. Makes me wonder what MS's plans are long term if they think they can't ignore the segment.

acksplode fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Nov 30, 2023

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Professor Beetus posted:

Coral Island appears to be Xbox "play anywhere" compatible (saves are shared between PC/console) despite not being listed as such in the Microsoft store. First time I've seen that.

So it could be miss-tagged, because that does happen. But it also might just have cross saves via XBL account system and no support for buying on one platform and playing on both, which is what play anywhere requires.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Snowmankilla posted:

I haven’t paid money for a CoD game in ages, but if you have a controller clip or Razer/Backbone download the free CoD Android/iOS game and go nuts with a 25-2 k/d ratio every match.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

acksplode posted:

That’s just like that guy to say something like that. Let me buy a cool device I won’t use that much Phil.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

There's a small part of me that wonders if the power of the Series S, and making developers code for the specs of that system, is a prelude to creating a portable system with the same specs.

Might not be possible right this moment, but in a year or so it's possible, and you have a large library of software ready to go.

Also gives a small reason as to why the S came without a disk drive.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Game pass leaks for first half December ?

Remnant II (Cloud, Console, and PC): Already available
Remnant: From The Ashes (Cloud, Console, and PC): Now Available
SteamWorld Build (Cloud, Console, and PC): Available Day One on December 1
Far Cry 6 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
World War Z: Aftermath (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Goat Simulator 3 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Rise of the Tomb Raider (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Against the Storm (PC)
Clone Drone in the Danger Zone (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Tin Hearts (Cloud, Console, and PC)
While the Iron's Hot (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Spirit of the North: Enhanced Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC)

from https://www.dealabs.com/magazine/ga...pass-core-35751

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I was going to say that I didn't know there was a Goat Simulator 2 but apparently there wasn't one

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Wrex Ruckus posted:

I was going to say that I didn't know there was a Goat Simulator 2 but apparently there wasn't one

They lost the floppies for part 2 so they decided to just make part 3 instead.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Official confirmation and dates of the new Game Pass bounty, and even some stuff for Game Pass Core

COMING:
Today: Remnant: From the Ashes (Cloud, Console, and PC), Remnant II (Cloud, PC, Xbox Series X|S)
Dec 1: Spirit of the North (Cloud, Console, and PC), SteamWorld Build (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Dec 5: Clone Drone in the Danger Zone (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S), Rise of the Tomb Raider (Cloud, Console, and PC), While the Iron’s Hot (Cloud, Console, and PC), World War Z: Aftermath (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Dec 7: Goat Simulator 3 (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S)
Dec 8: Against the Storm (PC)
Dec 12: Tin Hearts (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Dec 14: Far Cry 6 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

COMING TO GAME PASS CORE:
Dec 6: Chivalry 2, Totally Reliable Delivery Service

GOING:
Leaving Dec 15:
Chained Echoes (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Opus Magnum (PC)
Potion Craft: Alchemist Simulator (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Rubber Bandits (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I just bought Remnant 2 on Steam

You’re all welcome

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

The Kins posted:

GOING:
Leaving Dec 15:
Chained Echoes (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Potion Craft: Alchemist Simulator (Cloud, Console, and PC)

raccoon.bmp
Feb 16, 2023

🦝
Against The Storm rules

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Pretty good month!

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

John F Bennett posted:

Game pass leaks for first half December ?

Remnant II (Cloud, Console, and PC): Already available
Remnant: From The Ashes (Cloud, Console, and PC): Now Available
SteamWorld Build (Cloud, Console, and PC): Available Day One on December 1
Far Cry 6 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
World War Z: Aftermath (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Goat Simulator 3 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Rise of the Tomb Raider (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Against the Storm (PC)
Clone Drone in the Danger Zone (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Tin Hearts (Cloud, Console, and PC)
While the Iron's Hot (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Spirit of the North: Enhanced Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC)

from https://www.dealabs.com/magazine/ga...pass-core-35751

Gamepass value is out of this loving universe. Really interested in Remnant 2 as a big souls fan but I have a huge backlog and buy way too many poo poo anyway(less now with gamepass). Heard awesome things from most souls fans about it. It seems like one of the issues was performance on PC at launch being very buggy but it's better now.

Artadius
Nov 5, 2012
What an absolutely stacked month.

Remnant II, Against the Storm, and Rise of the Tomb Raider are all great. Anything SteamWorld is usually solid as well.
I've almost bought Far Cry 6 and Goat Sim 3 on more than one occasion recently so this is very nice. Most of the others look very interesting as well.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Ayyyyyyy! :neckbeard:

...I already own TRDS. is chivalry 2 any good?

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Both while the irons hot and tin hearts look really cool, especially as stuff I wouldn't necessarily buy, but will enjoy playing.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Ayyyyyyy! :neckbeard:

...I already own TRDS. is chivalry 2 any good?

Chivalry 2 is really good, especially at this point with all the content they have added and bugs mostly squashed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Farcry 6 can't be worse than 5.... right?