Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Let’s Get It Blarted in Here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Entropic posted:

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Entropic posted:

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

i do a full relisten of deathblart every year. this was a good ep

i have not watched the film. there was a lot of things that happened in this film I learned about this ep

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

more falafel please posted:

i do a full relisten of deathblart every year. this was a good ep

i have not watched the film. there was a lot of things that happened in this film I learned about this ep

not even the year when the episode was a full commentary track?

rollick
Mar 20, 2009

Entropic posted:

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I don't want anyone to die, but I am terribly intrigued by the idea of someone who has never seen Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 or listened to the show having to hear about The Shadowman and the Big Sticky Mess.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I've never seen any Paul Blarts, and hope to keep it that way.

Which means I don't want to hear the McElroys talk about it either because I may be tempted to watch it.

So I don't listen: win/win for me.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

A few years ago when they did the commentary episode someone synced it up with the movie and put it on YouTube and I watched that

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

jeeves posted:

I've never seen any Paul Blarts, and hope to keep it that way.

Which means I don't want to hear the McElroys talk about it either because I may be tempted to watch it.

So I don't listen: win/win for me.

Having only watched it once, the podcast is improved by having never watched it.

Each year they just sound more and more dead inside about a movie that doesn't seem real

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Shinjobi posted:

Having only watched it once, the podcast is improved by having never watched it.

Each year they just sound more and more dead inside about a movie that doesn't seem real

This was the first year where it seemed like they all had an awesome time.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

External Organs posted:

This was the first year where it seemed like they all had an awesome time.

One must imagine Sisyphus happy

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I've never seen Blart but I listen to Death Blart every year and it's just great. It's actually the only McElroy podcast that I keep up with anymore and it's always such a nice time. Last year's gimmick of one of them secretly watching Here Comes the Boom instead of pbmc2 was inspired

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

CainsDescendant posted:

I've never seen Blart but I listen to Death Blart every year and it's just great. It's actually the only McElroy podcast that I keep up with anymore and it's always such a nice time.

Same, I love it.
Shame on Griffin for trying to weasel out of the curse/gift of Blart for that tenth anniversary.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Still love the year Griffin watched it alongside Dark Side of the Moon on repeat. Someone put together a cut of the podcast and then the scenes/music as it syncs, and it's just incredible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7wyfTsIm1k&t=1s

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Griffin being like "why are we ending the podcast? I'm having a great time" was pretty funny, especially considering Justin was trying to go do Thanksgiving.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Apparently they did a video this year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeGpAzmrJjU

Also here's this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_zfZ0S9u_4

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000
I love Justin on besties, he's so openly curmudgeonly and hostile about anything that he doesn't like, and so unwilling to be open minded about them it's hilarious.

His particular tastes also align with my own in a lot of ways, so it's a fun shorthand to dismissive, unexplored criticism.

Just "nah, sounds poo poo. not even gonna attempt to engage".

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
It was funny when Justin loved and finished Sea of Stars.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Lord Bob posted:

I love Justin on besties, he's so openly curmudgeonly and hostile about anything that he doesn't like, and so unwilling to be open minded about them it's hilarious.

His particular tastes also align with my own in a lot of ways, so it's a fun shorthand to dismissive, unexplored criticism.

Just "nah, sounds poo poo. not even gonna attempt to engage".

"Books-level boring"

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

External Organs posted:

Justin loved and finished

never happened to anything. don't spread lies

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The boys think that Philly's baseball team is the Eagles.

Clint must be so ashamed.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Yeah, everyone knows it's the Philadelphia Hurled Batteries

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Cincinnati is exactly the type of town that'd be proud that Travis lives there. Also Trav pronounced Markiplier as Mark Plier and I dunno if that was intentional.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Wait idk how it should be pronounced it's not a real name.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
As a Philly resident of 8+ years,
1. Not surprised by the audience vibe of the show
2. I would eat the fried chicken cheesesteak, and do so with a smile on my face
2a. There used to be a Saxby's a few blocks from their venue, but that was coffee (and is also long gone)

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Move closer to your world...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4HbpBBcGcQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozZTVUL33tE

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
ready or not here i loving come!!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
i wish i didn't have to actively try to remember the guests are there

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

grittyreboot posted:

Cincinnati is exactly the type of town that'd be proud that Travis lives there. Also Trav pronounced Markiplier as Mark Plier and I dunno if that was intentional.

I was multitasking when I was listening, so this was kind of a fever dream. But the bit was Travis showing a bunch of people in Philadelphia that a local Cincinnati publication wrote half a page about him (with no pictures, but it seems like they showed a wall of copy to a crowd) and no jokes until his brothers tried their best?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
They have a projector screen so I assume it was shown up on that.

Typical Travis self promotion bit but It's worth it for Griffin's "I was on the cover of Forbes" flex.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
what’s the over/under on griffin seeing jail time for financial crimes at some point?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
It's about the same as the over/under on people finally figuring out what an over/under is and how to use it. In other words, it isn't likely.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

zimbomonkey posted:

It's about the same as the over/under on people finally figuring out what an over/under is and how to use it. In other words, it isn't likely.

I bet :10bux: on the over

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Wasabi the J posted:

I bet :10bux: on the over

I'll under that over!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Is the Marvel thing their new series/arc or is this a sorter term sort of affair?

Warbird fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Nov 30, 2023

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Travis playing Wonder Man is the most Travis Travis can possibly Travis.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Ok Comboomer posted:

what’s the over/under on griffin seeing jail time for financial crimes at some point?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

i might just skip this taz. i just can't bring myself to give a poo poo about f-list marvel characters and also miles morales

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Ok Comboomer posted:

I'll take the 30 under 30