Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Mr Scumbag posted:

"My other coat is made of Dalmatians"

Cruella De Vorced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

kazil posted:

he postin again

No yellow in sight, musk wins again

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Yeah...

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

With the caveat that wall street and stock prices are specualtive bullshit, the Cybertruck reveal didn't impress anyone enough to bump the stock. It went DOWN 1.78% :lol:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

just like last time they claim the "cheap" version will be available "someday"

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

kazil posted:

those were the dimensions he said during the presentation

"You can fit 4'x8' pieces of plywood in, with the back down"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Sir Tonk posted:

just like last time they claim the "cheap" version will be available "someday"

i would never trust a cybertruck as a RWD vehicle anyway

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

:laffo:

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

MrQwerty posted:

i would never trust a cybertruck

same

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

kazil posted:

Elon claims the bed is 6' long and 4' wide

He was talking about himself

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You're hitchhiking at dusk along a spooky section of road. A Cybertruck pulls over....

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Can't believe those advertisers want to destroy x the everything app, against the planet's wishes

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

redshirt posted:

You're hitchhiking at dusk along a spooky section of road. A Cybertruck pulls over....

.... and immediately explodes, killing its occupant

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

you ask "why's your truck got 4 flat tires and sound like the control arms are bent, mister?"

a skeleton ghost points and laughs at you, saying "ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS," then speeds off

it is you who is owned

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Waffle House posted:

I hate to apply the brakes, but as severe as that looks, that's actually pretty standard. My Mazda has a similar multi-link setup with that alarming-looking ball joint right up top precariously positioned over the tire tread.

This is correct. The tire and that ball joint with the pokey bit are not going to hit each other because the steering knuckle there is all one piece. That aluminum curve at the top where the ball joint pokes down is the top part of a big, single, sturdy piece. The levelling sensor being exposed to rocks IS a little goofy though.

Yah seconding this, some years of the RAV4 had a really distressing looking pokey part extremely close to jabbing into the sidewalls. But for that to ever happen a bunch of poo poo would have had to have broken where you’re pretty hosed already. It’s not an unusual sight although it totally makes sense why people would think it was kinda messed up.

I was a bit surprised to see stamped steel instead of a cast or forged part for the control arms but I’m not a car expert, probably that’s fairly normal too.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

priznat posted:

Yah seconding this, some years of the RAV4 had a really distressing looking pokey part extremely close to jabbing into the sidewalls. But for that to ever happen a bunch of poo poo would have had to have broken where you’re pretty hosed already. It’s not an unusual sight although it totally makes sense why people would think it was kinda messed up.

I was a bit surprised to see stamped steel instead of a cast or forged part for the control arms but I’m not a car expert, probably that’s fairly normal too.

Ram uses plastic overmolded stamped steel.

Ford uses stamped steel on the lightning, but it's boxed.

rivian uses cast aluminum.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Dec 1, 2023

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Did they demonstrate the uboat capabilities yet?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Does the Cybertruck have a battle bridge? Like do shields go up and stuff when the Mongols attack?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

redshirt posted:

Does the Cybertruck have a battle bridge? Like do shields go up and stuff when the Mongols attack?

It can function as a glider for a short period of time.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

redshirt posted:

Great synergy between username/profile picture and posting here.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
The Cybertruck provides each owner a personal IRC channel so you can cyber with Grok.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So I've actually seen Rivian trucks on the road...are they more expensive than Musk's dumb car?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

FlamingLiberal posted:

So I've actually seen Rivian trucks on the road...are they more expensive than Musk's dumb car?

In that you can actually purchase one for money, yes

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

priznat posted:

Stamped stuff is extremely normal, steel boxes nicely, cast aluminum is also very aite

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

FlamingLiberal posted:

Nope, Rivians are $10,000 cheaper

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Remember when Elmo wanted X to be a bank?

:lol:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

"You can fit 4'x8' pieces of plywood in, with the back down"

Sure, if you cut them up first

Bing bong

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

E the Shaggy posted:

Remember when Elmo wanted X to be a bank?

:lol:

He still does

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Just remembered what they remind me of

Slab Gapcrash: "This is the car for me"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Data Graham posted:

Sure, if you cut them up first

Bing bong

Typo, meant 4"by8"

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I see Rivian trucks all over the Portland area all day long. The SUV, too

Useful Distraction
Jan 11, 2006
not a pyramid scheme

Klyith posted:

Gawker killed Gawker. They got an order from a federal judge and said "nuh-uh, we're leaving the sextape video up. The first amendment says so!" That is put a gun to your own head stupid.

Not actually what happened. They got an order to take down the video and the accompanying post describing the video, they took down the video but left the post up, arguing (probably legally correctly) that the first amendment would protect merely describing the content of the video.

of course legally correct doesn't mean much when you don't have the money to appeal or continue the legal fight...

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
I was watching some video about the Rivian, and the guy was saying that when you put the gate back up, any dirt or whatever falls right down into the holes by a bunch of circuits and electronics.

he's got a lil' plant growin' down there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr5x62MyAUg

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Lamech posted:

I was watching some video about the Rivian, and the guy was saying that when you put the gate back up, any dirt or whatever falls right down into the holes by a bunch of circuits and electronics.

he's got a lil' plant growin' down there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr5x62MyAUg

Well there's your problem right there. Why are you hauling dirt and poop and stuff in a truck??

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

oh my loving god the video here

https://x.com/esherifftv/status/1730287261357367743?s=20

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

redshirt posted:

Well there's your problem right there. Why are you hauling dirt and poop and stuff in a truck??

it's for a very elaborate assassination

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I can't get over the headlights strobing like lighting for a club. Everything about this looks cheap as gently caress.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I can't get over the headlights strobing like lighting for a club. Everything about this looks cheap as gently caress.

That’s normal for LEDs, most cars lights nowadays do that when filmed. It’s not noticeable in person.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

"yeah so I hit something because you can't see poo poo while driving"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

priznat posted:

That’s normal for LEDs, most cars lights nowadays do that when filmed. It’s not noticeable in person.

what is more odd is that my cameras will have an anti flicker and not show it, nor my pixel or iphone, yet here we are watching someone taking delivery of a cybertruck recording it on a cheap phone