Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Commander Keene posted:

I'm pretty sure there's a "launch Steam minimized" option in the settings somewhere, but I'm not at my PC right now, I'll check when I get home.

Well your phrasing helped me google my problem, and it looks like that option is just gone from the settings menu now. And the suggested solution is to add an extra command to your Steam desktop shortcut (and also use a Steam desktop shortcut). Kinda funny/annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

did you know there's a torture technique that consists of blasting the same song into a cell for days or weeks on end? i learned about it in sere. that was basically my teenage years with my sister's obsession with rent. every waking hour, that loving soundtrack at max volume. it was my alarm clock, my lullaby, and everything in between. it soured me on musicals in general to this day. so, not a big fan when non-musicals suddenly swerve into a musical scene.
My freshman year roommate played Wish You Were Here for the entire year. Not even the album, solely the eponymous song. Sometimes he'd sing along.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

did you know there's a torture technique that consists of blasting the same song into a cell for days or weeks on end? i learned about it in sere. that was basically my teenage years with my sister's obsession with rent. every waking hour, that loving soundtrack at max volume. it was my alarm clock, my lullaby, and everything in between. it soured me on musicals in general to this day. so, not a big fan when non-musicals suddenly swerve into a musical scene.

Five hundred, twenty five thousand, six hundred minutes of the rent soundtrack.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Is Return to Moria any good? Is there a thread about it?

Not really.

It's aggressively mediocre unless you're a die-hard LOTR fan.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Is Return to Moria any good? Is there a thread about it?

It has problems and there's no reason to grab it if you're playing solo, but I find that it's really fun in a group. It's great when people head out on expeditions and some of us stay home to build a base and we can just shoot the poo poo until someone screams "cave troll!" and we have to scramble to figure out where the gently caress our friends are.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Is there a Lethal Company thread yet? Just purchased it and all my friends IRL are too boring to play it.

Edit: Yes, here. No idea why it didn't come up for me in search.

SeaborneClink fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 1, 2023

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

credburn posted:

PlayerUnknown is one word, and Battlegrounds is one word, so PUBG never meant anything to begin with

The superior nickname for that game, "PlunkBat" never got enough traction. :(

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

exquisite tea posted:

I don't trust anyone that dislikes musical theater.

<===untrustable

Edit:
The only thing worse than musicals is musicals on a TV.

DerekSmartymans fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 1, 2023

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

deep dish peat moss posted:

You know how everyone can find some weird corner of the internet that's an echo chamber for the things they like/dislike? Yeah, I can't :argh:

e: It's because I have a hella broken brain :shobon:

I unironically love your posts, friend. They always make me think about why I disagree with you, and my wife says I make funny faces when I read them. :woof:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I wish steam let me resize it to fit half a screen

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Upsidads posted:

I wish steam let me resize it to fit half a screen

Can't you just do WinKey+left/right arrow?

/Edit: you can also just drag any program window against the left or right of your screen.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Dec 1, 2023

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
On my 1080p laptop display with 125% display scaling it can't shrink past roughly 2/3rds of the width of the display

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Hogama posted:

My freshman year roommate played Wish You Were Here for the entire year. Not even the album, solely the eponymous song.
Did you play Shine On You Crazy Diamond in response?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Macichne Leainig posted:

On my 1080p laptop display with 125% display scaling it can't shrink past roughly 2/3rds of the width of the display

yeah thats my issue, well i guess our issue. twins!

Countzer
May 27, 2022

Hogama posted:

My freshman year roommate played Wish You Were Here for the entire year. Not even the album, solely the eponymous song. Sometimes he'd sing along.

I'll take that over a co-worker at my old job blasting Numb on repeat 3-4 times a day every day for a month and a half.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Did you play Shine On You Crazy Diamond in response?

I been found, that's my favourite Pink Floyd song.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Black Griffon posted:

Yeah, that's a reason to build for launch. The double tap always works.

I speak from experience (and endless arguing back and forth in PYF) that it doesn't always work.

Not to say you shouldn't be focusing on Launch as a fundamental part of your offense, that's absolutely true.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

John Murdoch posted:

I speak from experience (and endless arguing back and forth in PYF) that it doesn't always work.

Not to say you shouldn't be focusing on Launch as a fundamental part of your offense, that's absolutely true.

