Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

kid didn’t say “thank you” smdh

and ppl wonder why circuit city went bankrupt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3CtTCSGcSY

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/BybvZbI.mp4

Making of a commercial classic.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
the soundtrack to my 98

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2nTz4ZpM7I&t=58s

(From the 2000's, but is about the above referenced video.)

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
drat dude I loved fido dido i drew him on my Alva skateboard

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
My friends and I used to call him fido dildo.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

My junior high textbook covers were Fido Dido covers.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Are book covers even still a thing? I remember kids collecting and trading them when I was in school. I only ever had these really plain blue and white (or maybe it was black and white) ones or some that were brown paper bag type material.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Milo and POTUS posted:

the soundtrack to my 98

No that's this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYblg4i2HD8

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

God, that reminded me of this classic which somehow is not from the 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwwhGHzoCoQ

New thread idea - poo poo which is amazingly NOT from the 80s and 90s.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Unperson_47 posted:

Are book covers even still a thing? I remember kids collecting and trading them when I was in school. I only ever had these really plain blue and white (or maybe it was black and white) ones or some that were brown paper bag type material.

Books aren’t a thing anymore

Source: daughter in high school

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

namlosh posted:

Books aren’t a thing anymore

Source: daughter in high school

I'm afraid you're going to have to cite her page number in APA style

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
The thumbnail is dumb but the content is short and good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv-u8hwjHw4

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Trabant posted:

The thumbnail is dumb but the content is short and good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv-u8hwjHw4

Thumbnail tells its intended audience plenty

1. They have seen enough90s jungle singles to know the aesthetic of a skinny pseudo-anime and Brazilian flag

2. You’re going to be expected to understand basic ableton usage

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaBSKD4HZQY

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Oh wow, i instantly remembered that theme song. Awesome theme song too.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Eek rules. This came into my brain the other day. The theme is so catchy.

https://youtu.be/KGlUBOzpkjY?si=JafjsqTP1CGyVkXP

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Holy poo poo. This is another one of those things that I was sure I remembered from childhood but have never been able to find, so I eventually decided it wasn't a real memory.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Why is the rest of the "complete breakfast" ALWAYS toast, oj, and milk, regardless of the product thats supposedly "part of a complete breakfast"? Oatmeal and toast is too many carbs

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Killingyouguy! posted:

Why is the rest of the "complete breakfast" ALWAYS toast, oj, and milk, regardless of the product thats supposedly "part of a complete breakfast"? Oatmeal and toast is too many carbs

There is no such thing as too many carbs

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Don't you know?
Pumping your body full of processed carbs first thing in the morning is the most important meal of the day. :pseudo:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Len posted:

This post brought to you by Type II Diabetes Gang

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Its just big carb marketing to the masses.

Carbohydrate industry should be ashamed.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Hell, I remember "part of a complete breakfast" being eggs, toast, milk and OJ and even at like 5 years old I'm thinking "if I'm getting all that wtf do I need cereal for?!"

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Len posted:

Has op tried thinking outside the bun?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

SubponticatePoster posted:

Hell, I remember "part of a complete breakfast" being eggs, toast, milk and OJ and even at like 5 years old I'm thinking "if I'm getting all that wtf do I need cereal for?!"

Because then it's incomplete. God, kids are so stupid!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Killingyouguy! posted:

Because then they can claim that the cereal is healthy by association, like how “miracle” diets also include regular exercise and portion control.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

the strawberry was so goddamn good

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Killingyouguy! posted:

I mean, this was the era of the "food pyramid" and its recommended 6-11 servings of grain daily

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

11 servings lmao

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

ninjahedgehog posted:

I mean, this was the era of the "food pyramid" and its recommended 6-11 servings of grain daily

This taught me the word sparingly as a kid.

I still use it from time to time and always think of the food pyramid.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

We don't have the food pyramid in Canada we had the food rainbow but it was equally corrupt

I remember in middle school we had to do this assignment where we had to track what we ate for a week and critique ourselves on how we measured up to the food rainbow standard. And then read these critiques out loud to the rest of the class

Which in hindsight is absolutely loving wild if a kid was poor or had an eating disorder

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Posting for Americans and other strange creatures.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

And it still managed to be like 'eat a loaf of bread a day'

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Seems like pizza could encompass all food groups on one pie.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

ninjahedgehog posted:

Even as a particularly non-critical child towards authority I remember reading 6-11 servings and going "that can't be right."

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Seems like pizza could encompass all food groups on one pie.

Theres a local bar/pizza place near my dad's house and I'll frequently order a vegetarian pizza and add pepperoni, bacon and like sausage, or ground beef or some poo poo.

Not cause I'm trying to own the vegs or whatever, its just good poo poo. Also VEGETABLES!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Get your vegetable matter, because vegetables matter!