Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Kit Walker posted:

And hey, Worm underlines a really important moral I think we've all already known: lesbians can kill god

We've watched an anime, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

what is the lesbipower of a tribcircle versus the natural leftist circular firing squad

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

goatsestretchgoals posted:

what is the lesbipower of a tribcircle versus the natural leftist circular firing squad

4.20 times better, assuming standard Kilolesbos

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

We've watched an anime, yes

its just like an anime because worm also refused to admit that they're actually lesbians

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

atelier morgan posted:

its just like an anime because worm also refused to admit that they're actually lesbians

:drat:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Cybersyn’s killer is finally dead. :unsmith:

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Had a dream that Hulu gave you social credit points for watching the right TV shows

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

War and Pieces posted:

Had a dream that Hulu gave you social credit points for watching the right TV shows

-the ceo of Hulu

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

War and Pieces posted:

Truly we've a visionary amongst us.

They'll give you bonus credits for watching shows currently being promoted, the NFL/whatever sports thing they've licensed this year, or where the product placement is heaviest.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

skooma512 posted:

Truly we've a visionary amongst us.

They'll give you bonus credits for watching shows currently being promoted, the NFL/whatever sports thing they've licensed this year, or where the product placement is heaviest.

r/superwatchers has tips to min/max optimally to game the system

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

War and Pieces posted:

Don't give them ideas

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

eSports Chaebol posted:

r/superwatchers has tips to min/max optimally to game the system

mileage runs but it’s a 72-hour stim bender to catch everything Netflix dropped that week

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

buying a motorized mannequin hooked up to chatgpt so it can recognize when to stand up and yell "i'm loving it" for maximized social credit

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Jazerus posted:

buying a motorized mannequin hooked up to chatgpt so it can recognize when to stand up and yell "i'm loving it" for maximized social credit

the patent application doesn’t even make you say the phrase, just “McDonalds” so again stop giving them ideas

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

grinding social credit by standing in front of my wall of smart tvs all watching the same station, one McDonalds! gets me 27 positive actions worth of score, just a few more weeks of this before i can qualify for a car loan

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Mcdonald good

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

eSports Chaebol posted:

the patent application doesn’t even make you say the phrase, just “McDonalds” so again stop giving them ideas

The real game here is you say "McDonalds" loud enough so your kids hear from the next room and then they beg you to go to McDonalds and it's no fair if you say no, because you're the one who said McDonalds to begin with.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

impossiboobs posted:

The real game here is you say "McDonalds" loud enough so your kids hear from the next room and then they beg you to go to McDonalds and it's no fair if you say no, because you're the one who said McDonalds to begin with.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Jokes on them, I've been yelling at my TV for decades.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

atelier morgan posted:

Hey now, Wildbow was very upfront and open about Parian and Foil being lesbians, in love, in love with each other, and also willing to completely bend their moral compasses if it meant getting to stay together and continue being lesbians in love with each other. For all his flaws I'll give Wildbow a lot of credit for slathering open queer representation all over his works

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
This worm story is ok but dear god it needs an editor so badly

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
welcome to amateur serial fiction

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

If you want food we fiction read Ra by qtmn

They're the one that wrote the dystopic brain uploading story goons love

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

big mean giraffe posted:

This worm story is ok but dear god it needs an editor so badly

Hey you don't write 1.7 million words over 2 years without...uh...writing a few too many. It's funny, Worm is what made Wildbow popular but it's also arguably his weakest work. I liked it a lot because it goes to some wild places and it's pretty drat entertaining, but his later works hit some really mature and tender notes on subjects way bigger authors won't even touch. Worm is just really fun for getting to watch a bullied teenager slowly become the most dangerous woman on the planet in a way that feels completely natural despite her power just being control over nearby bugs

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Editors cost money.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Also it's the nature of serial web fiction that you don't actually get a second draft of the story as a whole. You write a chapter, post it, and write the next one. There's no going back to edit things down for pacing or whatever, that just slows you down when your diehard audience of Patreon backers is paying you to :justpost:.

Anyhow there's a web serial thread in TBB if any of you want better recommendations than "here's the fiction inspired by the fiction that namedrops the weird AI guy"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

blastron posted:

Also it's the nature of serial web fiction that you don't actually get a second draft of the story as a whole. You write a chapter, post it, and write the next one. There's no going back to edit things down for pacing or whatever, that just slows you down when your diehard audience of Patreon backers is paying you to :justpost:
Hey, if it worked for Dickens,

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
One step closer to Skynet:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/dec/01/the-gospel-how-israel-uses-ai-to-select-bombing-targets

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

If it's in palestenian territory, it gets bombed. That's my policy- dirty harry

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
https://twitter.com/realonlineboy/status/1730334609848615260

angry customer furiously demanding the lelnach sauce he was sold

Grendel
Jul 21, 2001

Heh, heh, heh...bueno

blastron posted:

• Worth the Candle, an isekai where a depressed D&D dungeon master gets teleported into a world that's a dark pastiche of all the fantasy settings he's written for his games. A tremendous amount of effort was put into making the setting make total sense, despite consisting of every off-the-wall idea the author had ever come up with. This one might actually be explicitly rational fiction, since it was written by Alexander Wales, an author who was active in that circle and wrote a post about it, but his more recent works are decidedly less so.
Hey, thanks for this recommendation. I started reading this one last night, and I'm absolutely hooked. I'm very much not a fanfic guy, but it reminds me of two of my favourites (both of which I think I heard about here on these forums).

• Harry Potter And The Natural 20 A series of Harry Potter fanfic novels in which the Trio are joined by a character from the D&D universe. That sounds terrible, but it's actually very smart and funny. It's not explicitly rationalist, but it has a lot of overlap with that genre.

• Potter Who and the Wossname's Thingummy Harry Potter is accidentally possessed by The Doctor. Less rationalist, but the main character obviously has a very intelligent, analytic approach to life, and the whole thing is incredibly cleverly-written.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
How can you talk about Harry Potter fanfics and not mention Harry Potter and the Most Electrifying Man

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you have favorite fan fictions you are very much a fanfic guy. own it or hide it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

https://fortune.com/2023/11/30/lucid-dream-startup-prophetic-headset-prepare-meetings-while-sleeping/

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

if you have favorite fan fictions you are very much a fanfic guy. own it or hide it.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

HALO HEADBAND CAUSES BEEFBRAIN???

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

ymgve posted:

How can you talk about Harry Potter fanfics and not mention Harry Potter and the Most Electrifying Man

thanks for this, got me through a really really long hold message on the phone

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://twitter.com/zachbussey/status/1730690145693610059

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU