Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince

I found this guy on YouTube, goes by The Laughing Simon, he's made a ton of funny skyrim VR vids, but I'm caught up in his Bone Piece series where he role plays as a skeleton pirate called Captain Fanny Bones. I watched a couple of his later vids and now I'm like I have to watch all of this insanity from the start. It's hilarious, but maybe you need to have spent the last million years playing skyrim too to get most of it. I wish you could mod skyrim VR on Playstation like you can on PC. I want to play it with hands!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quadramind

nah, this is hilarious and I've never played Skyrim

Hand acting is one of the best things to come out of VR

It's been a very funny morning. I finally gave The Darkside Detective a go and it hit me with laughs within the first few seconds and didn't stop. I get why people complain there's not more of this game.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

have any of you Yobbers played Remnant 2? it's hitting all the right buttons, it's like if Destiny 2 and Dark Souls and Metro 2033 did a thing together. Lots of randomized stuff, short story campaign, some solid co-op. Real fun and I think a few black friday sales have it under $30. Probably my GOTY

Quadramind

I really like checking in on what friends are playing and all that, so if any of y'all want to be steam friends here's my id https://steamcommunity.com/id/quadramind/

Quadramind

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

have any of you Yobbers played Remnant 2? it's hitting all the right buttons, it's like if Destiny 2 and Dark Souls and Metro 2033 did a thing together. Lots of randomized stuff, short story campaign, some solid co-op. Real fun and I think a few black friday sales have it under $30. Probably my GOTY

this looks cool as hell, but I doubt my gameship will run it. I'm still working on Dark Souls I anyway.

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Quadramind posted:

I really like checking in on what friends are playing and all that, so if any of y'all want to be steam friends here's my id https://steamcommunity.com/id/quadramind/

:haibrow: https://steamcommunity.com/id/saoshyant/

Edit: Oh, I see I'll have to beat all your Pinball FX3 high scores :v:

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Nov 21, 2023

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Quadramind

such a great game, but I really struggle with reliably aiming the ball
think I legit need to just do practice mode for a bit once I pick my favourite table out of the few I've got

StupidSexyMothman

Quadramind posted:

:hmmyes:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/discountcleric

Quadramind

yeaa! got my first Spelunky win.
Steam says 80 hours or so, but a lot of that was trashed co-op with gfmind and that's a recipe for immense craic and close to zero chance of a win

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I got no mans sky on sale and landed my spaceship on top of this floating rock thing and jetpacked away and now my ship has no fuel so I can't summon it and I also can't jetpack my way back to it cause it's too high up

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Ass-penny

I bought Disco Elysium a second time and started a new game again. Delores Dei help me

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Finger Prince

I'm getting kind of stoked to play baldur's gate 3. Even if it's not on sale I think I'll pick it up when I get paid next week.

I ended up picking up Horizon: call of the climbing simulator on black Friday sale, because the demo is just so drat good. The full game? Does not disappoint. I know it's reportedly fairly short and linear, and designed more as a technology proof of concept, but it's still really awesome. I would love to play an entire open world Horizon game in VR. They absolutely nailed the control scheme and the whole world is gorgeous. It's kind of funny interacting with NPCs in VR space. They're shorter than I imagined. I'm not super tall, but Aloy is like... 5'5" maybe? I'm curious how different height players experience this. If you're also around 5'5" playing this game, do you see her at eye level, rather than looking slightly down? I guess it could be how they designed the height of your character... But then the ground is mapped and your headset is mapped at a certain height in space above the ground level, so it seems like your virtual viewpoint in-game would be at the same height it exists on your physical head.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Nov 25, 2023

RavenousScoot

rear end-penny posted:

I bought Disco Elysium a second time and started a new game again. Delores Dei help me

I just started a new run with the psyche preset and I'm going to take the whackier dialog options and try to do most of the side stuff I missed maybe go ancap?

first run was intellect sorry cop art cop communist but I accidentally rushed into the endgame a bit early bc a lot of my side goals were locked behind failed checks it seemed out of character to force if harry couldn't do them, at least I found the phasmid

THANK YOU NESAM :^))
Previous:

code:
https://i.imgur.com/1rh8sdW.mp4 - manifisto
https://i.imgur.com/DeyYjwj.mp4 - vanisher
Ass-penny

RavenousScoot posted:

I just started a new run with the psyche preset and I'm going to take the whackier dialog options and try to do most of the side stuff I missed maybe go ancap?

first run was intellect sorry cop art cop communist but I accidentally rushed into the endgame a bit early bc a lot of my side goals were locked behind failed checks it seemed out of character to force if harry couldn't do them, at least I found the phasmid

lol if you're suggesting I play :ancap: I actually used the sensitive (psyche) preset but I'm making a superstar fascist cop. mostly because the first time I played the fash spirit quest I happened to talk to the correct fascist first and I kind of want to see what Gary and Rene have to say about turning back time. I have played through like 6 times already, I have seen a lot of this game but there's still some things I have yet to see.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

RavenousScoot

rear end-penny posted:

lol if you're suggesting I play :ancap: I actually used the sensitive (psyche) preset but I'm making a superstar fascist cop. mostly because the first time I played the fash spirit quest I happened to talk to the correct fascist first and I kind of want to see what Gary and Rene have to say about turning back time. I have played through like 6 times already, I have seen a lot of this game but there's still some things I have yet to see.

oh I meant for my run, and you reminded me to throw rockstar in the pile of delusions

uhh I'm saving fascist to do with most total dickhead options on a physique build on some later 3rd run

I'm really impressed and glad with how fresh it feels replaying with new dialogue and thoughts

Previous:

code:
Ass-penny

Yeah if you intentionally make different decisions there's like 3-4 solid plays in there still. there's so many thoughts, it's kind of mind boggling

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

rear end-penny posted:

Yeah if you intentionally make different decisions there's like 3-4 solid plays in there still. there's so many thoughts, it's kind of mind boggling

it really is something. just deciding that you are a capitalist hobo as well as a superstar, why not? the best part is when you internalize every single ideology and just confuse everybody.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i'm a go-getter, a real hustler! also i believe in the emancipation of the working class and the world revolution! and... and i think women and minorities are garbage and should be shot! but most of all, i believe everything is as it should be.

Nosfereefer

Nosfereefer posted:

i'm a go-getter, a real hustler! also i believe in the emancipation of the working class and the world revolution! and... and i think women and minorities are garbage and should be shot! but most of all, i believe everything is as it should be.

and i vote

kalel

I really want to play Rayman 2 the great escape for some reason

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

kalel posted:

I really want to play Rayman 2 the great escape for some reason

Well, good news: it runs on just about anything via Dreamcast emulation.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Ass-penny

:cheers:

Finger Prince

I finally played Disco Elysium.
Flipped off the bartender and died of a heart attack before leaving the first building. Shortest game ever.

RavenousScoot

Finger Prince posted:

I finally played Disco Elysium.
Flipped off the bartender and died of a heart attack before leaving the first building. Shortest game ever.

reach for your tie wrong and it can be even shorter

hell I think you can even just not wake up at the beginning

Previous:

code:
Ass-penny

RavenousScoot posted:

hell I think you can even just not wake up at the beginning

:catstare: I ain't never seen that happen. on day one?

Vitamin Me

Almost finished The Outer Wilds dlc..its been a trip

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
i'm playing through Tears of the Kingdom with no guides. this game is incredible :pusheen:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

RavenousScoot

rear end-penny posted:

:catstare: I ain't never seen that happen. on day one?

huh I could have sworn this was a thing I had happen, but I went to test it and couldn't get it to happen again?

maybe I'm as shot as harry and imagined it

edit: I found a reddit thread asking about it and seemingly unable to duplicate it, but no comments acknowledging it as a thing that happens

RavenousScoot fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Nov 28, 2023

Previous:

code:
FutonForensic

Areola Grande posted:

i'm playing through Tears of the Kingdom with no guides. this game is incredible :pusheen:

Great times await

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

FutonForensic posted:

Great times await

it's like they packed three times the amount of game in compared to BoTW :psyduck:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Prof. Crocodile

Areola Grande posted:

it's like they packed three times the amount of game in compared to BoTW :psyduck:

They also did a great job refining and improving some of the core elements from BoTW. Weapon durability, flashback vignettes, and minibosses are all much improved and are actually strengths in ToTK when they were weaknesses in BoTW.

Ass-penny

RavenousScoot posted:

huh I could have sworn this was a thing I had happen, but I went to test it and couldn't get it to happen again?

maybe I'm as shot as harry and imagined it

edit: I found a reddit thread asking about it and seemingly unable to duplicate it, but no comments acknowledging it as a thing that happens

yeah even with only one endurance/volution I've woken up. the ceiling fan death 3 minutes into the game is classic but killing you before your consciousness sticks to your bloated body seems punitive even for a game that is not afraid to kill you lol

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
Eeeep I finally upgraded my gpu, nothing major but to a RTX 3050 and oh my goddess RAY TRACING. It's so,,, it's just so AAAAAAAAA Doing a new playthrough of Cyberpunk with this card and PRETTY NEON LIGHTS evberywhere!!!

Quadramind

Yooo, that's so cool. I still have a 1050ti, but luckily humanity has been pretty good about pumping out insanely good games for decades. It's also cool to do the extremely late upgrade and then get all those sweet games with pimp graphics at super discount.

Finger Prince

I spent all day playing baldur's gate 3 and it was awesome.

kalel

Finger Prince posted:

I spent all day playing baldur's gate 3 and it was awesome.

extremely jealous

Ass-penny

kalel posted:

extremely jealous

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Picked up Death's Door after a month of not playing and it's great. Nice little 3d isometric Zelda-esque gameplay with some tough boss battles, lots of little secrets to find and you play as a crow who is also a Grim Reaper and the Afterlife is like an office that's falling apart. Real short but has a ton of post-game if you wanna keep at it

AdvilSmith

Broken! Busted! Everybody has something to repair. Before buying new, let Mighty Putty fix it for you.
Anyone here played mother 3? I'm playing through for the first time and I'm at chapter 4 right now. I like the narrative style in this game.

Spoilered for possible spoilers.
During chapter 3, when you're the monkey, omg. I've never been so loving mad a video game character before. Holy poo poo. Fassad can actually gently caress right off forever. Such an rear end in a top hat shitcake, crunchy skid mark having mother fucker! "dance monkey and I'll let your gf live!" I dance he shocks me. I breath and he shocks me. Ugh! Bad guys suck.
I really hope I get to kick his rear end proper at some point in the game becuse my GOD does he have it coming. Shock my monkey will you! Was really hoping th dragon would take his head clean off but no. That bitch got off easy.

thank you RavenousScoot 🤘🐹

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wertjoe

AdvilSmith posted:

Anyone here played mother 3? I'm playing through for the first time and I'm at chapter 4 right now. I like the narrative style in this game.

Spoilered for possible spoilers.
During chapter 3, when you're the monkey, omg. I've never been so loving mad a video game character before. Holy poo poo. Fassad can actually gently caress right off forever. Such an rear end in a top hat shitcake, crunchy skid mark having mother fucker! "dance monkey and I'll let your gf live!" I dance he shocks me. I breath and he shocks me. Ugh! Bad guys suck.
I really hope I get to kick his rear end proper at some point in the game becuse my GOD does he have it coming. Shock my monkey will you! Was really hoping th dragon would take his head clean off but no. That bitch got off easy.

The whole game is depressing.