Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Nervous posted:

They just need to have faith in the run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I am willing to set aside my hatred of the cowboys for the next two weeks, especially since the Niners are gonna win this weekend

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Weekend 3 of 5 straight executions, let's go

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm actually feeling pretty chill about this game. Either it goes as expected and we can turn it off in the 3rd quarter, or something really funny happens.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Benne posted:

I'm actually feeling pretty chill about this game. Either it goes as expected and we can turn it off in the 3rd quarter, or something really funny happens.

This

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Papercut posted:

I am willing to set aside my hatred of the cowboys for the next two weeks, especially since the Niners are gonna win this weekend

I will never set aside my hatred of the cowboys

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1730346797023789161

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
That seems weirdly cheap of the team, like who cares

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
cheap and the Cardinals go hand in hand

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Holy gently caress, Michael Bidwill is the worst.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

DancingMachine posted:

I think somehow the Seahawks pull out an improbable win here while still exhibiting all the flaws we know make them a pretend-good team.

i swear i was going to say this before the game too, but dallas is also pretend good

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
I swear there was too much game cluttering up the penalty calls tonight. Keep your "football" to yourselves, Seattle, I'm here to watch flags fly :argh:

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Oh cool, I get the kid to sleep, check the score and think, "Dang this looks like a great game!"

Tune in just in time to see us turn over on downs and give up a big run to Ceedee. Awesome.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I'll take an entertaining loss like that over getting blown out by the Ravens and 49ers. 5th game ever to have zero punts!

Surprised at how poor the defense looked, I really thought they might've figured something out a few weeks back but they were real bad. Part of that is Brooks being injured, sure, but there was more than that.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
So...Seattle about to drop to 3rd place? Assuming SOSAR can beat the browns.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Inspector 34 posted:

Oh cool, I get the kid to sleep, check the score and think, "Dang this looks like a great game!"

Tune in just in time to see us turn over on downs and give up a big run to Ceedee. Awesome.

It was a great game.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Waltzing Along posted:

So...Seattle about to drop to 3rd place? Assuming SOSAR can beat the browns.

Lofty expectations, right there.

Edit: Depending who's out for the browns.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
drat I hate this team so much.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

gonna be a rough loving weekend for the puget sound area

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Manoueverable posted:

At least they made a good game out of it, unlike when the Rams played dallas.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Christ seahawks, you couldn't even get 2 yards.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Lmao Seahawks lmao

This is the best division

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Somehow this hurts worse than if they got blown out.

Potentially a season-changing win and they let it slip right through their fingers. And with the scheduling gauntlet they're in right now, they absolutely had to steal one of these to stay relevant in the playoff race. Gutting on so many levels.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

Manoueverable posted:

Better clutch up, Huskies play tomorrow and that game will be ten times as stressful.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

100%. Blowouts suck, but when your team is so close with a potential of a win, the loss is way more brutal.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Benne posted:

Potentially a season-changing win and they let it slip right through their fingers. And with the scheduling gauntlet they're in right now, they absolutely had to steal one of these to stay relevant in the playoff race. Gutting on so many levels.

tank szn baby

lemme get that 16th overall pick. grab the third best ILB or something. gonna turn everything around.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Seahawks are the first team in NFL history to lose a game despite scoring 35 or more points and punting zero times.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
losing Charbonnet at that exact moment was brutal. DeeJay Dallas is really bad and of course dropped his pass.

untimely injuries and dumb mistakes all season. sometimes the luck just isn't there.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Hawks are going to continue to be middling until Pete retires since he will never be forced out.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I expected a blowout but was actually surprised. The offense wasn't complete poo poo. They didn't constantly go three and out. There were no punts the entire game. They lost, but stood up against a team that's been dominant at home (until the last minute collapse).
Even though they lost, Seattle did better than I thought they would.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Gonz posted:

The Seahawks are the first team in NFL history to lose a game despite scoring 35 or more points and punting zero times.

Craziness.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

losing Charbonnet at that exact moment was brutal. DeeJay Dallas is really bad and of course dropped his pass.

untimely injuries and dumb mistakes all season. sometimes the luck just isn't there.

in all fairness it was a very rushed and bad pass

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

That was a thoroughly entertaining game to watch.

But the Cowboys won so I am somehow disappointed. As a consolation prize I will cheerfully accept the Seahawks falling another game back in the divisional race.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

in all fairness it was a very rushed and bad pass

Looked like Parsons came in untouched. Unreal.

At least the throwbacks look good.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Even though the seahawks lost that wad the most fun game of the season and in general what I hoped the offense would have looked like from week 1.

Though this year's hawks are going no where and I'm a tiny bit relieved that bc they didn't win people can't go "see they've turned it around!!!" By people I mostly mean local sports media. It would have been real fun to beat the Cowboys but the defense continues to be rear end

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

EmbryoSteve posted:

Though this year's hawks are going no where and I'm a tiny bit relieved that bc they didn't win people can't go "see they've turned it around!!!" By people I mostly mean local sports media. It would have been real fun to beat the Cowboys but the defense continues to be rear end

Otoh now we get to listen to the national media proclaim Dak as MVP for another week, because he threw some passes against a bad defense again :tif:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Coldforge posted:

Otoh now we get to listen to the national media proclaim Dak as MVP for another week, because he threw some passes against a bad defense again :tif:

Good, this will make the inevitable playoff collapse all the more entertaining

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Papercut posted:

Good, this will make the inevitable playoff collapse all the more entertaining

How many years in a row can this provide fresh amusement? I mean, sure, it hasn't gotten boring yet, but sooner or later things will get stale.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Coldforge posted:

How many years in a row can this provide fresh amusement? I mean, sure, it hasn't gotten boring yet, but sooner or later things will get stale.

Watching the cowboys lose in the playoffs is always entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Coldforge posted:

Cowboys losing in the playoffs is always cool and good my friend.