Well, I mean, sure. The non-definite sometimes of an always. Sometimes you miss with a gun, but it's always nice to have.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

okay found a solid deal for a video game I've been wanting for a while from a website that's legit and so on

on the other hand THIS was my receipt email and I want to somehow undo the entire chain of events that led here

quote:

Dear Strix

Epic loot alert! :gift: Your recent order [x] has been successfully processed and is now on a digital journey towards your gaming station. On behalf of the whole team here at JoyBuggy, we want to send a massive THANK YOU! :boom:

Your support is like the ultimate health potion for us. It keeps us fighting off glitches, leveling up our services, and tirelessly hunting down the latest and greatest in gaming for you. We're on a quest to be the best, and adventurers like you make it possible.

Before you dive headfirst into your new game, we have a favor to ask. You know how important XP is in gaming? Well, in our world, your feedback is our XP. It's how we level up, get stronger, and defeat the final bosses of e-commerce.

So, we need you, our fearless gamer, to drop a quick review for us on Trustpilot. As gamers say, "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." And with your feedback, we promise not to grow old, but to keep improving, evolving, and keeping the gamer's spirit alive and kicking.

[review us on trustpilot link]

If you have any questions, need assistance, or have feedback about your purchase, our Game Masters are on standby, just a click away. Feel free to reach us via our website, email, or on our gaming forums. Remember, we're in this co-op game together, and your voice matters.

Looking forward to hearing your battle stories and feedback. In the meantime, grab your gear and ready up for some epic gaming moments with your new purchase.

Game on, strix. May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low.

Best in-game regards,

[name of CEO]
Grand Gamemaster
JoyBuggy

P.S. Keep an eye on our updates - we're always rolling out new quests and loot you won't want to miss!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

okay found a solid deal for a video game I've been wanting for a while from a website that's legit and so on

on the other hand THIS was my receipt email and I want to somehow undo the entire chain of events that led here

Sounds like you're a genuine gamer.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
There's torturing a metaphor and there's... that.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

StrixNebulosa posted:

The RoG strike team is on its way to tattoo 'GAMER (DEROGATORY)' on your face.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Sounds like you're a genuine gamer.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
I DON'T WANT TO BE A loving GENUINE GAMER

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

StrixNebulosa posted:

Game on, strix. May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low.

(hope it wasn't Frostpunk you just picked up)

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

StrixNebulosa posted:

I don't want to be around anymore

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Steam Thread: I DON'T WANT TO BE A loving GENUINE GAMER

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

I'm sorry, I cannot imagine this as anything but you buying keys from a trenchcoat-wearing clown now, and I'm cackling at the image

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Literally I wanted to do was play Red Lantern, a game about sled dogs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H08gxT0RR2c

e: if you want one of those emails too you can get Red Lantern here for 6$ which is a solid price for cute pups https://www.joybuggy.com/en/the-red-lantern

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Foul Fowl posted:

I DON'T WANT TO BE A loving GENUINE GAMER

oh so you're a fake gamer, huh? Name fewer than 5 video games

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.

Countzer posted:

I'll take that over a co-worker at my old job blasting Numb on repeat 3-4 times a day every day for a month and a half.

Did the month and a half end with the co-worker's suicide?

How long is The Murder Of Sonic The Hedgehog? Are there any choices beyond what hilarious name you give the player character (Nerd *snort*)?

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Steam Thread: Genuine Dealz

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

kazil posted:

oh so you're a fake gamer, huh? Name fewer than 5 video games

Marryo Brothers
Nintendo
Pokeymon
Madden

Gorilla Radio posted:

Did the month and a half end with the co-worker's suicide?

How long is The Murder Of Sonic The Hedgehog? Are there any choices beyond what hilarious name you give the player character (Nerd *snort*)?

An hour or two. There are dialogue choices but no branching paths.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hwurmp posted:

Marryo Brothers
Nintendo
Pokeymon
Madden

Unfortunately, there are at least 40 Madden games. You are a true gamer.

Orv
May 4, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

The most high school principal vibes I’ve ever gotten off an email

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

An email written by the kind of person who enthusiastically puts bumper stickers on their car

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

ultrafilter posted:

Video Games > Steam Thread: I DON'T WANT TO BE A loving GENUINE GAMER
seconded

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Would being a Genuine Gamer entitle me to use Gamer Power Words?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

https://x.com/ondeck/status/1730637134116384769?s=46&t=DvvqeOcggle6VW8Wu5D9WA

Real gamers game on the deck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.

Hwurmp posted:

An hour or two. There are dialogue choices but no branching paths.

Thank you!

A LOT of hard-R, G-word slurs being thrown around in this thread. Not sure if I should report or not.